It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mermaid show on animalplanet

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   
I saw this last week, and it was definaty presented as a scientific finding that the US military was tryin to cover up. Parts that were fictionalized possible events of the past were identified as such, while the finding of the body from the shark was presented as fact.

It this possible? I would think so, but I am not sure why the military would seek to cover this up. If these sea creatures exist, do they build structures under the oceans?

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by coop039

This show really annoyed me.
Their evidence was non existent, and their video was faked.

The theory is actually sound from a scientific point of view, but it comes off as a joke.
Honestly this was more mocumentary than documentary to me.

Which is sad IMO.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 12:48 AM
link   
There is authenticity of scientists showed in Mermaids, the body found that included Dr. Rebecca Davis, Dr. Paul Robertson and Dr. Brian McCormick as also a part of the NOAA in search of mermaid...... Well, it is not necessary that all scientists are must to be found on internet or other ... But Here is proof that show Brian McCormick is an individual attached to NOAA

Here is an excerpt from a document by the Narragansett Bay National Estuarine Research Reserve, which research is affiliated with NOAA according to the document, and lists Brian McCormick as one individual who contributed to the project.
They are hard to find, but they do exist.

“The NBNERR Site Profile was made possible through the help of many individuals. Notable contributors and the expertise that they provided include… Sincere thanks also goes to current and former NBNERR staff members who assisted with materials presented in this document, but who did not individually author any of the chapters. These individuals include Robert Stankelis, Kristen Van Wagner, Jennifer West, Matthew Rehor, Kimberly Botelho, Brian McCormick, Alan Beck, and especially Roger Greene… This publication is sponsored by the NOAA Estuarine Reserves Division and the State of Rhode Island. This publication is also sponsored in part by Rhode Island Sea Grant under NOAA Grant No. NA040AR4170062. The views expressed herein do not necessarily reflect the views of the NBNERR, NOAA, or any of its sub-agencies. The U.S. Government is authorized to produce and distribute reprints for governmental purposes notwithstanding any copyright notation that may appear hereon.”

Click on this, following is the real document Brian McCormick as an individual

Then search his name on the page ...

Similarly, here is an excerpt from a document on the minutes of a Devils Lake water improvement district meeting. Listed as staff:

“STAFF: Paul Robertson, Seth Lenaerts, RARE Participant”

and affiliated with NOAA:

“Seid Creek: Green asked what is expected as the outcome on this issue. Robertson said nothing has occurred. NOAA previously said they were going to do a site inspection in March. Follow-ups have gone unanswered. Robertson asked if a letter from the Board would be effective. He explained that this is a construction site that has been filling debris above wetlands. Last year, a lot of it slid down into the wetlands. DSL has turned away from any enforcement action and the Corps never investigated. Robertson said it appears that Seid Creek is a watershed similar to Thompson Creek. Green asked for Robertson to continue making calls rather than the Board writing a letter just yet.”

This is the real document to show he was listed as a staff
Paul Robertson as a staff
Click on it and search his name

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 03:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by poet1b

I saw this last week, and it was definaty presented as a scientific finding that the US military was tryin to cover up. Parts that were fictionalized possible events of the past were identified as such, while the finding of the body from the shark was presented as fact.

It this possible? I would think so, but I am not sure why the military would seek to cover this up. If these sea creatures exist, do they build structures under the oceans?

I just have to believe that its a anti navy Navy sonar experiments praganda show.

The fact that parts where first on a you tube video posted from china makes me wonder if part of the money to make the show may have been from countries that don't want the US navy to have and be able to use this super sonar.

Russia for years supplied money to anti nuclear weapons groups in Europe and the US.
And in many cases to environmental groups, anti DU groups and many other groups that supported causes that hurt the US military.

China has in resent years started doing the same.

And with the internet there are now web site in china and russia that use the internet to push anti US military agendas

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Did some of you miss this?
Its all FICTION (the show anyway).

www.imdb.com...

The scientist were ACTORS. The only thing in the show with any factual info is the bloop.
edit on 3-10-2012 by coop039 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Pretty sick tying in the whales dying from sonar and passing it off as being part of a mermaid mockumentary. ahhh the age of confusion.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   
This has been posted on ATS time, and time, and time again. The show was not real - mermaids are not real. The US government agency responsible for keeping track of what's in the world's oceans even issued a freaking press release saying as much.... but that's exactly what TPTB would want us to believe, to keep us from running off and joining the beautiful sea maiden's Atlantean utopia under the sea!!! /sarcasm

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 06:51 AM
link   
recorded the show last night 2 hours long and thought it plausible
the show had many drs and even a recording of a camera phone
from 2004 which they showed
just thought id give this a bump in case anyone else watched it

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Everything i said was already posted...

