It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Very Strange! Thoughts?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   
So I decided to take my family to the park yesterday, it is a nice park in a nice suburb of Las Vegas. I figured we could make a day of it and take our shade canopy and our loungers. My wife and I were just going to relax while my boys played in the water park area. We are having a good time, there are quite a few people playing, celebrating a birthday, normal stuff that people do at parks. Out of nowhere we see from the parking area approximately 30-40 people lined up with blind folds on. They seemed to be coming from one end of the parking lot to the next. Each group of people had approximately 8-10 people in it, and each group had someone directing where they were going. What was especially strange was that every single person looked uncomfortable, nobody was smiling or happy go lucky. Further the mix of people is what really stood out, some were really old like they had been taken from a nursing home, some were young hip hop types, some looked like they were dressed like they had been clubbing all night it was the oddest mix of people especially for the area of town that this park is located. The whole scene had a bank robbery hostage feel to it the way that everyone was lined up and being led into the park.

At this point I am feeling very uneasy about the situation, it was very surreal feeling one of those things that you have to be there to appreciate. So all the people in the park are now noticing what was going on and starting to also seem concerned. The people directing the others, brought the blindfolded people into the main area of the park in a big circle. At this point my wife jokingly made the comment that it looked like they could be some kind of suicide cult that were doing some weird ritual, possibly because of the solar eclipse May 20th alien invasion nonsense! They are all in a circle now and they all raise their arms above their heads and start chanting something, which we cannot hear. At this point the whole park (100-150 people) stopped what they were doing, the kids that were running around playing stopped, the water jets in the park stopped, I swear even the birds stopped singing and all eyes were on this group of people. You should have heard how quiet it got in the park for about 5-10 seconds, then the people took off their blindfolds and began talking to one another. Once we saw that they were looking a little more at ease we also felt better about the situation.

So just as we thought that was the end of it my wife had gotten up to go get the kids to leave, and she see's one of the people with the group that is crying and talking to another person in the group. We just felt really uneasy about everything that had gone down, not to mention we thought it was totally rude for those people to come to a family park and basically crash it with whatever it was that they were doing.

So, does anybody have any idea what the hell that was all about, cause I sure don't? I don't know if that was some kind of social experiment or what, all I know is it gave me the heebie geebies and I wanted to get the hell out of there!

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by jaws1975

My first though would have been family of or people who are blind or going blind, being taught what to expect and what it will be like for their loved one/or themselves. I know there are such schools and they do take people to public places and even have them remain blindfolded for a week or more.

Since this was very public i doubt it was sinister.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Soudns like a demonstration or social protest of some sort.

Sure that wasn't it?

Otherwise, freaky people exist everywhere and you should be glad that you get them all done in one big dose, ans opposed to one at a time over a long period lol

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

I think sinister publicity would have more of an effect on the public than the usual "conspiracies".

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   
As far as it being sinister, I doubt it. It could have been any number of things. It could have been some kind of cult releasing what they would call positive energy. It could have been some kind of a school or training as the previous poster said.

A bit unnerving? I'm sure it was for those who witnessed it. However, I seriously doubt that there is much more to it than what has been suggested.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Sounds like one of those things performing arts groups put on at random times and in random places to just see what the reception is and get people talking.

We recently had an 'immovable' block placed in the middle of one of the streets in the town centre, no one owned up to it at first but it was a social experiment to see what people would think/do. There were comments from the mainly idiotic of the community saying it was idiotic and not art at all but a nuisance but it got people thinking and talking so in my opinion it was a success.

maybe this is something along those lines and these people are amateur actors of some kind performing a stunt, after all, as you say, it was rather busy (150 people)?

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

Sounds plausible, except for the circling, arms in the air, chanting that they were doing.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Congratulations you have witnessed a Flashmob event.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by H1ght3chHippie

That seems likely. A pointless event, but strange nonetheless.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by ThorsBrother

Good point, my wife and I talked about it for an hour and a half when we got home just trying to make sense of it. On the other hand though in this day and age I'm surprised nobody called the cops as it was very disruptive and could have been misconstrued for something more serious.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by jaws1975

Given that it was a Sunday, I am thinking it was a religious church/cult gathering--with maybe some type of ritual or initiation associated with it.

The area wasn't Henderson was it?

The reason I ask is because some of the LDS-fringe groups are known to be correlated with Utah, of course, but certain parts of Nevada outskirts. I know someone who was involved with one of those groups in Henderson...

I am so nosy I would have probably have asked them what their deal was before I left...but that's just me...

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by H1ght3chHippie

I said that to my wife, but she was like no all they do is sing, haha! That is most likely it, flashmobs are probably reinventing themselves into weird stuff like this. But where the hell did they get the old people, they seriously looked like they would have no clue what a flashmob is.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by BurningSpearess

In Summerlin, Ya I kicked myself for not approaching one of them to ask what that was all about. I was just uncomfortable at the time and just wanted to get my kids out of there.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Sounds like a Trance Dance experience:

About trance dance

It is often done blindfolded. It sounds as if a local ashram, yoga studio, or spiritualist center had a Trance Dance session in the park while you were there.

Here's a video of it, you can see at 2:30-ish they put on blindfolds and start doing the dance.

edit on 21-5-2012 by OuttaHere because: added vid

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by OuttaHere

Thanks for that, looks very similar just without the music and dancing.

new topics

top topics

join