It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Afghans braver than US troops?,tell me about your experiences(With MOS)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Hello.a certain poster has stated that MY troops are hiding in MRAPs and that the Afghan insurgents are superior soldiers as individuals BECAUSE THEY ARE BRAVER.I could spend hours debating this fool but I thought it best to ask the troops themselves with my own thread.
Knife fights would be particularly welcome.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   
One is willing to die and kill themselves in the name of their god and their country while another is built with body armor and medics. If it was only about bravery, then casulties would be higher on Coalition forces, but they are not. Insurgents fight with their hearts, most coalition force's fight because its their job.

"Some peoples terrorists are other peoples freedom fighters."

EDIT: The fact your willing to put yourself in a possition were you could be shot, blown up proves bravery. Both sides are great fighters, for differing reasons.
edit on 21-5-2012 by AaronWilson because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by cavtrooper7

I'm not a troop or even near the war and never been in any war, but I can easily tell you this...

If you are protecting your family and fighting for your country, you do everything.
If you are protecting a base, MRAP (?) whatever, you are pretty much protecting.

A person defending his home act differently than a person defending his office.
Both act bravely, but who is the one willing to give it all ?
You will have your answer if you think about that.
edit on 21-5-2012 by NullVoid because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Of course Afghanis are more brave, I will copy what I posted:

Their placing them against the most powerful military in the world to defend their homeland. Heck these afghanis don't even have the body armor that US forces do, and they manage to create these devices with what little they have, take the steps to place them on heavily guarded roads to stop incoming vehicles raping their country.

Which part of flying a drone or shooting from a tank demonstrates bravery? Do you know how much more body armor the US forces wear out of fear of these opium farmers? Do you know how many MRAPs are sent into service. The Afghan forces are much more brave than US forces will ever be; US Forces are a fine example of cowardice.

Definition of bravery:

brave spirit or conduct; courage; valor.

Example in usage. The brave Afghani freedom fighters managed the courage to fight the mightiest military in the world

Definition of cowardice:
noun
lack of courage to face danger, difficulty, opposition, pain, etc.

Example in usage. The coward US troops managed to shoot from a tank.

Heck even John Rambo agrees LOL:

"This film is dedicated to "The gallant people of Afghanistan"

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Want to prove me wrong? fight without your air support, armor, backup, superior weapons, com tools,etc.

You are fighting smarter, NOT BRAVER.

As a previous poster said you are fighting for your PAYCHECK.

The afghans are fighting for their COUNTRY and GOD and put all of their heart to defend what little precious things they have.

MY troops are hiding in MRAPs

Well they are, are you denying this fact?
edit on 033131p://5America/ChicagoMon, 21 May 2012 15:48:57 -0500 by THE_PROFESSIONAL because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

"This film is dedicated to "The gallant people of Afghanistan"

I wondered if many people picked that up. I watched it again a few years ago when I saw it on one of the movie channels. I remember thinking how they sure as hell made this movie before the 911 propaganda started flowing
They were such brave heros when they were fighting the Russians.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   
In my opinion it is not a case of JUST bravery or courage, it is also a case of tactical prowess and one must do their best while in another's back yard.

I only really have knowledge of British troops from my short service in the Infantry and as a team they are a formidable force who rely on tactics and teamwork and ethics drilled into them from day one week one. It is not a case of sheer numbers and brute force like the USA, but a case of knowledge working in small close knit teams....

You can easily reverse the argument to say how brave would Afghanis be on our territory?

Just because you are brave does not make you the best!

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Well yes, let us just order our troops to fight with sticks and stones. Logic right there. But id like to see you step out onto a battlefield, even in a tank. It takes bravery to be a soldier, no matter what army you fight for.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   

I was an IMJIN scout in Korea I didn't have air support.Just me and in a squad.When its face to face even without armor /support we deliver the goods or we would loose wars.it's as simple as that.yes we have them we have to win,the enemy IS brave to face us without armor or air.But as I recall they can shoot.Well not experts like me but they prided themselves on marksmanship.
We aren't invading Afghanistan we are fighting muslim supremacists in it.Apparently we are also capturing the opium trade as well.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by isaac7777

Well yes, let us just order our troops to fight with sticks and stones.

