It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Top10 Chilling Quotes During School Shootings.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   
O.K last time I posted one of these lists I got told off, so instead of posting all the list I'll just quote part of the first section and let you visit the link for the rest of it..

After a school shooting, it is important for authorities to interview witnesses and get their stories. In many cases this can be difficult because young victims will become traumatized by the violence. Research shows that people who carry out school shootings are usually social outcasts, full of rage, and show little signs of remorse or regret during their crimes. This article will focus on ten chilling quotes given by school shooters

I did not create this list my self, I just thought allot of people here would find it interesting. Please have a read

10 - Frontier Middle School Shooting

Quote: “This sure beats the hell out of algebra, doesn’t it?”

On February 2, 1996, a 14-year-old boy named Barry Loukaitis entered Frontier Middle School in Moses Lake, Washington and killed his algebra teacher and two students. Loukaitis was dressed in a wild west-style gunslinger outfit and had a black duster on. He was armed with a hunting rifle and two handguns. Upon entering the classroom, Loukaitis attacked the students in a fit of rage and quoted: “This sure beats the hell out of algebra, doesn’t it?” The quote came from a Stephen King novel titled Rage.

Rage is a book published by King in 1977 under the pseudonym Richard Bachman. It tells the story of a student who undergoes a school shooting and kills his algebra teacher. The book has been linked with four specific shooting events, including the Frontier massacre. For this reason, Stephen King insisted that the book be taken out of print. It should be mentioned that the quote used by Loukaitis doesn’t appear word-for-word in King’s story. The closest resemblance is when Charlie Decker says, “This sure beats panty raids.”

During the rampage killing, Loukaitis held the students hostage for ten minutes before a gym coach named Jon Lane came in the room and wrestled him to the ground. At his trial the defense attacked the media, specifically Pearl Jam’s video Jeremy, the films Natural Born Killers and Basketball Diaries, and Rage. They argued the fact that Loukaitis was on Ritalin at the time of the murder spree. In court, Loukaitis stated that he attempted to model his life after Rage’s protagonist Charlie Decker. Despite his young age, Loukaitis was sentenced to life in prison without the possibility of parole.

Visit this link for more....

I'm unable to even start to understand how they got to that stage in their lives, their whole thought process and how they lived they're lives up to the point of committing this madness baffles me. The last few minutes of these peoples madness captured in a few words paints a pretty bigger picture of where they're mind was at during this madness.
edit on 21-5-2012 by n00bUK because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   

I'm unable to even start to understand how they got to that stage in their lives, their whole thought process and how they lived they're lives up to the point of committing this madness baffles me.

Medications.

I've seen and heard countless stories of how people's kids were fairly normal, maybe slightly depressed, who wouldn't be if one is paying attention. Once they start some of these barely tested meds, their minds begin to function completely different.

Whatever meds they were on is a good start to understanding I think.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by n00bUK

Interesting that they mentioned the story Rage by Stephen King. I thought of the story years after reading it when Columbine happened.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi
Medications.

No, that's as easy as saying that video games are the reason.

There are deeper problems and one can only guess what happened to them. I guess most of those young people who go to their school and start to kill everyone are depressed, they're depressed, they had some bad experiences at the school and they see their future in ruins as more often than not, those people come from a very bad background (bad in school, no degree, bad parents, maybe abuse, negative influence from friends and a very bad neighbourhood)
That's at least what i think, they see they have no future, so they go crazy, as they have no future, they can die but they want to take as many with them as possible. So they go to their schools, kill the kids they went with there, who possible threated them bad and of course the teachers who are, in the mind of the killer, are solely to be blamed for their failure at life.

At least that's what i think, i take it mostly from the big school shooting we had here in Erfurt, Germany a couple of years ago, because that was exactly what happened: Abusive, drunk parents, bad friends, a very bad neighbourhood (low-lifes, skinheads, the really nasty crowd) and the guy was bad at school, failed it so he went ape#.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by ShadowAngel85

Prescription drugs are connected to school shootings and other violence
www.naturalnews.com...

SCHOOL SHOOTINGS - doctors' opinions

Are antidepressants accomplices to school shootings?

in fact Cho Seung Hui, the shooter in the Virginia Tech massacre in Blacksburg, Virginia was on antidepressant medications.

Eric Harris, one of the shooters at Columbine High School, in Littleton, Colorado was on antidepressant medications at the time of his shooting rampage with fellow classmate, Dylan Klebold.

Matti Juhani Saari, the shooter of ten at a Finnish College in Europe was on antidepressant medications at the time of his shooting spree when he later took his own life.

Kip Kinkel, the fifteen year old shooter at Thurston High School in Springfield, Oregon, had been on anti-depressants in the weeks before his shooting spree that killed and injured nearly two dozen people.

www.newexistentialists.com...

Just to name a few.

I'm not saying the medications or those kids' backgrounds "alone" led to their violence, I'm saying these meds gave them a good push.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
S & F

I went to the link and enjoyed the read. Thanks!
Really sad. Really sad.
To me #5 was a bit shocking.

Quote: “The struggle for which many brothers died in the past, and for which I will die, is not solely because of what is known as bullying. Our fight is against cruel people, cowards, who take advantage of the kindness, the weakness of people unable to defend themselves.”

A firefighter who responded to the scene told newspapers “There is blood on the walls, blood on the chairs. I’ve never seen anything like this. It’s like something in the United States.”

(post by ToddWilliams removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

top topics

join