It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man survives 180 ft plunge over Niagara Falls

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Man, this must really suck. Guy tries suicide over Niagara Falls and fails miserably!

NIAGARA FALLS, N.Y. (AP) — A man survived a plunge of at least 180 feet over Niagara Falls in an apparent suicide attempt Monday — only the third person known to have lived after going over the falls without a safety device. Niagara Parks Police said witnesses reported seeing the man climb over a railing 20 to 30 feet out over the Horseshoe Falls at 10:20 a.m. and "deliberately jump" into the Niagara River. Seriously injured, he surfaced in the lower Niagara River basin near the Journey Behind the Falls observation platform and managed to make it to shore on his own.

Epic suicide fail

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Jaellma

When I first saw the title I was guessing Darwin fail. Its always sad to me when people get to the point they are willing to take their own lives. I suppose if you are going to do it, do it specracularly.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Let's hope that he takes this as a sign to remain among the living; I think I would.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   
It wasn't meant to be, there is something he was meant to do before he leaves this world.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Mkoll

Yeah, this is definitely a wake up call. Reminds me of a co-worker who jumped in front of a moving car and only ended up with a crushed spine, broken ribs and crushed ego. Some people try to off themselves but only end up in pain and a lifetime to reflect their mistakes.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Then there is all the others who succeed in taking their own life that do not make it onto the news.

Or the father who throws his 2 children off the balcony then himself and all dead or the father who throws his daughter then himself off the bridge both dead.

suicide is a sad and terrible thing that is a big problem in the world.

List of rates per country of recorded suicides per year as of 2011 per 100,000 people

Here

new topics

top topics

join