It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ALERT! My posts don't recieve enough stars, flags, or applause

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by The_Phantom
You could spam the 'post a funny picture thread' that's how some of the top posters became top posters.

You're welcome.

Curse you, you figured us out.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 07:48 AM
link   
You do understand, statements like this will completely turn people off. No matter how amazing your posts are, no one likes hearing someone cry "look at me, look at me" I'll look in to how we can roll out a digital red carpet for you

Puff Daddy never even had the balls to demand this much attention

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by rival

This made my morning that much better

Thank you, you egomaniacal maniac

edit on 22-5-2012 by Bigfoot12714 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by southbayca
You do understand, statements like this will completely turn people off. No matter how amazing your posts are, no one likes hearing someone cry "look at me, look at me" I'll look in to how we can roll out a digital red carpet for you

Puff Daddy never even had the balls to demand this much attention

ummm.... he posted it in the joke thread, did you actually read the original post? It was pretty funny!
Here's the red carpet for him! @_____________

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   
I think I'm going to add him as a rival just because his name is rival, then he can be my rival-rival!

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by PurpleChiten

Yes, please add me as one of your "rivals"....and I will add you as one of my "friends",

And it was very astute of you to recognize that this thread was accidentally posted to the joke forum,,,,now
perhaps you can begin to see the type of prejudice and jealousy I was talking about, as I had asked
the "mods" (over twelve hours ago) to move this thread into the "Really Important Conspiracies" forum
and still they have taken no action....

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by rival

Yes, please add me as one of your "rivals"....and I will add you as one of my "friends",

And it was very astute of you to recognize that this thread was accidentally posted to the joke forum,,,,now
perhaps you can begin to see the type of prejudice and jealousy I was talking about, as I had asked
the "mods" (over twelve hours ago) to move this thread into the "Really Important Conspiracies" forum
and still they have taken no action....

Yeah, that's really not very nice of them, they should have moved it hours ago because it's pretty darn important!!! Let's revolt!! S P A R T A C U S ! ! ! oh wait, did I spell that right? Do we have to say his name three times for him to appear? Let's concentrate really hard and I kn...SQUIRREL!!!

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   
This is not funny and should be removed from the 'Jokes' forum. This is a very serious social issue and one of the greatest injustices in the history of the interwebs.

I can relate because I too have been unjustly conspired against by most of the internet. They seek to discredit my posting talent, particularly on ATS. They just don't understand that my words are like gold-plated diapers.

In every culture, there are those like me and the OP that must bear the heavy burden of being the super-bestest. We must accept inadequate responses to our brilliance, the proverbial slings and arrows of absent flags, stars, and applause that in a fair world would be righteously put forth for our powerful vernacular.

I will always be sad-frown-hurt over this.

I just realized that although the OP is hilarious satire, by far the funniest thing about this thread is the responses from the people that don't get it. It's like artwork that is building on itself, ironic and beautiful.

edit on 22-5-2012 by InTheFlesh1980 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Germanicus
Ha! I know how you feel
Actualy when I saw this title I had to check it out because I was for certain YOU were the OP

Once I read the posts deep rich syntax and flowing logic, well....... I knew better

The dolphin team say hi!
The Manatees are stil being a pain

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by InTheFlesh1980
This is not funny and should be removed from the 'Jokes' forum. This is a very serious social issue and one of the greatest injustices in the history of the interwebs.

I can relate because I too have been unjustly conspired against by most of the internet. They seek to discredit my posting talent, particularly on ATS. They just don't understand that my words are like gold-plated diapers.

In every culture, there are those like me and the OP that must bear the heavy burden of being the super-bestest. We must accept inadequate responses to our brilliance, the proverbial slings and arrows of absent flags, stars, and applause that in a fair world would be righteously put forth for our powerful vernacular.

I will always be sad-frown-hurt over this.

Hear Hear!!
or is it Here Here!! ??
oh well...
There, there...
soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur, happy kitty, sleepy kitty, purr, purr, purr
See, much better now!

::mumbling:: darn interwebz messin with people and makin life hard... dagnabbit

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   

It must be really funny, considering you have posted on it 4 times this morning. Maybe you are just the same person with 2 accounts. Quality over Quantity. It can work wonders

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   
If you want more attention to your threads, maybe you could try something like this:

As you can see, it does not really require much content.

