It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police State in action. Artist arrested, for hanging 'I love NY' signs and charged w

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by DISINFORMANT

Originally posted by DISINFORMANT

The fact that you think he should not have been arrested simply means you think it should not be a police state.
It doesn't mean that it is not a police state.
You are looking at it as if I actually give a crap, but I do not. After reading that he was leaving plastic trash on someone else's property, I stopped reading. I'm not concerned enough to dig into any more details.

Explain, please, how does "Idon't think he should have been arrested"(but he was, and subject to detention without conviction) equate to: "This is not evidence of a police state"?
No.

Do you see this? Fnord?
You can fnord yourself with that finger, for all I care.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by BrokenCircles

The fact that you think he should not have been arrested simply means you think it should not be a police state.
It doesn't mean that it is not a police state.
You are looking at it as if I actually give a crap, but I do not. After reading that he was leaving plastic trash on someone else's property, I stopped reading. I'm not concerned enough to dig into any more details.

Explain, please, how does "Idon't think he should have been arrested"(but he was, and subject to detention without conviction) equate to: "This is not evidence of a police state"?
No.

Do you see this? Fnord?
You can fnord yourself with that finger, for all I care.

Behold. Denial and rejection. This is what waits to confront those who attempt to point out cognitive dissonance for what it is, to the cognitively dissonant.
edit on 5/25/2012 by DISINFORMANT because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Nah. Just honesty. It's not surprising that you didn't recognize it as such, since it is a rare characteristic nowadays.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Sick and sicker. This is the kind of thing that rational citizens don't think will happen when our police departments have their own way.

Cops seem to need to justify themselves (pun intended) and crave approval (acceptance) of their actions.

fwiw, I'm putting this in a separate post, but lookie....

www.wired.com...

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   
That ain't nothing, police harrass us here (southern california) without there even being reason. I.e. just today I pulled into my doctors office parking lot and was being followed by CA highway patrol, he parked directly behind me so I couldn't pull out and proceeded to run my plates, he sat there for a few mins and watched me then just drove away....I was like "wtf?"

I'm going to state the obvious here, while cops are out harrassing the innocent people of society, they're letting the real criminals go free.
edit on 6/1/2012 by TokayTamer because: added extra comments

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   
I know how to solve the problem but I can not say due to the NDAA.
Massive protests would be nice though.

On December 31, 2011, President Obama signed the National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA), codifying indefinite military detention without charge or trial into law for the first time in American history. The NDAA’s dangerous detention provisions would authorize the president — and all future presidents — to order the military to pick up and indefinitely imprison people captured anywhere in the world, far from any battlefield.

link

Welcome to the "New" AmeriKa folks.
edit on 1-6-2012 by Screwed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrWendal
reply to post by BrokenCircles

Ok, you can call it plastic trash. Let's accept that for a second.

Now how does plastic trash become a "fake bomb"? Even by your own perspective, at worst it is littering. Does Littering require a 30 day mental evaluation?

Want to rethink that proof of a police state again?

Plastic bag probably with some kind of wiring since there are ligets inside of it. Um, are there any pictures? Link didn't work for me for some reason, will try again. Point is, have you ever see an improvised explosive device?

ETA: Got the link to work. Totally looks like an improvised explosive device.
edit on 6/1/12 by Echo3Foxtrot because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   
I went and read the link, then I went to the other link. I'm thinking there is more to the story. I totally can see calling the bomb squad out if I was a cop that showed up. Being held that long for psych reasons seems... crazy. Even arresting someone for what seems a clear misunderstanding seems nuts. At the most it seems like littering. I really think something is being left out of the story.

Also dude looks really young for 50.
edit on 1-6-2012 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join