It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What I've learned at ATS

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Gotta say, I'm EXTREMELY happy I learned the things I did. I have run into some SERIOUSLY messed up folks this evening... and got away unscathed (thank goodness!!).
Definitely an interesting experience!

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Eh,it happens.
Depends on what playground you want to hang in.
More bullies in some then others.
Hang tough.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 12:48 AM
link   
There were three different people in three different areas. I guess it's good that they crossed my path instead of one another's paths because they could have done serious damage to one another and I've luckily learned to walk away... and use alert when needed

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   
The joy of learning continues!
I've learned there are more trolls on the weekend then there are during the week.
Amazing how much difference there is in discussions during the weeknights and on weekends. I figured there would be a little bit, but there is a LOT.
I look forward to seeing how this plays out with school out now and more teens filtering in.
My hypothesis is that the trolling will greatly increase, hopefully I am wrong, but something tells me I'm not.
edit on 27-5-2012 by PurpleChiten because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by PurpleChiten

Trolling does seem to go in cycles.
Weekends get troll heavy, and now that summer is coming up.....

It's going to be a troll haven....

Trolls hate fire though, so carry a well lit torch

and let your hide get thicker as quick as possible!
Or feathers in your case....
edit on 27-5-2012 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darkblade71

Trolling does seem to go in cycles.
Weekends get troll heavy, and now that summer is coming up.....

It's going to be a troll haven....

Trolls hate fire though, so carry a well lit torch

and let your hide get thicker as quick as possible!
Or feathers in your case....
edit on 27-5-2012 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

hmmmm, if i coat my feathers in boric acid, it'll retard the flames somewhat as well as make the fire green!!

May as well make it fun!

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   

May as well make it fun!

Exactly

Roast em

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 01:31 AM
link   
Well, I've been here for a month now (and 2 days)... I still think the list I made is accurate. There are things to add to it. I'll use letters instead of numbers since I can't remember what number I left off at and don't want to backtrack and check.

A. Do not feed the trolls
B. Do not feed the trolls
C. Do not feed the trolls
D. Do not feed the trolls

I seem to have trouble remembering that one!!!

E. Don't get on ATS between 9pm Friday and 8 am Sunday. The weekend is crawling with trolls and it's not worth it.

Every big issue I've had, since my trial by fire, has involved being online here from late Friday night, all through Saturday and Saturday night. That's when the trolls come out and I'm still having trouble resisting them.

F. Apparently, people get banned and just make new accounts.

I've been asked if I did this. No, This is my first account on ATS and I have never participated in any way, shape or form before a month (and 2 days) ago. EVER.

G. On your messages screen, if you click "replies" you can see who has replied to any of your postings. I just learned that a few days ago and it's pretty cool.

H. Some people think that 'Deny Ignorance' means to go ahead and be ignorant, but deny that you are.... I think they didn't quite get the jist.

I. If you disagree with a troll on one thread, they will follow you to every other thread you post on and keep attacking you because that's what trolls do.

Can everyone tell I've been dealing with a troll this weekend? Am I being obvious enough? LOL

J. Regardless of what a thread is about and how many links to information is given and how many videos are put up, There is a large group of people who don't read the links, don't look at the information and don't watch the videos. They read the title of the thread, interpet it by the title, form their opinion and refuse to waiver from that opinion regardless of how many times it is explained to them.

Well, the experience for the entire month has been good, but the experience on the weekends hasn't been. I think I'll avoid it like the plague next weekend.

Let's see what the second month brings!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join