It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Notre Dame files Lawsuit against Kathleen Sebelius, DHSS & Timothy Geithner, US Treasury, Dept. Labo

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 08:30 AM
link   
The tension is about to get a little tighter

the Catholic bishops of the United States are now preparing Catholics for what may be the most massive campaign of civil disobedience in this country since the Civil Rights Movement of the 1950s and early 1960s.

This will make the Occupy movement look like a pre school field trip. Imagine tens of thousands protesting and all of them actually know why they are protesting. Focus!!

“Some unjust laws impose such injustices on individuals and organizations that disobeying the laws may be justified,” the bishops state in a document developed to be inserted into church bulletins in Catholic parishes around the country in June.

“Every effort must be made to repeal them,” the bishops say in the document, which is already posted on the website of the U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops. “When fundamental human goods, such as the right of conscience, are at stake, we may need to witness to the truth by resisting the law and incurring its penalties.”

It will be peaceful!! I don't think the Black Bloc Bunch will attempt to show up. "A Fortnight of Freedom" Mark your calendars. June 21 - July 4

The bulletin insert reminds Catholic parishioners that the bishops have called for “A Fortnight of Freedom”—which they have described as “a special period of prayer, study, catechesis, and public action”—to take place from June 21 to July 4.

The bishops have noted that June 21, when this fortnight will begin, is the Vigil of the Feast of St. John Fisher and St. Thomas More. Fisher was a Roman Catholic cardinal whom the English monarch Henry VIII beheaded in 1535 after he refused to act against his conscience and take an oath asserting that Henry was the supreme authority over the church in England. That same year, Henry VIII also beheaded Thomas More, his former chancellor, for the same reason.

cnsnews.com...

In fact, this final rule simply repeats the language of the Act itself (PPACA, §1303 (b)), adding some details already issued as part of guidelines or executive order shortly after the Act was signed into law in March 2010. While some have misunderstood or misrepresented the Act's role in funding abortions, the new rule confirms that analyses by the Catholic bishops' conference were accurate on this point.[2]

Under this Act, millions of American taxpayers will be forced to help support abortion coverage, in two ways:

(1) Through their tax dollars all taxpayers will be forced to subsidize overall health plans that cover elective abortions, contrary to the policy of the Hyde amendment and every other major federal program, and

(2) Many of these Americans will also be forced to pay directly for other people's abortions. Some will say this is technically not "tax funding of abortions," because the required surcharge will be a premium payment rather than a tax payment as such. But what the payment is called is less important than what it actually does. Details follow

www.usccb.org...

WHY CONSCIENCE IS IMPORTANT (must read)
www.usccb.org...

This is the reason to get involved!! and to get your voice HEARD!! This is about freedom!! and not about how much a wealthy entrepreneur is worth or how he spends his money.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by ProfEmeritus

Another potential negative effect of the government mandate is the real probability that Catholic Institutions may shut down, rather than give in to coercion to break the beliefs of their faith.

That's a good point.

In fact it may very well be part of the Obama agenda !!

What better way to eliminate "religious charity" from healthcare and shove the cost to taxpayers.

We know how those commies love to eliminate religions.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

This just in....New Obama Campaign Photo

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Would that be King Barack the III or King Barack the IV ?

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   
A large group in our parish, is now actively talking about peaceful civil disobedience regarding the entire ObamaCare fiasco. Whatever is decided as a group, I will participate in. In fact, I will have no problem going to jail if it comes down to that.
If Germans had resisted the Nazi moves, Hitler never would have come to power..
We must resist this set of unconstitutional edicts and laws, pushed through against the will of the people.
Again, I have no problem with birth control for those who believe it is necessary, but I have a HUGE problem with forcing people of faith to pay for others to do something that is against their religion or conscience.
It stops here, or else this slippery slope will get steeper, until we truly have no personal freedoms left.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProfEmeritus
Another potential negative effect of the government mandate is the real probability that Catholic Institutions may shut down, rather than give in to coercion to break the beliefs of their faith.

Richard Land, who leads the largest Southern Baptist organization in the U.S., proclaimed solidarity with Catholics and pledged to go to jail before submitting to the HHS mandate.

It is not only Catholics that are being targeted

Perhaps this is the point, to weaken the ability of faiths to help people, forcing Government to step in and do it.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
does this boil down to insurance premiums ?

I mean even the folks at ND would admit they can't keep the kids from being sexually active, or purhasing birth control.

so this is about who pays for it ?

because they will pay 100 times more in lawyer fees than they ever will in premiums on this

The church is not claiming people can not use birth control. They are claiming their religion says it is a sin and they should not be forced to pay for it, since paying for it is a mortal sin. If their employees choose to do it on their own that is their choice, and ND is not claiming it can stop people from taking it, only stop the government from forcing them to buy it.

ok, I actually don't believe in these things, but I don't think the church has much of a case here on belief

Good thing you are not a lawyer then. It is a quite cut and dry case of the government overstepping it's boundaries. We have a long history of the church having this belief.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by dawnstar
reply to post by FlyersFan

so it comes down to either the birth control goes, or obamacare goes!!!

edit on 29-5-2012 by dawnstar because: (no reason given)

As has been stated multiple times, this is true, Obamacare is unconstitutional.

I am probably in the minority here, but I support National Healthcare, with private providers. (in essence do away with insurance providers, keep Dr. and hospitals private)

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 07:29 AM
link   
reply to post by ProfEmeritus

See my post further up the page regarding the "Fortnight of Freedom" a 14 day period of prayer, action and education.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 05:29 AM
link   
reply to post by OccamsRazor04

which, again, according to some, would be unconstitutional for any gov't run healthcare plan to include birth control,, since it goes some's religious beliefs!!!

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Yes, I do know about that, and we are participating,
In addition, the Becket Fund has called for this:

I just wanted to drop you a quick note so you could clear June 8th on your calendar.

That’s the date for the next Stand Up for Religious Freedom Rally. Rally locations are being added all the time, but I do know that there will be events all across the country on June 8th and all rallies will begin at noon, local time.

In fact, there are 137 rallies being planned in 47 states right now. Click here to see if your town is on the list yet. And, keep checking as the list is constantly being updated!

In March, more than 63,000 Americans turned up at the first Religious Freedom Rallies in over 140 towns and cities. Will you be there on June 8th to stand up for freedom in the next round?

standupforreligiousfreedom.com...

Our group will be attending our state June 8th event. The link above lists the cities and states that will be holding rallies on June 8th.

Peace, my friend.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by dawnstar
reply to post by OccamsRazor04

which, again, according to some, would be unconstitutional for any gov't run healthcare plan to include birth control,, since it goes some's religious beliefs!!!

Wrong, as it would be the Government supplying it. This is how every other western nation does it without the Catholic church making a fuss. What we have now is the Government telling the church to provide it, that is unconstitutional.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join