It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yes We (still) Can?

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by LastProphet527
can I ask what does kool-aid have to do with this thread,is it because obama is black?

oh boy! The race card. LastProphet ... haven't you ever heard of Jonestown and how all the cultists drank the poisoned koolaide there? THAT is what it is all about when someone says that people are being sheeple and 'drinking the koolaide'. It has NOTHING to do with skin color. Google up Jonestown and The People's Temple. Read up. You'll see what why there is a reference to koolaide and people being cultists... cultists to the point of hurting themselves.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 06:38 AM
link   
reply to post by seabag

I'm sure you know a tone about politics with your catchy propaganda video's and such, if I were to ask you what an HR is, you'd say?

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 07:15 AM
link   
I didn't vote for obama. I voted for the American. Many of my friends who were stupid enough to buy o's slick PR are singing the blues now. Hope they sing that tune all the way to the voting booth and vote out obama. Couldn't stand another 4 years of him destroying the country.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 07:29 AM
link   
lol at people blaming the politicians where we were the ones who voted these idiots in office

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 07:34 AM
link   
It ain't just Obama. Our history shows us two things when it comes to major policy change (real change) and whoever is President. It does not matter which side is in power. Whether Republican or Democrat there is never, ever major policy change. It simply carries over into the next cycle.

Did Obama change anything about the Patriot Act? No, Has he in fact stopped the wars? No, Has he created an atmosphere for jobs to be created? No, Did he close Quantanimo? No, I could go on & on & on and fill the whole page up. Then I could do the same for Bush when he took over for Clinton & then the same for Clinton when he took over from Papa Bush. etc,etc,etc,

That in itself shows we are'nt being lead by who we elect to office. The men & women behind the curtain are the real power. TPTB.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 07:57 AM
link   
4 years of lies and broken promises? Question for the OP......what exactly has Obama done that EVERY other President before him has not done? HELLO! every President gives us 4 years of lies and broken promises. Name one. I'll bet you can not. If the bi partisan bickering does not stop with us the people then we can not expect it to stop with Washington. They are all cut from the same cloth Democrat or Republican.
edit on 5/22/2012 by CaptGizmo because: (no reason given)

edit on 5/22/2012 by CaptGizmo because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 08:03 AM
link   
problem is the republican party wants their puppet boy romney to have the nomination, and if thats the case im going to have to vote for obama, lesser of the two evils as far as im concerned.

If paul somehow manages to get the nomination then he will be getting my vote.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by braindeadconservatives

And who signed it? You do realize that the President has to sign it before it's approved right? Not to mention NDRP. Where the gov. now at any time can take all natural resources, even for a non-emergency situation. Not only that but they can also make you a worker with no compensation. Obama is turning this country into 1984.

I'm not sure how a Obama supporter justify s NDAA, SOPA and the all EO's Obama has signed. National Security? Right, against the terrorists. The terrorists. You know, we haven't had a terrorist attack in about 11 years. I think the Patriot Act is working. Those damn terrorists. They are everywhere.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Ron Paul or bust for me...

you can figure out why..

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by abecedarian

Originally posted by abecedarian
Why is it that Democrats nearly always refer to themselves as "Democratic"?

Apparently, to piss you off. Democrats have not absconded with the word "democratic". It's an adjective. "Democratic" (capital D) is the adjective for the political party. Democrat is the noun. Democratic still means what it always has.
The word Republican covers both the adjective AND the noun. Like the word "Dairy". You can be talking about a dairy cow (adjective) or you can talk about the dairy down the road (noun), where dairy cows live.

The people of the Republican party are Republicans. The people who belong to the Democratic party are Democrats. But you're free to use whatever language makes you feel best. Democrats have not stolen the word "marriage", the word "Christmas" or the word "Democratic".

reply to post by seabag

Originally posted by seabag
What has Obama fixed in your life?

Um... I wasn't waiting around for Obama to fix my life. Who are you hoping will "fix" yours?

Having said that, I generally agree with Obama's policies and direction for the country. I understand not everyone wants to go in the direction he's headed, but many do.
There are many things he's done, is doing and is trying to get done (barring Republican obstructionism) that I agree with. It's really simple. No big revelation. People are voting for him because they want him to be president again.
edit on 5/22/2012 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   
I should run for president under the name of Rickymouse. I could probably win the election just by gaining the votes of those who aren't satisfied with either party. I would take no campaign contributions so I would not owe my soul to anyone other than the American people. I wouldn't need any money for advertising so I wouldn't have to make up any lies.

