It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Settlers filmed shooting at Palestinian protesters‎

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Peruvianmonk
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Are you aware that the Israeli settlers (many of whom come from abroad, US/France) encouraged by successive Israeli administrations, are living on, as confirmed by international law through UN Security Council resolutions, occupied Palestinian land?

Their right to self-defence does not apply, they should not be there. They are not civilians.

Whose land it is, is debateable, especially when jewish artifacts pre-dating the destruction of the second temple at the hands of Titus' soldiers in 70 A.D. start turning up all over archeaological digs in the West Bank and underneath the Temple Mount itself in the debris from the destruction of said second Temple. Not to mention "Palestine" never existed until Hadrian Caesar renamed Israel into Syriac Palestina after the 2 failed jewish revolts, and ploughed under the temple mount to punish the jewish rebels before they were killed or enslaved.

In case you're looking to use my location and pull the "give the U.S. back to the Native Americans" comment, i'm decended from Cherokee Nation, whats done is done and crying about what happened 200 years ago won't undo it, especially when you're powerless to do anything but move on with life.

Violence begets violence. The cycle will never end until someone stops and steps outside the cycle. Do i agree with them just taking the land? No, what they should have done is annex the West Bank and then give palestinians citizenship in Israel. The real Israel was intended by God to be a home to all nations under Yeshua

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 08:10 AM
link   

I am quite frankly not interested who was there in 70 A.D. There were peoples living there before that date. It doesn't matter when something was called Palestine or who revolted against who.

What is of importance is that from 1947-49, 750,000 Palestinians were forced to flew THEIR homes. The near past and today is what matters to the serious people in Israel/Palestine interested in peace or war.

In case you're looking to use my location and pull the "give the U.S. back to the Native Americans" comment, i'm decended from Cherokee Nation, whats done is done and crying about what happened 200 years ago won't undo it, especially when you're powerless to do anything but move on with life.

The difference today, between the Native American situation and the Palestinian situation is there has been no solution to the later. Sure the Native American descendants, from what I have read, suffer from a great deal of structural and symbolic violence, but they have land marked out for them and a place as a citizen within the United States. They are acknowledged.

The Palestinians have no resolution to their situation 60 years after they were ethnically cleansed from their land and homes. They still have no fully formed state in the West Bank/Gaza. They are still at the whim of the IDF and Israeli government on where they can travel, work, live or even stay alive for that matter.

No, what they should have done is annex the West Bank and then give palestinians citizenship in Israel. The real Israel was intended by God to be a home to all nations under Yeshua

The one state solution you mention here maybe the only way forward, as successive Israeli administrations has made it their business to put "facts on the ground" in the West Bank and Gaza. This would see the end of the majority Jewish nation and unless the Palestinians in the West Bank and Gaza were given citizenship and a chance to vote and live a normal life it will be a One State apartheid outcome.

As for your reference to God/Yeshua, well to say that it is of no relevance and no help what so ever is an understatement.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   

link   

link   

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Peruvianmonk

Are you aware that the Israeli settlers (many of whom come from abroad, US/France) encouraged by successive Israeli administrations, are living on, as confirmed by international law through UN Security Council resolutions, occupied Palestinian land?

Their right to self-defence does not apply, they should not be there. They are not civilians.

Self defense applies to anyone who someone else is actively trying to murder.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   

You have concluded that the Palestinians in this video were trying to 'murder' the armed settlers with stones from dozens of meters away? Settlers approaching armed to the teeth having set fire to Palestinian land? You would not get that through any fair court in the world. I mean aiming and firing at one of these Palestinians heads is just fine though?

If you are encouraged by the government to settle on occupied land, that is recognised as illegal by international law, and arm yourselves to prevent any attempt at pushing you out and steal the land and resources from the people that you occupy, you are not a civilian you are part of an occupying army.

It is set down in international law that you have a right to repulse an invader from your land.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Double post.
edit on 28-5-2012 by Peruvianmonk because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Peruvianmonk

You have concluded that the Palestinians in this video were trying to 'murder' the armed settlers with stones from dozens of meters away? Settlers approaching armed to the teeth having set fire to Palestinian land? You would not get that through any fair court in the world. I mean aiming and firing at one of these Palestinians heads is just fine though?

Watch the ancient discoveries video.

One rock from a sling can kill you easily, oftentimes instantly. As for having land taken, my ancestors had their land taken by the white people, what makes palestinians more exceptional? The world is not fair, it is brutal and unforgiving and unmerciful.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 03:38 AM
link   

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 05:05 AM
link   

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 05:20 AM
link   

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 05:41 AM
link   

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 05:53 AM
link   

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 06:17 AM
link   

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 07:44 AM
link   

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   

+3 more 
posted on May, 29 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Most of my fathers family is Jewish and we are ashamed of israel! Disgusting he they take the land from those people and turn em into bad guys. Kinda reminds me of what Americans did to us natives

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join