Sorry.
edit on 25-3-2013 by ByteChanger because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 07:04 PM
link   
i absolutley loved this show it really got me thinking. i liked the interviews with fishermen finding spears in the fish they catch the best. i however did not like the theory about evolution thru the apes going into the water!

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 10:54 PM
link   
This is the first I have heard about aquatic ape theory and I find it very interesting. It is plausible. Maybe not to the point of people developing fish tails or whatever, but it could easily account for the hair loss and webbed fingers and toes.

In fact, I would tend to think it is likely.

Imagine a place like Israel. Where the prime real estate is the West Bank. Get away from the water and the land is a hell hole. Now imagine the sea level rising and flooding out the fertile ground near the water. These primitive people are now forced into the water for food, or risk their lives wandering the desert.

Very interesting!

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 11:36 PM
link   
my guess is that this is a made up show to explain some evolutionary theories

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by soloharmony
i absolutley loved this show it really got me thinking. i liked the interviews with fishermen finding spears in the fish they catch the best. i however did not like the theory about evolution thru the apes going into the water!

I wish people would read the thread before posting.
Did some of you miss this?
Its all FICTION (the show anyway).

www.imdb.com...

The scientist were ACTORS. The only thing in the show with any factual info is the bloop.

Its all fake. There were no spears in fish. No cell phone video.

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Yeah I was in the middle of watching it and I couldn't help but noticed how fake the videos and the interviews looked and sounded. It was getting interesting so it was disappointing to realize that it was all fake. After seeing this thread and confirming my suspicions, I'm kinda let down that animal planet would air something like this. Oh well, better luck next time I guess.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 12:33 AM
link   
From most people I've spoken to about this, they believed it was real. These are people who wouldn't normally buy into a conspiracy, but they believed the government was hiding the truth about this.

Why?

Because it was on the Discovery Channel.

The version I watched had no disclaimer saying it was fictional, and surely there are broadcasting rules and regulations about reeling people in like this?

The thing that threw me off was their version of the "Bloop," which sounds nothing like the actual bloop.

So while the mockumentary itself was entertaining and well put together, raising some interesting theories, it may as well have been an episode of Stargate.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Oh, man. I really meant to record this. Was it any good? Is it posted anywhere that I can watch it?
Thanks

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Batan

Yeah! I'm surprised no one has commented on the final section of the show last night where the mermaid comes up and punches the submarine after they were blasting The Bloop recording underwater! Could be fake but man scared the crap out of me!

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by mlever1

Just google "new mermaid evidence unreal proof"

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Just watched Mermaids The Body Found extended cut and am just blown away. This connects the dots for me of my life growing up at the beach and a close drowning once. I feel strongly that this is true, in fact only today I was talking about the experience, my life in the early years living more in the water than out, and how much I love the ocean.

If you know me, I was very active in the BP threads authoring many myself.

I cant hardly even talk right now.

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 08:19 PM
link   
I know Animal Planet has received a lot of grief over this, but it was a great show and well put together. Don't know if anyone noticed the similarities to the mermaids and the aliens in Avatar. And if you stay for the credits, you get a lot of info. The credits say (written in the same credit box and font)

NONE OF THE INDIVIDUALS OR ENTITIES DEPICTED
IN THE FILM ARE AFFILIATED OR ASSOCIATED WITH
IT IN ANY WAY, NOR HAVE APPROVED ITS
CONTENTS. ANY SIMILARITIES TO ACTUAL PERSONS
LIVING OR DEAD ARE ENTIRELY COINCIDENTAL.

The moral of the story is what Foghorn Leghorn used to say: “I say, boy, pay attention when I’m talkin’ to ya, boy”. Pay attention to the credits. They give you a lot of info. Just think if everyone would have paid attention to the disclaimer that was made about Orson Wells famous broadcast. Same here. Hey Animal Planet, great job. Keep them coming. It is good to question what is going on. They brought up something maybe a lot of you don't pay attention to and that is why are all these whales dying? Are we using sound weapons that are killing mammals of the deep?

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join