It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hey, I'm back! Just got out of jail...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Just kidding. Basically it was jail with no bars.

Man, I swear, I was sitting and waiting to be at least called to do something, rather than twiddle my thumbs and playing crossword puzzles all day. I had absolutely no clue what half those words were.
I think it was the anticipation killing me. Well anyways, she gets us all excited and tells us "to get ready that they are getting ready to call names, but to go on break right now and stretch those legs and be back in 20". Well we come back, we wait over an hour and still nothing. Now we get our lunch break for 2 hours and we come back and wait another hour. AND............still.........nothing.... Finally, she came back and said "we did our duty your all excused and you can't keep the badges as souvenirs.".
Bummer, I was going to frame it.

Man, I was so pumped to give a verdict.

Bah...........

The torture was the waiting.
edit on 21-5-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   
What were you in for? Were you arrested or detained?

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by AaronWilson
What were you in for? Were you arrested or detained?

I think she was arrested for being a registered voter and charged with jury duty.
How much did they pay?
edit on 21-5-2012 by MJZoo because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by AaronWilson

I think she means she did jury service

2nd line

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by MJZoo

I got $12 for the day..

More than my Dad. He got $3 bucks.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   
I feel like a goof heheheh

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Dang! Another one of those "manhaters" allowed to roam free and strike again with out warning... Whats the world coming to?

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   
I was pretty disappointed with my first jury duty too... we sock-skated in the hallway until the baliff came out and told us we had to quit

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Lucky you. I felt like I was being held hostage for 3 weeks my last stint. They were generous enough to try to poison me with free fast food... which gave me serious intestinal issues since Im not used to eating it and thought I was gonna die.They were also generous enough to give us ALL all the Mtn Dew we wanted.. hyped up jurors are not good for the prosecution OR the defense.

top topics

join