It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Insanity, P90x and Turbo Fire

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   
I am into Day 12 of Insanity and it is kicking my butt but I am staying the course. The Insanity workout has been dubbed the world's most intense workout and they are not lying..lol.

I intend to take a look at P90X at some point but my main focus is gaining body strength and getting in shape before summer.

Anyone else doing Insanity and have had success with it or with P90X or Turbo Fire?
edit on 21-5-2012 by Jaellma because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Jaellma

I've been thinking about getting insanity.
Lost any weight so far?

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by GmoS719

Yes, as a matter of fact, I have lost 3 pounds so far, which is good since I am a fairly athletic guy but need to work off a little pot belly before I hit the beach.

You end up sweating from the 1st 2 minutes of your workout until the end. It's a lot of jumping and movement so make sure you have fairly stable knees but you shouldn't have problems if you stick to the routine.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   
How long a day do you do insanity, and how many days a week?

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jaellma
I am into Day 12 of Insanity and it is kicking my butt but I am staying the course. The Insanity workout has been dubbed the world's most intense workout and they are not lying..lol.

I intend to take a look at P90X at some point but my main focus is gaining body strength and getting in shape before summer.

Anyone else doing Insanity and have had success with it or with P90X or Turbo Fire?

It all depends on what you're trying to do. Insanity is ok for weight loss due to the constant cardio exercise that keeps your body in a catabolic (fat burning) state. Sometimes I use Insanity workouts for my cardio. The only problem I have with Insanity is that it places far too much focus on cardio and leaves out the weights entirely, though it does compensate somewhat with plenty of body weight exercises. It is lacking in some areas though.

If you are trying to both lose weight as well as tone muscle and maybe gain some muscle, P90X is the way to go. Studies have shown that lifting weights can have a greater effect on fat loss than cardio does, which is why a good trainer will include a heavy dose of weight lifting for shedding pounds fast. In the end either will work as long as you maintain a HEALTHY DIET, and by diet I don't mean one of these fad "diets" like the salad diet, or Atkins, or whatever. If your diet is sub-par, then your results will also be sub-par, regardless of how much you work out.

Personally, I would go with P90X if you have that kind of time and energy to devote to fitness. Just be warned, P90X is almost like taking on a part time job. I'm male, and my first round of P90X I gained around 8 pounds of lean muscle, and took my body fat down to 4%. It is a well designed, easy to follow program.

Hope this helps. Good luck!
edit on 21-5-2012 by OrchusGhule because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by ReadyPower

insanity is a 2 month program. They claim the workouts last 40 - 60 minutes per day and you have to do it 6 days a week with a 1 day break.

So far, for me, I think my days average 45 minutes per workout. It's interval training so what happens is you do a 5-10 minute intense warm-up with multiple exercises and sporadic 30 seconds breaks. After the warm-up session you get right into the interval training for the remainder 30-40 mins. Again, it's interval based so you only get 30 second breaks every 3 - 10 minutes.

I believe the 2nd month is more intense but I haven't gotten there yet.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by OrchusGhule

I understand what you are saying about Insanity. It's mostly body weight exercise but if you bought the deluxe package you get a couple of DVDs that include weight exercises if you wish to gain some muscle mass along the way.

BTW, most people who have tried both Insanity and P90X for most of each workout program duration, respectively, have honestly claimed that Insanity is more intense and a harder workout...so, depends on what you are looking for and hoping to achieve.

top topics

join