First thing I would do is design a law to give presidential candidates a limit on their expenditures during their campaigning. Second I would limit the campaigning to two months before the election and another month for selecting a party candidate. Third I would try to get all congress to stop badmouthing each other in public. That is the most idiotic Soapy practice that they have adopted. Most congressmen are not angels. We elect congress to work together to do what is best for the citizens of the country. Businesses are important and I believe that corporations could and would follow the laws governing them if laws were created to govern them. Our laws have many loopholes that allow the greedy to pay less taxes. Businesses don't need high taxes but we should tax the owners personal income they get off their business. The upper management of businesses is getting too big, they gobble up the money. The advertisement that companies use also brings up costs to consumers. Who really pays for the campaign contributions, the consumer does because each sale has a little added to pay for lobbyists and contributions. Another big compounding problem.

So vote for Rickymouse in the next election. I'll be voting for someone else myself so I doubt if I get one vote. I was born in America so I have many skeletons in my closet. I use all those bones to know how others see things. Wow, I'm starting to think like a politician, next thing I gotta do is learn how to be a Wizard.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by seabag
I must admit that he was very appealing during the 2008 campaign.

surely, the divine presidency of george bush had nothing to with obama's "appeal".

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Yes I'm still voting for Obama. Here's why. I fundamentally agree with him on many things including social issues and policy, economic policy, taxes, etc. Pretty much across the board.

I don't want handouts and don't qualify for handouts.

While I don't agree with Obama on continuing the patriot act or signing the defense bill with indefinite detention I also recognize that he is but 1/3 of our government. Only an ignorant individual can blame everything on 1/3 of the government.

I also recognize the things he's done right (in my opinion): stimulating the economy through work projects, cutting out the middleman in student loans, killing Bin laden and successfully keeping the country safe for 4 years, healing stressed relationships with other countries, helping nationalize romneycare, delivering much needed healthcare to those who can't afford it (and saving us money by not filling up emergency rooms).

The alternative is Romney who seems to represent free market, trickle down policies, deregulation, and corporate America. I don't believe a free market will ever work. I think that trickle down economics is cool-aid for the masses, I believe that we need more regulation so we can prevent to-big-to-fail companies from taking giant risks with our economy, and protect our environment from those who would profit from it's destruction, and I believe that allowing the corporate markets to influence legislation is a severe conflict of interest (not that Obama isn't doing this as well).

So there you have it.

Obama 2012

edit on 22-5-2012 by brianmg5 because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-5-2012 by brianmg5 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   
OK, so the present leadership seems to suck. What do you hang your hat on? If you believe in any of the other candidates, you are as blind as those you are throwing barbs at, as well as being self delusional. I would suggest turning off the tv, go into the woods and live you life minus any input, then come back with a fresh mind.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by braindeadconservatives

Not at all true - - it is a myth that Clinton had a surplus. The National Debt went up every year under Clinton. It was some tricky accounting that made it look like he had a balanced budget. Public Debt went down under his presidency, but the National Debt definitely did not. If the National Debt goes up, math won't allow you to be running a surplus - - it just doesn't work that way.

Clinton's presidency featured the dot com bubble where life was good for many people prior to that popping. Much like life was good for many under Bush during the housing bubble. Boom and bust baby...then bailout - - that is the mantra of our government - - doesn't matter if its a Dem or Rep.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

I can't help it-I love the frog and your avatar. Great stuff. The frog especially with his winky eye. I needed a little humor this morning, and that did it!

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Destiny10
reply to post by SaturnFX

I can't help it-I love the frog and your avatar. Great stuff. The frog especially with his winky eye. I needed a little humor this morning, and that did it!

its not a frog...
its hypnotoad!

All glory to the hypnotoad!

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
Obama is the only person in this candidate that either isn't a fairy tale or not completely owned by a very few narrow corporate interests. Sorry, but thems the facts. now, spin away.

Reall!? "Thems the facts"??? Why? Because you said so?

It looks like you are living a fairy tale. Obama is a.) a liar, b.) a fabrication (fairytale) and c.) OWNED by many special interest groups. Are you even paying attention or just shilling for the 2-party dichotomy.

Romney and Obama - different sides of the same coin. It's time to turn this currency in for some new currency!

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by A-Dub
problem is the republican party wants their puppet boy romney to have the nomination, and if thats the case im going to have to vote for obama, lesser of the two evils as far as im concerned.

If paul somehow manages to get the nomination then he will be getting my vote.

OR... you could write in Ron Paul and STOP the madness!

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   
RON PAUL - is the only chance that WtP have.

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join