It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ALERT! My posts don't recieve enough stars, flags, or applause

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   
In recent days it has come to my attention that my posts and threads are not receiving the expected
amount of praise or attention that one would normally expect for posts with such easily identifiable
importance, intelligence, and insight

Further, while not receiving said attention, my posts and threads have been repeatedly "challenged"
by posters of small minds and ill-repute by making arguments against them containing such inane
statements as:

"....you're posting in the wrong thread you idiot! This is a thread about ghosts, not the JFK assassination".....or

"....do you have a monkey do your typing for you because I can't make any sense out of that last post?"....or

"....your facts are completely wrong"......and

"....if you're gonna be a troll, could you at least do the decent thing and learn how to spell?"

Now while the majority of ATS posters can be absolved from guilt by their obvious "low" intelligence
it would be hard to imagine that this site could be run by moderators with such similar "low" intelligence,
but as I will point out, this certainly appears to be the case.

"The amazing arithmetic of the applause to posts ratio..."

After having authored over 850 posts, my TOTAL number of "applauses" is only "6".
This number is ~extremely~ low over what would be expected, and not only points to
a conspiracy against me by moderators (jealous of my posting talent) but is such a
slanderously low estimation of my obvious talent as to be legally actionable...

This state of affairs has angered me so greatly that I have made the sad
decision to attenuate
my intelligence and insight from future postings at a diminished rate of 50%, until such time as
my posts and threads are esteemed and regaled for their TRUE worth by regular ATS members
AND moderators...

Thank you, and I hope you all can understand my concerns and respond accordingly

edit on 21-5-2012 by rival because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Ha! I know how you feel

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Not all of us can be Phages.

6 applauses with 850 posts is pretty good compared to me.
The mods must like you more.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by rival

You're posting this in the wrong thread. Plus you didn't provide any sources, so I have to question the accuracy.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   

After having authored over 850 posts, my TOTAL number of "applauses" is only "6".

the applause system dont mean anything
i have see banned new member with only a few posts that have more applause then you

i have been on ATS for a while now .. my applause number is still at zero

maybe i dont diserve them lol i dont know after 3 yrs dont really care anymore

the applause are so rare that it has become a myth
i think only a few mods do it for a few members of their choice but thats it

the applause system is clearly unbalanced compare to the flag and stars
SO will maybe review it in the futur or simply remove it
edit on 5/21/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by rival

You poor poor member....

Make better threads and post with more info and research into your work.

BTW, who cares???? Do you wanna be a S&F&A nazi??

Good luck with obtaining sympathy, I have none for you

600 posts, and I have two Appl. for the hard work and emotion into the two threads I cared about.

More love I say. I guess I could star and flag you on this thread if its makes you feel better?

edit on 21-5-2012 by AK907ICECOLD because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by rival

What a depressing feeling I am now filled with after having read your concise and accurate post with regard to the awesomeness of your posting powers. In fact, the only thing keeping me from committing suicide right now is the faint hope that I may improve with age, like a fine wine.

I hope you get flowers delivered to your door, obviously only real roses with a real smell will do, none of that "flown in from Zimbabwe" cheapo junk.

ETA Wonderfully written and witty post with a little tip of the hat to us S n F lovers who fail (me) so bad at making threads.

reply to post by AK907ICECOLD

You did notice this is in the jokes section right?

edit on 21/5/12 by LightSpeedDriver because: Replied to previous poster

edit on 21/5/12 by LightSpeedDriver because: ETA

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by LightSpeedDriver
reply to post by rival

What a depressing feeling I am now filled with after having read your concise and accurate post with regard to the awesomeness of your posting powers. In fact, the only thing keeping me from committing suicide right now is the faint hope that I may improve with age, like a fine wine.

I hope you get flowers delivered to your door, obviously only real roses with a real smell will do, none of that "flown in from Zimbabwe" cheapo junk.

