It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you think people from the government come on here?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 03:31 PM
link   
see the statements im worried then not worried shows a great deal of something I told you you dont need paranoia just let it go guys and to dispell a myth ............they are to busy to watch these boards and it costs to much money to do so ...........come on guys the have been watching this type of stuff for a long time its not out of there way or budget why do you think they charge the tax payer 200.00 for a stupid screw driver and 20,000 to something as a toilet to use a more common analogy......they pad the defense and justice and intel budgets so you dont see where this extra money really goes........this is just a minor task in the greater scope of things but who gives a damn if they are watching if you tolerate this
thru denial then you might as well hoist that red flag with the yellow sickle and hammer on it.......dont allow oppression fight it embrace your right to individuality and tell these # heads you aint going to be scared the hand them all your little sick secrets and say now you know nana nana boo boo big brother cant catch me and then take the deepest breath you can and raspberry right in their face

[edit on 1/10/04 by drbryankkruta]

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Indeed. But it does seem that there would be an easier way to monitor the populace than assigning numerous agents the task of reading millions of internet posts on far flung websites.

A much easier way.

As I mentioned, filter programs. The filter programs search the web for key words, phrases, and the like, cross-reference them with known anti-government sites, terrorist sites, terrorist-related sites, domains, IPs, etc. and then produce a hit list based on a descending threat level.

EDITED: Too much info, hehe...

[edit on 1-10-2004 by Gazrok]

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by sturod84
i think it should be the adminstrations job to locate any government agents posting on here. they are not welcome here, and should be banned.

Aren't government agents citizens of the U.S.? Isn't the Constitution bound to protect their rights also?

So many people at ATS talks about rights, rights, rights and here you go wanting to take them away just for being a "G".

Mm-mm-mm *shaking head*.

[edit on 1/10/04 by Intelearthling]

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 11:31 PM
link   
This is the first conversation i have started up and i cant believe i actually got this many replies. thanks for contributing. i thought i made someone mad because they gave me links to posts asking similar questions to the one i did...so i felt kinda stupid. but anyway thanks for posting. this is some pretty interesting stuff.

If you think about it though it would be a smart idea for them to look at message boards like this. Maybe they will realize that we aren't as blind as they think we are or possibly see that we have no clue at all to what they are doing.

DIGITALGRL

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 11:38 PM
link   
i mean there could be tones of g9verments coming on here i doubt they really give a crap about what we say i doubt they even have came acrros this web site befor don't worry

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cassandra
Care to share which "government agencies/contractors,etc."?

Nope. If they want to identify themselves and their employer, they can.

If that sounds tacky, consider this: would YOU want us giving out what information we can about YOU? Most folks would say "Hey! No way!"

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 12:01 AM
link   
I work for the government. The U.S. government to be exact. Well sort of. We do not, under normal circumstances receive any government *money*. But most people still, and technically we are part of the Federal government.

Not to play games but here is a few hints:

1.) One of the most made fun of off shoots of the Federal government(even though we are hard working)

We are at most of your houses 6 days a week.

This is the truth, even though I am at home now(just got off work), I occasionally log in at work, so it can be checked and verified.

Also we are not a 3 letter agency, but a 4.....

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by bobafett1972
I work for the government. The U.S. government to be exact. Well sort of. We do not, under normal circumstances receive any government *money*. But most people still, and technically we are part of the Federal government.

1.) One of the most made fun of off shoots of the Federal government(even though we are hard working)

This is the truth, even though I am at home now(just got off work), I occasionally log in at work, so it can be checked and verified.

MIB2

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 12:06 AM
link   

I work for the government. The U.S. government to be exact.

The DEA? Oh wait thats three letters

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

MIB2

That would be cool, but no. They would have *wiped* my memory by now....

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Amuk

I work for the government. The U.S. government to be exact.

The DEA? Oh wait thats three letters

Amuk, I know you corrected yourself, but does the DEA really come to your house 6 days a week?

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Amuk, I know you corrected yourself, but does the DEA really come to your house 6 days a week?

Back in the old days......Just about

They didnt come to my house as much as they seemed to have an unnatural interest in the mountians around my house, between the choppers, agents tromping through the woods and the freaking deer eating whatever it was they were looking for it got to where a poor old farmer couldnt make a living.

Of course I didnt know anything about all those plants

[edit on 2-10-2004 by Amuk]

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 01:01 AM
link   
well when i tried to post my guess it said my post was too short so now i have to b.s some stuff so i can put in what i really wanted to say.

ORIGINAL POST

are you a cop? LAPD perhaps???

DIGITALGRL

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by DigitalGrl
ORIGINAL POST

DIGITALGRL

Umm, not to be a smarty pants, but last time I checked the LAPD wasn't part of the Federal Government? Humm, or is it?

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 01:28 AM
link   
yeah i know. they are employed by the government though. i was just watching cops at the time and thought that sometimes they act like they work for the feds. my last post was a bad joke.

DIGITALGRL

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by LordGoofus

while I was chatting him I pinged his IP and found out he was the real deal

Um.... say what? You pinged his IP to determine the source of the communications? You do know ping means to "send a message from one computer to another to check whether it is reachable and active"? You can ping an address for all it's worth but that won't give you it's original location.....

Original location at first would be moot. The gov't wants Remote Access.I believe the software to acheive this is called NetTrace. Hackers use it. I figure the Gov't does too. If they lock on to your IP, they can get in. I don't know how you could know he was "the real deal" from just an IP address.
But he probably got into your computer as soon as you pinged him! Speaking of Gov't software what about Recovery by OnTrack. I've heard this software is 99.9% effective in recovering any information ever stored on a harddrive regardless of the drives condition. Just thought I'd throw that out to any gov't person that might be hear so that maybe I'll get a reply that will educate me. In all seriousness, I don't think that our gov't has a sufficient amount of resources to monitor the massive amounts of information on all the forums. We just learned this week that the gov't is something like 100,000 hours behind on listening to Terrorist related tapes.
But I will say that the ATS would seem to be a probable source for gov't monitoring. Some of the subjects here like Area 51, probably tick them off.

doctorduh

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by DigitalGrl
ORIGINAL POST

DIGITALGRL

Umm, not to be a smarty pants, but last time I checked the LAPD wasn't part of the Federal Government? Humm, or is it?

Why don`t you just say who you work for rather than playing with people.Or are you just full of brown smelly stuff.

DIGITALGRL you will notice on this site that people who lie tend to follow the same pattern.Instead of just saying what they are,who they are,what they`ve seen they play this game under the illiusion of greatness.

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 02:16 AM
link   
Chill man. My guess would be USPS.

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 02:19 AM
link   
I would disagree and say he`s in F.I.T.S

[edit on 2-10-2004 by intrepid]

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 02:38 AM
link   
thank you for sharing your good observation with me weirdo, which was very well put i may add.

USPS is a good one though. and i have to say that any guy that can fit into those tight brown shorts is within the realm of greatness
(just kidding)

DIGITALGRL

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join