It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mitt Romney’s Mormon faith tangles with a quirk of Arkansas history

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   
First the FAKE Gay bully story now this

Obama admin is desperate WaPo Attacks Romney for 'Mormon Militia' Action 150 Years Ago

www.washingtonpost.com...
edit on Mon May 21 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: title edit to reflect source title

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   
I just skimmed this propaganda piece, so maybe I missed it. Can you please quote from your source where the Obama-admin "attacked" Romney?

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   
The MSM is in Obamas Pocket this is more proof 2 attackes on Romney in a Month by the Wash Post you know the WH is connected

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by knightrider078
The MSM is in Obamas Pocket this is more proof 2 attackes on Romney in a Month by the Wash Post you know the WH is connected

So anyone now who says anything bad about Romney is automatically in Obama's pocket or part of his admin? Where's my paycheck?

more and more pathetic by the day...

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Why was this story written? Some of the paragraphs sprinkled through the very long story include:

And yet, there is scant evidence that Romney’s religion is making much difference in how voters here are thinking about the presidential election and whether they are willing to back the former Massachusetts governor.

Indeed, many here say their political values will be more important to their vote than religion or history. A rural and deeply religious community, many cite the cultural issues of abortion and gun rights as foremost on their minds. The weak economy has deepened their dislike of President Obama, who received less than 40 percent of the vote in Arkansas in 2008.

None of that history, though, including the massacre, may make much of a difference at the polls.

“That was 200 years ago,” Doug Steele, 45, a Republican insurance agent related to some of the massacre victims, said over a chicken sandwich at Granny’s Kitchen in Huntsville. “It’s been a long time. You can’t hate forever.”
These statements seem to indicate that the event from the past will have little in any bearing on the election, and the state is probably going to go Romney anyway. So why bring it up and make such a big story out of it? It's certainly not breaking news.

It seems to be an attack on the religion Romney follows. There were a few people who thought we could go through this campaign without focusing on a candidate's religion, but it doesn't look like that's going to happen.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   
The US MSM is Very liberal remember 2008 how they treated Obama almost like a god

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   

The US MSM is Very liberal remember 2008 how they treated Obama almost like a god

UGH. Repubs say the media is liberal. Liberals say the media is conservative. Round and round and round.

People really not to refuse to participate in this game anymore.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   
There is a difference debating ones policies and this stuff what the wash post has done AGAIN

reply to post by captaintyinknots

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Sandhya Somashekhar writes opinion stories. As far as I can tell - - that is all she does.

I don't get her or what she's supposed to be about at all.

Maybe she got her job through connections or something.

Here's her Facebook: www.facebook.com...

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   

There is a difference debating ones policies and this stuff what the wash post has done AGAIN

reply to post by captaintyinknots

So by this, you are basically saying that the media does not do this about most, or all, politicians? Or are you saying its only a bad thing when its done to obama's opponents?

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   
I personally don't feel as if I could vote for Mit Romeny in good conscience. I don't see him as having separated himself from either Obama or Bush enough for me to lend his support. With that said, I think his beliefs are a non sequitor in the presidential debate and can be largely ignored. They're irrelevant.

top topics

join