Please be sure to confuse "imminent" and "eminent", as it will result in 20 percent more stars and flags.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   

It must be really funny, considering you have posted on it 4 times this morning. Maybe you are just the same person with 2 accounts. Quality over Quantity. It can work wonders

I think it's hillarious!! Nope, not the same person

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Actually, PurpleChiten and I are the same person along with Rival, but none of us know it.

It's the biggest conspiracy on this site, one so vast and far-reaching that even we don't understand how the conspiracy has conspired so effectively.

And we always wondered why we have the same favorite flavor of ice cream.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by InTheFlesh1980

Actually, PurpleChiten and I are the same person along with Rival, but none of us know it.

It's the biggest conspiracy on this site, one so vast and far-reaching that even we don't understand how the conspiracy has conspired so effectively.

And we always wondered why we have the same favorite flavor of ice cream.

DEWD!! You ...errr...I....umm WE weren't supposed to tell!!
Dagnabbit, now I have to do another time jump and clean up this mess, shew, those things take a lot out of me...errr...you...ummm US.
::mumbling again:; dang cloning....

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   
What excites me about the response to the Montreal Martial Law Bill 78 by the "Quebecians" is
also what saddens me for all the people here in the US who seem lack-a-day-si-cal (sorry I
couldn't find the correct spelling of this word so I just sounded it out fahnetically)

I mean, we have all the guns for protection, and you'd think we'd be all Rambo-like against these
laws which say we can't assemble here, or you need a permit there, but we just sit and eat Cheetos
watch TV and, yea right, sometimes we go protest and get tear-gased and stuff....but it's like we don't
even know what a clue is or something....OR WHERE to by one if you know what I mean '
'

I hope you can see the importance of what I'm saying as I don't have enough time to post more
because I am currently engaged in responding in another thread...

ps...sorry for so many edits..I wanted this post to be perfect

edit on 22-5-2012 by rival because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by FissionSurplus
reply to post by Rising Against

I agree with you,. Receiving an applause, even though it is done through a U2U and isn't shown, is really nice to get. It rewards the writer and sets the bar for good content.

Every one I have gotten has made me feel, in my own small way, proud of myself.

It's as if a mod singles you out, pats you on the head and says, "Good job, Kiddo!"....And even though only you and the mod know about it, it's still a nice validation.

Are we in frikkin' school? You want a star on your paper? Well NO! I have the box of stars and they're mine! HAHAHAHAHA! (Think i'll get starred for this?)

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by rival

Here's the problem, Rival, when people come on here and show signs of intelligence, or even genius, they have to be held to higher standards. Apparently, you consider yourself in that select group, so I'm going to believe you.

And any so-called genius that can't spell RECEIVE correctly doesn't deserve such rewards. So, come on, give all those stars and flags back.

Now. Right now.

We're waiting.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj
reply to post by rival

Here's the problem, Rival, when people come on here and show signs of intelligence, or even genius, they have to be held to higher standards. Apparently, you consider yourself in that select group, so I'm going to believe you.

And any so-called genius that can't spell RECEIVE correctly doesn't deserve such rewards. So, come on, give all those stars and flags back.

Now. Right now.

We're waiting.

see, when I spell stuff wrong, I do it on porpoise to see if people are paying attention or not

every single thyme you see me spell something wrong, that's why I did it

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj
reply to post by rival

Now. Right now.

We're waiting.

I have never ONCE claimed in this thread that I am a so-called genius.

The ONLY time that EVER happened I was at the Mensa testing facility (and I was justified) because
(as I pointed out) my number two pencil-lead had broken off "mid-test" and also, I had accidentally
spilled orange juice on the test booklet making it hard to read.

I believe I made a very strong argument as to how those two things happening to anyone could have
easily skewed the test results to reflect that their IQ was 26 points below what was required for
admission, BUT NO, the lady wanted to argue...

I don't consider it MY FAULT that she was clearly wrong, and I still resent the six months of
anger management (and the pepper-spraying) that I was subjected to as a result of
that fiasco...WHICH SHE CAUSED!

As for the spelling error, I take no responsibility, it was actually my assistant who typed up
the headline of my post. But thanks for bringing it to my attention, I assure you I will take the
proper steps make sure it doesn't happen again.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join