It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My most intent attempt at astral projection last night.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   
No, I didn't fully project.
I didn't really enter another realm, either. (Well, from as far as I can tell)
But I'm inexperienced and learning, so I can easily tell when I make advancements. I was using isochronic tones, and it definitely helped.

Last night was my first actual connection to something "else".

My body finally was relaxed and I knew it had fallen asleep, I saw a black, twisting void that consumed all of what I could see, and then it was gone. Afterward, there was a weak light. Not bright, but like a single, weak spotlight on a lone object. It was triangular, and the first thing I thought of was a pyramid. Only one side had lit up, and it wasn't very "light" if you're getting what I'm trying to say. The sudden and randomly occurring lighting of the object was enough for me to realize it's "3D" shape, but not enough for my conclusion to be definite. It wasn't always there, and it showed itself to me in different intervals. Nevertheless, it was gold in color. Why not tan or brown? Because it was reflective.

My little sister (deceased), father and I, have similar eyes, and we've been known for the emotion we're able to convey through them without actual words. I don't want to use the word "manipulative", but it's definitely been thrown around a lot in my life toward these people and myself.
Typical brown, but the shape is distinct from others.
After becoming used to the occasional "pyramid" shape, I saw for a split second, an eye.
One eye. I continued to watch. The "shape" continued to show itself every few "seconds".
I "stared" hard with as much intent to project as possible, suddenly two eyes were staring directly into mine. Normally, I would have been incredibly fearful. But they weren't unfamiliar. They were eyes from my bloodline, and I know it. They stared at me as if they were blocking me off from something. I wasn't able to reach any further into my experience. Like I said - they were blocking me. Just two eyes, absolutely nothing more.

Afterward, I took my earbuds out, and went to sleep normally.

It all happened within 30 minutes.

Don't ask if this was a dream.
It wasn't a dream, hahah.
I assure you of that.
No time was unaccounted for, and I can distinct very well.
I'm ready for the ingenious, redundant replies that insist they're correct.
You'll never be as connected to me as I am with myself, and therefore you couldn't debunk ANYTHING.
Take my experience, read it, and try your best to believe it.
Don't be so pathetic.
I'm not trying to get you to feed into anything - I have absolutely no interest in Ancient Egyptian conspiracies, pyramids, nothing like that.
This is only what I saw.
And it wasn't because I CHOSE to.

Anyway, thanks for reading if you do.
I didn't have anyone else to share this with.

Has anybody ever had any similar experiences?
I'm looking forward to your replies.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   
I think whenever I was really young I could astral project, but not now that I'm older. I used to wake in the night and "fall" back down onto my bed like I was floating almost like I was out of my body. I also used to swear I walked somewhere in the house in the middle of the night but I'd wake up where I was sleeping. Over the years, things like this went away entirely. I'd say the closest I've been to any experiences like that in years would be when I was under sleep paralysis and I freaked until I could move again because it was terrifying. >.<

Also: Don't you go running off to the Digital World now in your astral travels.
-Recognized your Diaboromon pic.-

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Interesting you mention eyes. Right before sleep last night when I'n in my "zone" Meaning having flashes of sights, sounds, colors, textures, voices, light and or dark shadows. (It varies,not all at once!
)

The input I was getting was mostly eyes. This was different than what I'm used to, so thats why I mention it.
I would be interested if anyone else had similar flashes relating to eyes?

PS I was also having a little difficulty keeping unpleasant "dark" images and shadows from being dominant. (no biggie I pushed them out with light imaging:up
The rest of "sleepy time" was fine, except I woke up still kind of tired.
edit on 21-5-2012 by grubblesnert because: added PS

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by grubblesnert

It's usually not eyes for me but sometimes when I'm in the "zone" I see a figure like flying out at me and it makes me jump and come back to being fully awake.
I'll lie there thinking "Why does that happen?!?! D: I'm just trying to go to sleep!"

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Myomistress

I know what you're meaning.
It seems almost inevitable as a child, doesn't it?
Nowadays, I'll recall experiences I had when I was younger, and realize that some of them may have been more like OBEs or AP.

I've been planning a trip there for ages.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Rathyas

You know, if it were actually a plain of existance, I wouldn't mind paying a visit either. I used to beg and beg for it to be real when I was little so that I could go and be a tamer.
I remember when I was about eight, I drew my own Digimon and everything and was begging for him to come to life kind of like Guilmon did. Never happened though, the real world is a harsh mistress.

But yeah, I used to experience all kinds of things when I was a small child that I don't now. I suppose as we age we lose a lot of natural abilities that we've once had before.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by grubblesnert

I know what you mean with the variations. I try my best to explain it chronologically, but there's obviously more to it than "time".

This is my first somewhat successful attempt, but in the future, I'll be looking for these "eyes" if they don't find me first.
The thing is, I felt like there was more than the eyes. I just wasn't able to see it all.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Thanks for sharing your experience, Rathyas! I definitely won't ridicule what you said man, not at all... I've done a lot of work with what I feel altered states of consciousness, but I don't think I've ever actually done the astral projection thing. My experiences have mainly been while having a midday nap, or going back to bed after being awake at least an hour in the middle of the night.

What happens to me is that I feel like I'm completely awake, but I'll be able to do things like float/fly around my house/different areas, etc. While that might sound like AP right off the bat, I don't think it is. But it is definitely not 'just a dream', it's some completely different level of awareness. To me, it's pretty amazing.

Anyway, here's the point of my post: The way I was able to get to where I am, be it astral projection or whatever, is by working with my 'energy body'... that may sound pretty 'new-agey' or whatever, but I assure you there's no mysterious mysticism involved whatsoever. It's just a matter of close concentration, and doesn't even involve meditation. To show you what I'm talking about, check out this page at the bottom:

www.astraldynamics.com...

It'll give you an idea what I'm talking about, although I learned how to do this on my own, before I even heard of this dude. If you're (or anyone here) interested in more, then you can check out the full tutorial on the site, or better yet I can share with you my experiences and suggestions. (I'd love to talk about this, no one in my life has even a passing interest in things like this.)

It definitely makes a difference, I kid you not. I'm not some new age guru or someone trying to sell a book, I'm a freaking IT technician. Anyway, take care,

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Myomistress

HAHAH, I DID THE EXACT SAME THING.

I was so hopeful.

Drifting away from reality with age is kind of upsetting.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by irontoad30

Hello, thanks for your reply.

To be quite honest with you, I didn't know what to call this when I posted the thread.
I had been debating between AP or OBE, and I couldn't tell, because it didn't seem to really fit anything just right.
I had control over my energies, and like you said - felt awake. But not in the way it seemed like AP had been described to me.
I didn't leave my body or anything. It felt more inter-dimensional. Do you know what I mean?

It was like I was allowing myself to be visited. rather than visiting.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rathyas
reply to post by irontoad30

I didn't leave my body or anything. It felt more inter-dimensional. Do you know what I mean?

It was like I was allowing myself to be visited. rather than visiting.
I have had the experience of going inside myself like you describe. I have, on occasion, had a dream which could be most closely described as riding along on the convulusions of my own brain. when I awake I feel excited and happy and slightly more positive and insightful.

I'm also starting to have precognitive dreams again. (I'm 52 y/o.) When I was in my teens and early twenties this was a more common occurance. Fun to have it come to visit again.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Why did you mention falling asleep but know for a fact it was not a dream? I'm not trying to debunk astral projection. Only trying to get the facts straight.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by XxRagingxPandaxX

You know the difference between your body and mind, don't you?

new topics

top topics

join