It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Red Dawn is being SCREWED UP or CANCELLED for being TRUTHFUL

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   
I think this conspiracy is a lot less complicated then people would think. A big movie has to be financed up front before the filming begins. Big films need big financing. Remember when all the villains in movies were German? Germans started to finance Hollywood. Now, there's hardly a German accent in any movie. China is actually going hardball against those who go against them. How easy do you think there is to get financing for a movie when that financing will destroy any chance of success on the Chinese market for those who finances those movies? As a investor it's pretty stupid to finance a movie for a market with bad prospects at the cost of future opportunities in China.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by XxNightAngelusxX
reply to post by captaintyinknots

We're in a lot of debt and we have a lot of fragile ties with China, but the same can't be said for North Korea. We're in a lot of sensitive situations with a huge, military advanced, communist country. That's why it's more likely we'd have a beef with them rather than NK.

That is not a reason at all. You are talking about one of our biggest trade partners in China.

And for the record, we've already been to war with NK.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   
From all the years I have seen remakes of good films, the remake is, (my opinion) crap, like '300',Xerxes was not bald, and had a beard, just for starters, and it was not the iron gates, 'they' did not have iron then! I can only presume no one knew how to say "Thermopylae" I think it means 'land of fire' due to the volcanic fire vents.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Sorry, but this remake is going to be bad anyway, if they aren't sticking to the original... I really hate it when they do that. Won't matter who they make the enemy.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by bobs_uruncle

It wouldn't work because your snowmobiles won't take you very far here and the beer sucks

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots

I sense another cover-up. Of course it's a million more times likely for us to go to war with China than it is to go to war with North Korea, but China is putting pressure on us not to release the film the way it was originally made, because it 'offends them.' I was really excited to see it too, but they ruined the movie...

Anyway, whaddo you think?

edit on 5/21/2012 by tothetenthpower because: --Mod Edit--Added EX Tags and snipped content.

Why is it "a million times more likely for us to go to war with China than it is to go to war with NK"? This statement makes absolutely no sense.

Both scenarios are highly unlikely, since neither have a Navy thats equipped enough to bring the number of troops needed to pull off a successful operation. Even if they did, the ships would be tracked from the moment they left the dock.
Only possible way, would be if the conspiracies are true and the Chinese are already building up a stealth army in Mexico and in the US.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Have you read about the 20,000 acre city they're building in Idaho to house a Sinomach factory and workers?
They're also buying up oil and natural gas leases in the Midwest.
What you say is true about the Japanese and Saudis but the Chinese are smarter than that and aren't buying anything the can't either occupy or take with them.
I'd like to believe what you said but they've learned the hard lessons at the expense of other countries.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Yep

And in other news China will now bypass Wall Street and Deal Directly with the Federal Reserve something no other "creditor" has ever been allowed to do.

Red Dawn was my favorite movie and a lot of my favorite movies i loved as a kid and royally been screwed up.

China is Red Dawn the complete takeover of the Us without ever firing a shot.

edit on 21-5-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots

I sense another cover-up. Of course it's a million more times likely for us to go to war with China than it is to go to war with North Korea, but China is putting pressure on us not to release the film the way it was originally made, because it 'offends them.' I was really excited to see it too, but they ruined the movie...

edit on 5/21/2012 by tothetenthpower because: --Mod Edit--Added EX Tags and snipped content.

Why is it "a million times more likely for us to go to war with China than it is to go to war with NK"? This statement makes absolutely no sense.

Because it is highly unlikely for the NK's to get here by sea or by air?

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Maybe the white house weighed in on the movie fearing the political implications of an evil china being portrayed.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by iforget

It wouldn't work because your snowmobiles won't take you very far here and the beer sucks

Ahhhh, but we also have camo'd 6 wheel ATV's with storage racks! Or, we could just wait for winter, you know eh? Drink a lot a beer to get ready and maybe eat some beef and barley soup as well, run the vehicles on collected methane. Now there's a plan! LOL

Cheers - Dave

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   
AMC movie theaters (about 6,000 screens in the world) was just bought by a Chinese company yesterday...

Not hard to figure out why the movie is cancelled, or delayed.

edit on 21-5-2012 by amongus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Yep, I heard it today from Alex. For those who don't know, the movie Red Dawn was made in the 80s, and was based around the idea of a third world war, and America being invaded by Cubans and Russians. In the new remake, the invaders of America are Communist Chinese. But, for some reason, they're trying to cancel the movie all together, or spend a million dollars or so editing the movie to make the invaders North Koreans instead of Chinese. That's weird... especially because so many of our businesses are being moved to China, and the Chinese are purchasing businesses, theaters, and properties in America...

The following is from collider.com...