ETA Wonderfully written and witty post with a little tip of the hat to us S n F lovers who fail (me) so bad at making threads.

reply to post by AK907ICECOLD

You did notice this is in the jokes section right? :@

Oh my god, thank you....I just noticed that my thread inexplicably posted to the "Jokes Forum"

Mods please, if you will, have the deceny to move this thread into the "Important Conspiracies" forum.

Thank you....

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ben81

Yah, it means nothing. I mean look at the number of posts I have, and I only have 3 applauses. Sheesh, I'm like the supreme master of thread writing, I should have more than that.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Oh boy.....the irony in it all, it's killing me laughing here.
Authoring a thread about your posts not being taken serious, and then posting it to the "Jokes, Puns & Pranks!" Forum..... PRICELESS!!

(PS - just having a little fun. We all have our moments)
edit on 21-5-2012 by TortoiseKweek because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChaoticOrder

Yah, it means nothing. I mean look at the number of posts I have, and I only have 3 applauses. Sheesh, I'm like the supreme master of thread writing, I should have more than that.

The day i will receive an applause
i will say : No thank you

Its like seeing all my friend having some strange delicious cookies
and still dont get one .. after a while you rebel against the cookie
and you dont want it anymore

edit on 5/21/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   
LOL! S & F from me because I'm feeling generous.

Seriously, it is a mystery to me what gets stars, flags and applause, and what doesn't. Some threads I have written seem to me to be the very zenith of quality, and get zilch. Zippo. Nada. The big Goose Egg.

Other posts I have written late at night while gakked out on Ambien, and I don't even remember what I wrote, yet the next day, stars, and applause from generous mods.

Maybe dialing down your brilliance by 50% isn't the answer. Perhaps if you visited your friendly neighborhood physician and rode the pharmaceutical train to Happy Land like many of the members seem to be on past 10 o'clock at night, and let fly the muses via your keyboard, you would find yourself the recipient of virtual pats on the back. Don't deprive us of your obvious brilliance and intellect!

PS. I will remember this post, it's only 5:20 in the afternoon. If it was after 10.....fuggetaboutit!

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Haha, you're a genius! I give mine back, take them from me all powerful ATS overseers!! I relinquish my applauds... no wait, take them and give them to Ben81, he clearly wants some of those delicious cookies.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by FissionSurplus

fuggetaboutit!

LOL

my new favorite word

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Haha, you're a genius! I give mine back, take them from me all powerful ATS overseers!! I relinquish my applauds... no wait, take them and give them to Ben81, he clearly wants some of those delicious cookies.

Dont want your old dirty cookies

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by FissionSurplus

Perhaps if you visited your friendly neighborhood physician and rode the pharmaceutical train to Happy Land like many of the members seem to be on past 10 o'clock at night, and let fly the muses via your keyboard, you would find yourself the recipient of virtual pats on the back.

OMG... that is the funniest thing I've ever read... coz it's SOOO true.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by rival

S@F, I think its near impossible to get an applause for making a good or popular thread. Moderators only seem to give them out to a certain amount of people they like. I myself only have 1 but I haven't really been here that long either..

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   
I suppose you want a Star & Flag for this too?

Pffffft...

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

Oh come on you know you want those cookies!

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   
I don't even know what applause's are.

Stars and flags are given when due, there from us users. But I do agree that a fair good bit of information does go unnoticed by the people who skim through the posts looking for the best responses (stars) But hey, them people dont deserve your point of view or what ever your offering if they aren't even willing to read it without somebody else saying it worthy of reading.

Theres also the possibility that your not online when most of the user base is online, so you may miss allot of traffic which could be directed to your thread if you was on at peak time.

I made a thread about a 7/7 bomber who I went to school with saying that he was an extremist, but yet not many people we're interested. Maybe if Id'a said he wasnt an extremist I would of got more of a response.

The time you post your thread pretty much determines whether or not its going to get lost in the heap of US Political Madness, 2012 US Elections or whether it gets the interest it deserves.

Trolls and Junk msn subjects a rife atm

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join