It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you feel this way too?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   
why don't you try a new culinary experience? or an old favorite? my old favorite... shrimp cup of noodles with cayenne hot sauce. one i haven't tried yet but want to... beef ribs with espresso bean bbq sauce. you know just play the stewie griffin glad game

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Did you ever stop to think they maybe your the sane one and the rest of the world is insane?

No sense worrying bout the things you can't change the only thing anyone of us can do is be the change we seek.

No am i a glummy guss with woe its me attitude?

Nope cause life always have a habit of getting worse in a matter of minutes so i leave this thread with a picture i recently found.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   
In your dreams, you have a sense of control. Lucid dreamers can basically create their own universe, who wouldn't want to have that kind of life? Then you wake up, and you have no power. All these conspiracy threads have one thing in common: they are all beyond your control. Whether its TPTB, aliens, or cosmic forces. It leaves us weary of our own limited existence.

Sometimes I dream about the distant future, if we are still around, and picture the huge leaps in technology, things that would make the internet look like a lamp. Inventions that expand consciousness. Then I realize I will be long gone before any of those inventions come to be. But, hopefully, someone will experience those things, hundreds or thousands of years from now. I always like to think: the best is yet to come. Because if the best times are behind us...why even continue anything?

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Skada

I don't know If it's enlightement, or crazyness. When I gaze at the stars at night, when I hope and feel that my heart start to burn when I think about the possibility of exploration, of encounters, of adventures, of new familiy and love that the universe offers, I wonder for one side if it's desilusion of our world ( and in this case I wonder how I'll survive in a world that I think absurd and irreal, at only 18. I guess I'll just work as everyone, it's normal, it's okay. But I motive myself to bring a part of my dreams in my life, in being awesome : D Okaay, I shut my ego up lol.) or a Call. For what ? Who ? I don't know but it's here ! Sometimes I just can't bear it. It's limit... organic, I feel it inside, I feel it that my essence, is just not in accord with what I'm doing here.
So I force myself to being calm, and wait. For what ? I even don't know, I even don't know if something will happen lol ! But I believe. With no reason or proof, with no rationnal states. I just... believe. I guess we need it. I believe to going away, pass in an other world ( I know, to read that it's strange uh ?), fight, live, etc !!!

Hahaha. Yes I guess it's a bit of crazyness. But to be honnest, I enjoy it. That adds a bit of pepper, to all this fade reality, full of insatisfactions : D

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by vancouverite
Ive been feeling empty lately, I did some digging and it brought me to yahoo, this man was talking about exactly how I've been feeling, then this random person posts everything I've been feeling in a nutshell. It's grown more intense these past couple days. Am I losing it, or do you guys feel the same?This is what the mystery poster said:

sounds like you need filling up. take it from me, there is NOTHING in this world to be afraid of. ok gorgeous?

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   
I've been thinking about it for a while. What if what we are feeling is this reality, this world, tearing at the seams? What if what we are feeling is the collective consensus of mankind? That collective is tired of this world of imprisonment. It is the humanity within us all wanting to break free of this dead world and thrive in a new one. What if the humanity in us was tired of living in a world of lies, greed, and anger and wanted to forge a new one? What if the human spirit was our connection to divinity, and God himself gave it the authority and power of self-direction?

God, all of this makes me feel crazy.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by JuDreamWalker

Perhaps we are all going either through a *blank*-life crisis, getting enlightenment, waking up, or just starting to feel things differently. It would seem that it is different for people. Like one person wakes up years ago and is going around and setting the alarm clocks for the rest of us. We could be reaching a critical point, the hundredth monkey syndrome or something similar.

Are you getting excited now that you have started to wake up and stretch? (not just JuDreamWalker; but anyone who has the feeling.)

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Skada

Yes I am, after a period of crise, a sort of revolt, I have an exitement, just a feeling to continue to going deeper in this thing : D Even if it's aventurous lol !