Or how about withdraw our troops and not fight at all unless necessary for things like self defense?

But id like to see you step out onto a battlefield, even in a tank

I'd be too smart for that, they would make me commander based on my entrance scores.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   

We aren't invading Afghanistan we are fighting muslim supremacists in it

The afghan people would think otherwise. I don't care if you walked in with Jesus hugging you, it would still be an invasion and they are not going to like it, no matter what cause we think it is. It is their country and they know what they want with it, and if they want Islamic supremacists, well then so be it.
edit on 043131p://5America/ChicagoMon, 21 May 2012 16:11:37 -0500 by THE_PROFESSIONAL because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Well there is where they hid so there is where we hit them according to intell and doctrine.The target was not established with effective jurisprudence I would say but there you go.I think the average joe in Afghanistan prefers Karzai to Taliban Shariah law the women sure do appreciate it more.
Funny how the average Afghan just watches the latest show and even aids the US as opposed to all out resistance like the Russians had.But my sources are all vets,the media is a form of fictional entertainment to us.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   

when afghans fight they are not afraid to die ,here on earth is the stepping stone to allah..72 virgins when u get there..

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by isaac7777

Well yes, let us just order our troops to fight with sticks and stones. Logic right there. But id like to see you step out onto a battlefield, even in a tank. It takes bravery to be a soldier, no matter what army you fight for.

Is that why more of our troops are killing themselves than are being killed by the "enemy"? Or is it maybe because they know they're on the wrong battlefield and can't figure out a way to get on the right battlefield without appropriate orders?

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by eyeinoz

when afghans fight they are not afraid to die ,here on earth is the stepping stone to allah..72 virgins when u get there..

If you'd bother to read the qu'ran, what they expect to receive after death is "gardens beneath which rivers flow", not virgins. But a lot of people allow liars to do their thinking for them.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by eyeinoz

This is the Afghan fighter of days gone by, the new Afghan fighter with which we are currently engaging are the opposite, as soon as they know they are losing they flee, ditch their weapons in a nearby cache and blend back into the local population who are too afraid to point them out, and due to the coalitions rules of engagement, we can do nothing unless they are practically firing at us.

edit on 21/5/2012 by ThorsBrother because: Spelling

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   
He he
As soon as I saw this thread, thought hmmm I'm gonna avoid that one
But ........I'll admit I thought it was going to be one of the professionals threads
As its not I'll add
No offence pro

In short no
And I really could go on and on
But
For some it's a win win situation
Martyrdom in this conflict supposedly guarantees you your virgins in paradise - yay it sucks here
Buy the way you do this and your families set ! ......for life ! $100,000 goes along way in stan
This isn't just through volunteers, but intimidation of family and use of honour ( can't provide for family )

So that's a win win win really honour/paradise/family security

Then there is your standard brainwashed and indoctrinated ( and add a splattering of this to all examples to a certain degree )
The mentally handicapped ( have encountered twice as suicide bombers)
And the drugged up berserker

There's your $10 Taliban - some farmer who get a few bucks to go shoot at some coalition troops
To your well funded insurgent groups

So no really, believe it or not enemy dead ( Admitadly not all ) are blood tested
What you would consider brave 8/10 time turns out to be some smacked up troublemaker from across the border
Very few afghanis are involved in fighting
Out of the majority that do anything for the insurgency, they are simply placing a device or leaning a rocket ......$ 10 Taliban !

And there's some more of course but these are some off my head

No they are not - they just have different ...........influences shall we say

Ding ding ........

edit on 21-5-2012 by Neocrusader because: Auto

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Never been to Afghanistan so I cannot comment on the merit of their soldiers.

I would to say to you " don't let people get under your skin. Do you really need to prove anything to a civilian on the internet?"

You are an American soldier, you are automatically his enemy. Nothing you, or anyone else, says will ever change that, so why bother?

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Unfortunately, we in the West have rules out the yang to abide by during times of war. How 'bout we get rid of those and see how fast the cities of our enemies turn into desolate swaths of destruction. This war would have ended long ago were it not for those rules.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Given the American military history of friendly fire incidents one would have to be brave to fight alongside them, lol.

But yeah, it's easy to be brave with all that tech and armour, it's like comparing an American football player with a rugby player.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join