It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The information regarding a 'facebook' style encrypted wikileaks social network!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   
wlcentral.org...

The WikiLeaks Twitter feed announced on 20 May 2012 that the WL Friends/Friends of WikiLeaks (FoWL) network is ready to launch an 'encrypted Facebook'. This comes amidst growing concern for user privacy and safety at the Facebook website.

And here's the 12 point information.

12 reasons

One WikiLeaks tweet noted that "Facebook sells your information to governments, is lauded by MSM. WikiLeaks gives government information to you for free and we're terrorists". Following this statement, WikiLeaks tweeted a dozen reasons why this new site is better than Facebook.

WL Friends introduces you to people you want to know, but don't know yet. Facebook connects you to people you already know - no point.

Facebook is a mass surveillance tool. You put your friends into it, you betray your friends. Do friends betray friends? WL Friends doesn't know your friends. It introduces you to new friends.

Personally I'm not sure. I'll wait it out and read the feedback, but it's an interesting turn of events.

In this day and age it's hard to know who or what to trust.
edit on Tue May 22 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   
I was thinking as i was reading - "this could be an amazing achievement".

The i realised that it is pretty much a securer version of ATS, or so it seems

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Maybe it's self redundant like he sort of said, but it looks like something ...

good luck in producing something where people have informed opinions

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   
They could use ideas like the piratebay who kept the entire website on a torrent link in case if it got shut down and then they carried the website quickly to another server and its up ASAP hehe.

new topics

top topics

join