It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sonic weaponary?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 06:20 AM
link   
Several years ago in the uk there was a newspaper story that spoke of a group of people who had been using a weapon(?) to win horse racing.

The device would be pointed from a distance at the head of the horse and then activated,it would make a painfull bang inside the horses ear and thus disorientate the animal causing it to fall over,throw its rider etc.

There was no actual noise to be heard by other spectators and there was actual footage of the horse being targeted and falling over.

The people using the device had it disguised as a pair of binoculars and were caught and charged.

What was this? Does any one know or remember the incident?

What sort of range could a device like this have?

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 07:08 AM
link   
No one replied to this post but i have carried on searching and have only found 1 piece of information which is that the NAZIS developed a weapon called "project Gabriel" but i cant find anything about the details,any more info ATS people?

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 08:06 AM
link   
I've heard of this type of weapon. At the land combat expo in Heidelberg the US Army was showing off a new weapon that used something similar. It is a weapon that uses sound waves to irritate blood cells to make people feel as if their blood is boiling. As soon as the weapon is turned away this pain is gone completely. It is still in development as a non-lethal weapon for different law enforcement agencies. It's not really what you were looking for though. This thing actually does hurt a LOT. Volunteers were "shot" by the waves and I happened to be one of them. It's a really cool weapon though.

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 11:25 AM
link   
there are burglar alarms that produce a painful sound.

one weapon my friend luim thought up was quite , sadastic.
as you know there is a human hearing range, well there is a sound that will cause you to throw up. now his idea was to parashute in some high amped up speakers them get them to play the sound. the enemy wont hear it and wont know about it . the gaurd dogs would go beserk, the guards would throw up. the eventual effect would be total incapacitation of the enemy in the range of the speakers.

new topics

top topics

join