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Gasparus

isn't being a little crazy kinda fun?
Collective consciousness is a real thing. It's a communication between people of a kind. There have been many studies on it but controlling it has never been successful. I study stuff like that whenever I can find research articles that address it. It helps to explain my extreme increase in knowledge about things I have never studied. I do need to interpret these thoughts sometimes and that takes research. I still don't know who I am sharing communication with but I do know whoever or whatever it is isn't evil. We aren't supposed to be aware we possess it though, automatic is supposed to work and things just happen. Maybe my automatic is broke and I have lost the cloak.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   
wow, I feel the same too, something is not right. I also have been restless too recently, I even went to the doctor about it but nothing is wrong with me. Could this be what the mayans predicted - spiritual enlightenment??

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by SoulVoid

Look, I know that I am not the one who should to tell you what to do with your life, but just listen (read).
If you love your wife and you know that she made you happy some time ago, then there is no reason to break up.
Even if you don't love your wife anymore, remember why did you married her in the first place. I don't know the reason why You are breaking up, but you should ask yourself will you be happy without her? And more: What did you do to make her feel like a real woman? Did she make you feel like a real man? Did both of you tried hard enough to keep this relationship? Breaking up is not the solution - it is running away from problems and no one guarantees that you will not have same problems with another person. Talk to her (again, if you have to) but with the new attitude. There is a good reading about marriage by dr. Laura Schlessinger (name: Recipe For A Happy Marriage). Read it.

And about the OP - totally agree with that feeling
edit on 22-5-2012 by 13ssA because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by 13ssA

Look, I know that I am not the one who should to tell you what to do with your life, but just listen (read).
If you love your wife and you know that she made you happy some time ago, then there is no reason to brake up.
Even if you don't love your wife anymore, remember why did you married her in the first place. I don't know the reason why You are breaking up, but you should ask yourself will you be happy without her? What did you do to make her feel like a real woman? Did she make you feel like a real man? Did both of you tried hard enough to keep this relationship? Breaking up is not the solution - it is running away from problems and no one guarantees that you will not have same problems with another person. Talk to her (again, if thats the case) but with the new attitude. There is a good reading about marriage by dr. Laura Schlessinger (name: Recipe For A Happy Marriage). Read it.
And about the OP - totally agree with that feeling

She makes very good points in her books. Relationships take work on both sides.
edit on 22-5-2012 by obnoxiouschick because: messed up oops

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by LifeIsEnergy
reply to post by vancouverite

If you try to pile on happy and pleasant feelings on top of these negative feelings now, you will have regressed back into the 'game' of trying to fill and sustain these pleasant feelings. That is what addiction is, it is feeling a sense of despair and continuously trying to subdue that feeling with pleasant feelings.

I think your post is well thought out. From a different perspective, it could be said that if you are "full", try and become empty....but if you're empty, you'll naturally seek to be full. The latter being the issue.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   

This year I have notice more and more I am not able to get a good nights sleep. I literally cannot fall asleep. When I do I have to make myself fall asleep.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   

HEAD TO THE HORIZON REACH FOR HIGH ADVENTURE

in the final scene from the movie dagon and Uxía Cambarro said "every dream is a wish" wish for greatness and adventure

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   
I too have felt this feeling of nonexistence. It has been so intense that I have taken to using marijuana to "cover" it up. The feeling I get is that nothing is real, I look at people in public and realize how insignificant I really am.

It's more likely that I'm just having a "phase" of growing up.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by paradox
reply to post by LesMisanthrope

Sigh.

Well I'm flattered you think my post was designed specifically for you.

Sigh. Assumption and untrue.

In fact, that is why you replied to it. You felt like it describes you. Now your user name is making a lot of sense!

Fact? nope. Assumption, and in the end untrue. Sorry pal, wrong again.

PS. I am proud I am no longer delusional like a lot of people on here are. (not all)
Thanks for taking the time out of your day to reply to little ol me

Anytime.

I do hope you end up feeling better about yourself and your life, because someone who creates a thread saying "Why don't we all just kill ourselves?" has some serious issues. Take care, man! Don't hurt anyone!

