It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Revenge of the Bee!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   
My wife and I just had a fun text exchange, where she informed me that 10000 bees took a family hostage in a car (this was how the local news put it) in NYC.

Here's a quick link: www.dnainfo.com...

She joking said, "I thought bees were going extinct, so where did all these show up from?"
I replied, "They're the resistance. The bees have had enough, and are taking action."

This quote comes from the article:

Several bee infestations have been reported this spring, with two other mammoth masses discovered this week alone, one on Manhattan's Bowery and another in the Westchester Square area of the Bronx.

So all kidding aside, and probably a lil TMI, I have mildly serious question for my fellow ATSers, do you think bees are making a come back? Were they ever in danger? I know I've seen alot of articles suggesting bees were a dying breed. But around the homefront, we've seen no decline in pollinators (bees, butterflies, what have you).

Kinda open ended, but just thought maybe some of you had some ideas on the matter or mind blowing information, you guys and gals usually do.
edit on 21-5-2012 by Lasr1oftheJedi because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   
They went into hiding to adapt to the new conditions, they have completed their metamorphosis and are now ready to kick ass and take names. When nature attacks.........

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   
is there any movies about this, akin to the "Birds"?

i wish i could tell bees apart from black jackets and wasps. to me they are like all the same- and sting hard.

which can't sting, honey? bumble?

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   
I read an article last year that said California was seeing numbers increase too. Good news indeed, and that's coming from someone who is allergic to bees. Didn't see many for a few years, I was starting to really worry. Every animal is important to the ecosystem, but few are obvious for why we need them around as the bee.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   
I hope the bees find all Monsanto buildings and attack.Is there a spell?

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skewed
They went into hiding to adapt to the new conditions, they have completed their metamorphosis and are now ready to kick ass and take names. When nature attacks.........

That might not be far off the truth! The Africanized Bee is making big strides into North America, and attacks have been recorded all across the SouthWest, and Florida, and up into Oklahoma and Missouri.

They really have morphed into a stronger variety.

But, more to the OP, I think they were declining in number, but I don't think they were ever in danger or extinction.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vibol
is there any movies about this, akin to the "Birds"?

i wish i could tell bees apart from black jackets and wasps. to me they are like all the same- and sting hard.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Saw that on the news this morning, it was crazy!

Can you imagine all those bees on your car?

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Well, we had better hope they are coming back. If the bees die off, things are even worse than we think.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vibol

This wikipedia chart shows pictures and tells you the characteristics of bees, wasps, and their nests. Bees are mostly furry, while the others are smooth. They all sting, but bumblebees die after one sting. The rest can continue to sting you.

We have a ton of yellow jackets at my house and they're really no good for much (from what I can tell).

Here is another article that gives a little more information on the types of "bees".

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by schlomo
They all sting, but bumblebees die after one sting. The rest can continue to sting you.

It's honey that are a one time sting. Not bumble.
edit on 22-5-2012 by Lasr1oftheJedi because: shortening

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   
we may need them, but I make sure I kill any that stray into my path, all this
"they won't sting you unless you freak out"

Nonsense, they just sting you, so I take them out

new topics

top topics

join