"The upcoming remake of the 1984 action flick Red Dawn had changed the lead communist villain from Russia to China. But MGM, the studio behind the remake, has concluded that China, commie as they may be, still offers the possibility of lucrative international box office. With this in mind, the studio is making it so that the country who invades the U.S. this time around is…North Korea. The LA Times reports:

The filmmakers now are digitally erasing Chinese flags and military symbols from “Red Dawn,” substituting dialogue and altering the film to depict much of the invading force as being from North Korea, an isolated country where American media companies have no dollars at stake.

Hit the jump for more on this silly change. The remake of Red Dawn stars Chris Hemsworth, Adrianne Palicki, Josh Hutcherson, and Jeffrey Dean Morgan.

red-dawn-remake-posterAccording to the LA Times, MGM has begun showing the film to potential buyers at other studios, but executives are reportedly concerned that they can’t risk picking it up because of the potential blowback from China, which raked in $1.5 billion for studios in international box office revenue last year.

---collider.com...

Edit: I might not have been clear enough in the original posting. I believe that, relating to the fact that we're in debt with a very strong, closet communist country, who is buying more and more of our banks, businesses, theaters, and properties, I feel like it's very likely that, if we have a world war three, it will more than likely involve China. I also believe that the US government is in on it, so sure, they're gonna bow to the Chinese when they order the Americans to ruin the movie, and make sure there isn't too much reality in it. Reality is bad for the public. Everyone knows that.

edit on 21-5-2012 by XxNightAngelusxX because: (no reason given)

How can you be so sure they runied the movie? Have you seen it? Was it good before the changes? Did they change anything besides the flag and what they called the enemy?

You don't even unerstand what happened. They made the movie but couldnkt find any buyers because investors are worrid about how the chinese would see it. Th chinese didn't demand the change and probably don't care, they probably don't know about the movie yet, because it's not out, and the investors are trying to make sure that when it comes out it will make as much money as possible. So get mad at the investors and only them, because no oneelse has done anything wrong, and the investors didn't even do anything wrong, they just didnkt do anything right either. The are morally neutral in this.

Stop being a jackass, steer clear of your arrogance, and get a #ing clue. You're like a #ing hipster in how you are annoying.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   
China to North Korea? want to make more real, why not Iran/ Mexico invasion, with Pakistan/Chinese weapons. Some defector USSR/Chinese advisories that call the shots, form say Iran, via sat phones. To make it more interesting, have the big wig that is behind the invasion up in Canada, waiting for the US to fall, just to hand it over to China, and he is from Afghanistan.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Adlai

I'm talkingout ofmy ass a little, too, but the way you were alking just pissed me off, like you knew everything and everyting you said was righteous truth.

Anyway, the chinese are still the enemy, north korea has just become the big enemy with china as an ally, instead of vice versa.

The reason the movie didnkt come out 2 years ago without the new edits was because mgm went bankrupt, and when the tried to get investors to buy the product most didn't want to. A state run chinese newspaper read some of thescript that got leaked on the internet (yes, just a part, and nothing official) and they started spouting that it was talking # on china that's all tha came from china. The editing was a recent decision by mgm. They couldnkt sell the movie so the spent less than a million to edit it themselves and made it one of 3 movies from before bankruptcy that was done that the kept and are releasing now.

Do some research befre you hate monger you hatefull little #ing hate #ter.

That # about amc being bought, it's interesting and I'm looking into it, but it has nothing to do with a 2 year old unreleased movie. It just happened today.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by amongus

Pffft.

I don't understand what happened? Really? I've seen what's been released to the public, and I liked the original (except the ending). From what I've seen and heard, yes, they RUINED the movie. That's my opinion, and I'm not being a jack*ss for stating it. Why go to name calling? Did I make you that angry?

Get over your self.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by XxNightAngelusxX

More interesting is that the powers that be know very well that public perception can be altered by a mere fictional movie. What does this say about us?

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by ExPostFacto

More interesting is that the powers that be know very well that public perception can be altered by a mere fictional movie. What does this say about us?

The concern isn't about "the public". The concern is about offending someone with whom we trade and owe lots and lots of money to. Someone known to be quite sensitive about that sort of thing. It wouldn't be the first time.

I thought the first movie was pretty bad. Maybe because I was well beyond adolescence when it came out.
I expect the second would be worse.

edit on 5/21/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   

yeah, and it can start with the north american free trade agreement being sabotaged from the usa stealing all of Canadas beer and replacing it all with mexican beer, Dos Equis

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   

reply to post by amongus

Pffft.

I don't understand what happened? Really? I've seen what's been released to the public, and I liked the original (except the ending). From what I've seen and heard, yes, they RUINED the movie. That's my opinion, and I'm not being a jack*ss for stating it. Why go to name calling? Did I make you that angry?

Get over your self.

Did I miss the part where I called you a name? Please provide a quote.

I was saying in general that it's not hard to see why it was was being cancelled. Was not directed at you.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join