page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
+31 more 
posted on May, 21 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Settlers filmed shooting at Palestinian protesters‎

www.bbc.co.uk

An Israeli human rights group has released a video that appears to show Israeli soldiers standing by while Jewish settlers open fire on stone-throwing Palestinian protesters in the West Bank, wounding one of them, reports the BBC's Rupert Wingfield Hayes.

It is the sort of incident that we often hear about, but almost never get to see. This time, thanks to B'Tselem, we have graphic video evidence of what happened.

(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
english.alarabiya.net
alethonews.wordpress.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink">https:
english.alarabiya.net
www.timesofisrael.com

afp.google.com...
edit on 21-5-2012 by gambon because: (no reason given)

+24 more 
posted on May, 21 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   
bet selem ...."Over the past year, settlers from Yitzhar and the surrounding area have sharply stepped up violent acts in nearby Palestinian villages. The attacks include throwing stones at passing cars, physically attacking farmers, burning down crops, and stealing livestock. On 14 Sept., after a Palestinian stabbed a Jewish boy and burnt down a caravan in the Shalhevet Yam settlement near Yitzhar, dozens of settlers raided the village of ‘Asira al-Qibliya. They threw stones, fired into the air, broke windows, drew Stars of David on walls of homes and widely damaged property. Testimonies given to B’Tselem indicate that soldiers were present at the time, yet did nothing to prevent the settlers' actions, and fired at the Palestinians."

A 24 year-old Palestinian was hit in the head from a live round of bullets Saturday in the village of Asira al-Qibliya. B’Tselem footage of the event shows the settlers shooting at the young man, and Israeli soldiers standing by them – doing nothing to prevent it.

www.btselem.org...

raw footage..www.youtube.com...

Unedited footage here.Of an attack last year on same village

www.youtube.com...

www.facebook.com...

I have mentioned bet selem before on ats and thought I should bring this footage to here, I did a search and did not find it already posted ,It seems to me using m16 to shoot rock weilding teens is overkill, esp as those wielding the m16 are the trespassers on others land?and appear to be burning the grazing.

palsolidarity.org...

www.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

+23 more 
posted on May, 21 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Did US news networks show this yet or is it just foreign networks? Guess the USA gives money to israel to kill people and then when we see retaliation and protestors that is what Fox News will show. I wonder why they chant 'death to america' or 'death to israel'

+24 more 
posted on May, 22 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by gambon

Stop making posts criticizing the chosen people, you racist anti-semitic bigot.

edit on 22-5-2012 by sk0rpi0n because: gramer

+22 more 
posted on May, 22 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by sk0rpi0n
reply to post by gambon

well said,
sadly the americans (almost all) live under the pretense of an invisible being and other crap
so for that will support this rubbish

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Wow, some serious ignorance in here. Bet you didn't know that they were using slings, not just throwing rocks, and in case you didn't know, the bullet from a sling is enough to kill a man if it hits him in the throat or head. Settlers were defending themselves.

Laugh all you want, a slinger's bullet would break open your skull and you would die from brain hemorrhaging. Those palestinian protesters were trying to kill them and in hopes no one would know what that ancient weapon can do. Slings are accurate up to 220 yards. Thats the length of 2 football fields+ 20 more yards.
edit on 22-5-2012 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

+20 more 
posted on May, 22 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Whatever happened to "love thy neighbor", "thou shalt not kill" and "do unto others as you would have them do unto you"??? It makes me so sad that these people fight over a piece of land oftentimes to the death. There is so much uninhabited land on this earth, and this is the piece they simply must have? I understand that it has a lot of religious significance, but would these things not be better preserved if both sides worked together to maintain the relics? On one hand the solution seems so simple, but I know there is a lot of emotion and history involved here. There's simply no easy solution. When two groups are raised from childhood to hate each other, it's hard to open their eyes to anything else.

In my opinion it is not good to interfere between these two groups. They need to be left to their own devices. No support or offense should be given, they should duke it out on their own. Our involvement only prolongs the inevitable. Not only does it endanger them, it endangers us too. It's probably easier said than done, but how much longer do we need to see this kind of thing??? It's an endless battle.
edit on 22-5-2012 by 2manyquestions because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 12:23 AM
link   
post removed for serious violation of ATS Terms & Conditions

+22 more 
posted on May, 24 2012 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by sk0rpi0n
reply to post by gambon

Seriously.... Are you that ignorant? "Chosen"? You are as damp in your head ad the leaders of your homeland. Thankfully I know the majority of jews are not as #ed up as you and a share a common sense of humanity... Something that netanyahu completely lacks.
Did you also notice that the OP link talks about JEWISH human rigts activists? Ie... Jews reporting militant jews... Or we can just call them zionists.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 03:09 AM
link   

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 06:49 AM
link   

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 07:19 AM
link   

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by gambon

Two things:

1) I see brownish people throwing stones at brownish people with rifles. The videos are pretty small, so explain to me how you tell who is "Palestinian" and who is Israeli. I'm not trying to be a jerk here, I really can't tell.

2) The rock throwers started sending their small children into the line of fire. Assuming the rock throwers are "Palestinians", why is it again that people are on their side? What kind of person sends their children as meat shields?

/TOA

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   

+11 more 
posted on May, 24 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Are you aware that the Israeli settlers (many of whom come from abroad, US/France) encouraged by successive Israeli administrations, are living on, as confirmed by international law through UN Security Council resolutions, occupied Palestinian land?

Their right to self-defence does not apply, they should not be there. They are not civilians.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join