It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you feel this way too?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   
It's called reading too much "alternative media."
This isn't "enlightenment" or whatever you guys are trying to call it to make yourselves feel better, or superior, etc. It's delusional.

Do something with your life. There's a real world out there.
edit on 5-21-12 by paradox because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by SpeakerofTruth

Awareness is not a form of enlightenment. It is the path to enlightenment.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Skada

Starred for you cause you made me laugh.

Crazy is good, that can be fixed. Once you are enlightened or awakened there is no going back.

(Crazy can be fixed)

Yep I'm in a way in the same boat yet I sat on deck this morning and took great pleasure in sipping my first morning cup of coffee with my middle son, watching the robins play dive bomb try and get me with our little 20 pound Scruffy Jacairn Terrier. Watching Lucy making grass angels, rubbing her back against the soft green grass and the trees swaying in the gentle breeze.

I find that more and more people are like in a daze, almost like invasion of the pod people

Getting old, had a really exciting life, wish things would just calm down for a bit but it seems that ain't gonna happen for awhile.

The roller coaster, I fear is just about at the top.
edit on 21-5-2012 by ofhumandescent because: grammar.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by SpeakerofTruth

Bi-Polar?????Then i?m going nuts??But then again, aren´t we all??

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by paradox

Are you posting on company time?

You sure sound like a corporate drone to me.

If we're all so mad here, what the heck are you doing here?

Go troll somewhere's else and leave us mad hatters be.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by paradox

There is a lot of truth to your statements. Doing something you find worthwhile is really where it is at. That may sound stupid, but 3 years ago, I had a job I extremely disliked, friendships kept out of some past allegiance (because we went to H.S. together), and no real hobbies to speak of. Not only that, but I O.D.'d on Alternative Media, getting all gloomy. Today, while I do find it odd that the best this world can summarily offer is to extract materials from the earth to make and sell trinkets to each other, my life is 180 degrees from three years ago. As Gandhi says, "Become the change you want to see in the world."

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by vancouverite

I'd say I connect with about 80% of that "mystery post".

I attributed it to some small dimensional or vibrational shift, or maybe my 6 months of deep reflection, but I'm guessing it's more than that. Something is coming. Something big.

And if I'm wrong, then I'm better off dead. We all are.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by HumansEh

I kinda feel that way too.

My own personal description is that you want to build a house, you have this NEED to build a house...but not only do you lack the materials, but everyone else is building a car and insists that you join.

You know your purpose lies elsewhere, but it's on an island that you have no way to get to.

That's how I feel. I'm adrift, and I know there's a reason, I just don't know what it is. And I want to find it, but I don't know how. And the worst part is, when I find it, I'll discover that something else is in my way...something insurmountable.

Presence of purpose without direction nor assistance. That's what I feel.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Count me in to, i said nearly the same to a friend of mine yesterday
I think and feel the same way
edit on 21-5-2012 by SkullAndBeats235 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by paradox
This isn't "enlightenment" or whatever you guys are trying to call it to make yourselves feel better, or superior, etc. It's delusional.

In other words, heads down and back to work. You have a society to run—the "real world." I suppose the definition of delusion differs between everyone. If anyone tells you you are superior, you probably are.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by paradox

Is it too much trouble to question the system you work your posterior off to feed?

Is it too much trouble to ask why you don't have more power, or where this nation is going?

Of course it is...so much easier to just snooze it all away and work like the drugged monkey THEY want you to be...

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by LesMisanthrope

Originally posted by paradox

In other words, heads down and back to work. You have a society to run—the "real world." I suppose the definition of delusion differs between everyone. If anyone tells you you are superior, you probably are.

No, I'm not referring to the deluded conspiratorial version of the "real world"

I'm talking about the actual, less sinister real world. You know, the world that you guys fret over, creating sinister plots that make it seem like the world is a huge terrible place.

If you really believe that, you need to get out more. Talk to some real people. Ones who don't frequent conspiracy sites and fill their minds with a bunch of bs. What you focus your attention on manifests itself in your life. If you focus on conspiracies and sinister plots, that will be all you think about. That will be your world.

But hey, it's just my opinion. Don't let little ol me get to ya.

Uh oh, I might be a government shill. Look out!

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   
All of you (mostly) could've taken those responses out of my mind. I try meditation, and sit for 15-20 I clear my mind and my ears kind of "shut off"'so to speak, but that's my plateau. I really don't enjoy spending time with anyone apart from myself and my dad. This world isn't right, it keeps me up at night, as does it for all of you seemingly. I grow apart from my mom and brother because they are drones and refuse to listen Or keep an open mind. I just wish I could be beamed away or truly awake so to speak, and just leave for an amazing adventure. I don't fear death anymore, but will Not take my own life, I embrace what comes after, and in doing so I've actually conquerd fears and experienced that which I was afraid of, bungee jumping, skydiving, anything with the potential of death doesn't make my eyes wander, but rather I find them inticing, to push my limits. Thoughts?

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Sometimes we feel this way because our values have changed and we are no longer living according to our values. In order to be 'authentic' we need to live as close to the values we hold as possible. These can change as we grow and mature. It might be helpful to take a values clarification test and see what your values are today. I think you would be surprised. The solution can be that simple.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by SoulVoid

Honestly, psychology and psychiatry is just a money making racket. There is no hard scientific evidence that mental "disorders" even exist. However, that's for another thread. I wouldn't worry about it, bud.
edit on 21-5-2012 by SpeakerofTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by alyoshablue

Absolutely agree. I used to be a hardcore conspiracy theorist years ago. I can speak about it now only because I know what it is like. It's very nonconstructive to surround yourself with that junk. And a lot of it is just that; junk. I realize as humans we are strange, curious creatures. When we get bored with our mundane repetitive tasks we think "is this all there is to life? there has to be something more exciting." So conspiracies are created, and people convince themselves they are living in some kind of nefarious movie. The key to life is to find things you enjoy doing. Change up your schedule a little bit. Even if it's something little like taking a different way to work, or starting a new hobby in your free time. It really clears your mind and allows you to go back to thinking rationally. I'm glad you understand exactly what I'm saying.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Oh gosh yes - the part about dreams seeming to be where I belong, all of it, except I am very, very happy. I find a lot of joy in life and laugh often.

The other day I went shopping and I swear for a bit I thought I was in a different dimension. Everything seemed so bizarre, really even creepy. The people I came into contact with, I looked into their eyes, and I could not connect with anything there- it was like they didn't have that spark of life that should have been there. It was creepy. All I saw was boredom and misery.
edit on 21-5-2012 by hadriana because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Hang in there. You can bring that "resonating to a higher frequency" into your everyday life, in steps and stages. If you don't already, I recommend meditation or some other form of focused relaxation and connection.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by luminosity

I've seen similar posts on other sites.
starseeds.net and spirithouse healing
I'm not a member on those because I don't necessarily agree with everything
Some theorize that these "lightworkers" are raising the vibrational rate for everyone
There's threads on symptoms of awakening. Whatever I didn't know how to do the link.

I've been sleeping fine. No drain.
But I've been avoiding people.
It seems like other people are out of sorts.
So i just keep people around me I'm comfortable with.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Do any of you think it's possible that's were all kinda like half awake,enough to realize we arent fully awake ,but enough to see that everyone else seems to be in a deep long slumber, in a twilight so to speak?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join