It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is My Generation (Generation Z(Kids born in the 1990s and 2000s)) the hope for the future?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Is Generation Z the hope?

As A Generation Z dude people say I am the hope for the future.

I mean everywhere I go many of the people from the past generations from the Baby Boomers to Generation Y believed that we will be the hope of the future. But how? I mean many of the kids I know are too self centered and materialistic and plus cared nothing about what's going on except Kardashians and Ipods. We have way too much teen pregancy and drop out rates. In addition they are very undereducated due to poor education systems and plus they are going to be in more debt after college.

And we will suffer more when the whole economy starts crashing down we will be the ones experiencing the riots and the fall of the American Empire.

What is the advice from past Generations to my Generation

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Actually if your generation ever comes to power, we're doomed... unless you get hold of some cheat codes and a way to nerf life.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Outofcontrol

Sadly your right I believe the Generation after us would have to take over if they do not fall into the same trap as us

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Not the 1990s generation but the 2000 generation will be the hope for the future. Those are the children that need the most protection, to be honest.

The 60s and 70s born were supposed to pave the way for change for the 80s, but they failed that mission, and a large majority of the 80s and 90s got caught in the corruption of this world.. most falling into the trap of narcissism, and the temptation of the spotlight.

The 2K generation will help change this world, with the the help, protection and guidance of a few 80s, and 70s born who managed to evade corruption of the mind and spirit.

edit on 21-5-2012 by Q2IN2Y because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Q2IN2Y

Sadly I lost faith with the 2000 gen too they are following what the 90s kids did I believe the hope would be the ones in the 2020s in the aftermath of the economic collapse

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   
bah.. until we die the future will be in all our hands.
too many people seem defeated and act like great change is impossible to achieve within one generation..
wake up people and quit listening to others who are too lazy to take responsibility.

b

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by starwarsisreal

I seriously doubt it. I've never spoke to more morons and idiots from a group of people born in just a couple decades than the 90's and 2000's. Those kids have no common sense, no patience, and definitely no manners. Oh did I mention a warped sense of what's important as well. We're screwed. Have you seen Idiocracy?

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   
I doubt it. I mean my youngest born in 2005 doesnt want to be president, a Dr, an astronaut.. nope, none of these lofty aspirations. She wants to be a "toy player" ( her exact words were " I wanna be a toy playerrrrrr!!!!" when asked what she wanted to be) when she grows up. I hope this changes, but as of now I weep for the future and hope I just die in my sleep rather than count on my youngest to choose my nursing home....

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   
There is always hope for the future...
and youth have always been given a hard wrap, each generation forgets about how our own oldies didn't have much faith in us either.

Part of the ol' tar 'em all with the same brush syndrome.

It's effective because it widens the generation gap, and creates a fertile environ for age-related misunderstanding.
Our children no longer trust us because we have handed over a lot of our own responsibilities as parents to 'the state'... and we put them down and write them off as a lost cause when a minority of them stuff up.

Anyway, it's a complex issue and I don't have any answers,
I personally haven't met many young people I can say have impressed me very much,
but there is always Hope.

Wag.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   
YES. You're the hope of the future, AND the present. I know you all have a lot going against you -- economy sucks (no matter where you are), politicians and people with iron are ruling the world (no matter where you are).

We have faith in you. We, the olde phart brigage, can only defend our own turf, so we can't help you. You have to tweak the processes, shift the paradigms, make us all less cynical, make us not watch the world vicariously.

You have to engage each other, and maybe in the process, it will engage of few of us with a strand of iron also. The oldsters are not so bad; most of them want to LIVE, and do so on their own terms, which, coincidentally, is what you apparently want -- what everyone wants.

Many of the younger generation aren't as skilled in survival skills as some of us olde pharts, but that doesn't matter as much lately. Why? Because you are the new movers and shakers. You are the Great Multicultural Hope, and we just hope you let us live. We've done a crappy job of laying the foundations. We had dreams once, but then life intruded. We hope you do better than us.

No pressure.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   

I hope we have some other hope, otherwise, we're doomed!

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 06:04 AM
link   
We are the generation that taught our parents how to use computers. We grew up with by far the worst period in music history 1990-present and that was the past generations fault. We grew up with insanely high divorce rates which is our parents faults. Even the oldest haven't been out of college for more than a year. You will definitely start seeing our impact in the future.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Reggae
We are the generation that taught our parents how to use computers. We grew up with by far the worst period in music history 1990-present and that was the past generations fault. We grew up with insanely high divorce rates which is our parents faults. Even the oldest haven't been out of college for more than a year. You will definitely start seeing our impact in the future.

Umm, those computers you claim to have taught your parents to use weren't just hanging around. Your parents generation designed, built and wrote the software for them (Perhaps your parents were just humoring you).

Your choice in music was your choice, not your parents.

Your choice in life partners and emotional stability was your choice, not your parents.

You are the reason you are the way you are.

Don't crybaby that it's the fault of everyone else.

edit on 22/5/2012 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Ofcourse you are the hope for the future, you are the future. And don't worry, every generation has their hang ups that are as if not more embarrissing than obession with ipods and sudo-stars. Ya'll will grow out of it. Every generation does, and accomplishes great things. It comes with the wisdom of time.
No need to hurry, as that's not really something you can force. Enjoy the life for what it is, but be ready to take the reigns when the time is right.
We all wish you luck, and know you can do it.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by chr0naut

Umm, those computers you claim to have taught your parents to use weren't just hanging around. Your parents generation designed, built and wrote the software for them (Perhaps your parents were just humoring you).

Your choice in music was your choice, not your parents.

Your choice in life partners and emotional stability was your choice, not your parents.

You are the reason you are the way you are.

Don't crybaby that it's the fault of everyone else.

edit on 22/5/2012 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

I understand that a very small group of people designed, built, and wrote the software for computers. However very large group of kids from my generation taught our parents how to use them.

I know our choice in music was our choice however the past generation where the ones making and promoting it, and they didn't give us many good options.

I didn't know I would have to explain this any further, but we grew up as the children of a time when there was/is insanely high divorce rates. We couldn't have chosen our parents life partners.

Call me a crybaby all you want, but I am only defending my generation. Because most of us are still under our parents care, you can blame a lot of our negative attitudes and interests on poor parenting and exposure to negative influences from the heartless people in power.

join