Assumption, but thanks for taking the time out of your day to research little ol me
If you want at least one fact: the name is a play on Moliere's Le Misanthrope. It's a book. Assumptions still getting you nowhere but backwards, friend. But thanks for telling me about my feelings, my outlook on life and other things you could never possibly know but try to assert anyways. Whatever you want to tell yourself.

Don't hurt anyone, soldier!

Take care.

ETA: Sorry OP, I like playing with trolls.

edit on 22-5-2012 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   
I totally agree with the OP. Been definitely feeling something lately. It feels like existence is meaningless. It's all useless - economy, politics, education, etc. It all looks so goddamn FAKE

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by zero1020

the thing about marijuana is that if you look at the receptors in the brain the receptors that are firing too frequently slow down, and if they aren't firing enough it makes them go faster. we see this mostly in your indica strains i heard this from a movie called NORML life. it has more emphasis on not only the legal, physical, industrial, and spiritual aspects and legal biased nature of these laws. i actually recommend marijuana and if you are feeling adventurous i recommend Psilocybin if you want to go down that route. nobody is the same though and i believe you should consult a physician or a native american medicine man or a shaman in your country of origin

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   

I uderstand how you feel. I feel the same way. Human have screwed up this world and our leaders there is no longer an "American Dream"

If you ever read anything in the Bible read Ecclesiates. You will find a great deal of information in there, the poplar saying "eat drink and be merry for tomorrow you may die" that is in there.

But the main subject of the whole book is this whole life is nothing but vanity!

I have lost my sister of 47 years of age and my parents are both in bad health.
I have had to move back in with them and my with my hubby talk about challenges! And left my home in the wonderdfull mountains where everything is simple.

I just do my best to see the good in people and the Golden Rule "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you."

Ecclesiastes 3:3
1 TO EVERYTHING there is a season, and a time for every matter or purpose under heaven:
2 A time to be born and a time to die, a time to plant and a time to pluck up what is planted,
3 A time to kill and a time to heal, a time to break down and a time to build up,
4 A time to weep and a time to laugh, a time to mourn and a time to dance,
5 A time to cast away stones and a time to gather stones together, a time to embrace and a time to refrain from embracing,
6 A time to get and a time to lose, a time to keep and a time to cast away,
7 A time to rend and a time to sew, a time to keep silence and a time to speak,
8 A time to love and a time to hate, a time for war and a time for peace.
9 What profit remains for the worker from his toil?
10 I have seen the painful labor and exertion and miserable business which God has given to the sons of men with which to exercise and busy themselves.
11 He has made everything beautiful in its time. He also has planted eternity in men's hearts and minds [a divinely implanted sense of a purpose working through the ages which nothing under the sun but God alone can satisfy], yet so that men cannot find out what God has done from the beginning to the end.
12 I know that there is nothing better for them than to be glad and to get and do good as long as they live;
13 And also that every man should eat and drink and enjoy the good of all his labor--it is the gift of God.
14 I know that whatever God does, it endures forever; nothing can be added to it nor anything taken from it. And God does it so that men will [reverently] fear Him [revere and worship Him, knowing that He is].
15 That which is now already has been, and that which is to be already has been; and God seeks that which has passed by [so that history repeats itself].
16 Moreover, I saw under the sun that in the place of justice there was wickedness, and that in the place of righteousness wickedness was there also.
17 I said in my heart, God will judge the righteous and the wicked, for there is a time [appointed] for every matter and purpose and for every work.
18 I said in my heart regarding the subject of the sons of men, God is trying (separating and sifting) them, that they may see that by themselves [under the sun, without God] they are but like beasts.
19 For that which befalls the sons of men befalls beasts; even [in the end] one thing befalls them both. As the one dies, so dies the other. Yes, they all have one breath and spirit, so that a man has no preeminence over a beast; for all is vanity (emptiness, falsity, and futility)!
20 All go to one place; all are of the dust, and all turn to dust again.
21 Who knows the spirit of man, whether it goes upward, and the spirit of the beast, whether it goes downward to the earth?
22 So I saw that there is nothing better than that a man should rejoice in his own works, for that is his portion. For who shall bring him back to see what will happen after he is gone?

Hope this helps, BLESSINGS

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join