It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yes We (still) Can?

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

All I know is that I'm not voting Republican this time again. I voted Republican many times in the past and saw what they did to this countries Economy.

How’d McCain do for you???

Oh wait…Obama won!

How’d he do for you? How'd he do for your country?

Sure they cut government programs and lowered taxes but then increased spending to private contractors which was unfunded. The Government as a whole hid their spending with krafty paperwork. Creating paperwork to hide things has been used for a long time.

I agree! There aren’t many differences besides those you named.

I saw good in Englers in Michigan but he took it too far creating a state that had no reserve money. Now our roads are falling apart because they were neglected for years. Engler wound up being the worst Governor our state had. Granholm wasn't much better though, selling out the citizens to the Big banks by passing laws that made high interest rate unsecured credit able to go after peoples homes. What were the banks getting high rates on credit cards for, I thought it was because of risk. The Banks need to refund all interest in excess of eight percent to the cardholders since the law was passed or that law needs to be repealed because it is illegal.

The banks need to get the HELL OUT OF POLITICS!!! The special interests have killed our vote. We need to get back to our constitution…we need to rid this country of corruption and the corrupt two-party system that we’ve long since outgrown.

Change needs to happen…we can agree on that!

OBAMA ISN’T THE ANSWER...that I KNOW!!!

edit on 21-5-2012 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous404
reply to post by abecedarian

I agree. It's ironic and annoying. I don't support Obama.

Well, there you go, using your brain. And I don't mean that in a demeaning way: it's encouraging to see someone willing to break out from the crowd.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   
I've decided not to read through 15 pages of this. Have I missed much? Maybe.

I just wanted to share:

"Yes We (still) Can?"

I can't speak for ALL of WE, and to be totally honest most of WE seems pretty damn nuts.

So maybe on many issues there is no WE... just me.

So: Yes I Can & Yes I Do

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by LilDudeissocool

Originally posted by LastProphet527

Originally posted by AshleyD
reply to post by LastProphet527

'Drinking the kool aid' is a decades-old expression meaning to follow something with unyielding support.

www.urbandictionary.com...

It stems from this tragedy:

en.wikipedia.org...

It's not race-related

OK,thanks for the clarification,i will except that..i guess!

You guess?
www.x-entertainment.com...

Real funny little dude,lol

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by ILikeStars

I've decided not to read through 15 pages of this. Have I missed much? Maybe.

I just wanted to share:

"Yes We (still) Can?"

I can't speak for ALL of WE, and to be totally honest most of WE seems pretty damn nuts.

So maybe on many issues there is no WE... just me.

So: Yes I Can & Yes I Do

Love ya, Stars! And I appreciate your service to our country!

So you “still can,” huh? WHY?

What has Obama fixed in your life?

What has he fixed for our country?

What policies drive your vote?

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by LilDudeissocool

Originally posted by AshleyD
reply to post by LastProphet527

'Drinking the kool aid' is a decades-old expression meaning to follow something with unyielding support.

www.urbandictionary.com...

It stems from this tragedy:

en.wikipedia.org...

It's not race-related

OK,thanks for the clarification,i will except that..i guess!

You guess?
www.x-entertainment.com...

Real funny little dude,lol

Actually...

That was hillarious!!

BAHhahahahah!

He linked you to YOUR reality!

!!!!
edit on 21-5-2012 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

The whole system is screwed up. Promises are made to congressmen that are never kept by businesses to try to straighten out the Economy. The contributions they give put congressmen in debt to the contributers. I am a small businessman and have always leaned towards Republicans in the past but about eight years ago something changed rapidly in the Republican party and they quit listening to the people.

I think some regulations are ridiculous and some are necessary. I also know there are many good big companies out there with loyalty to America's people. Trouble is that the companies fighting the hardest for deregulation are the most crooked and destructive ones. What happened to the common sense in America.
edit on 21-5-2012 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

The whole system is screwed up. Promises are made to congressmen that are never kept by businesses to try to straighten out the Economy. The contributions they give put congressmen in debt to the contributers.

I’m with you so far…that’s cronyism…government in bed with corporations…been going on for decades…BAD!

I am a small businessman and have always leaned towards Republicans in the past but about eight years ago something changed rapidly in the Republican party and they quit listening to the people. I think some regulations are ridiculous and some are necessary. I also know there are many good big companies out there with loyalty to America's people.

I’m also a small businessman (small business employee AND owner) and I’m with you still; the atmosphere changed.

Trouble is that the companies fighting the hardest for deregulation are the most crooked and destructive ones. What happened to the common sense in America.

I think we both know the answer…the two parties COMPLETELY merged into two heads of a single NWO dragon; both sides are fighting for the same agenda.

I don’t know exactly what their agenda is but I know it’s not good for you or me!

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Wow, creepy with the brainwashed celebrities pledging an oath to their Marxist Prez. Eeek! Why does Hollywood relate to this Orwellian thing?

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Sorry for the confusion. I don't plan on voting for Obama. I don't plan of voting for Romney or any other candidate either. I sincerely don't think it matters much. I also sincerely believe Obama will be serving another term, and I think it is already decided.

My Yes I Can & Yes I Do statement was in reference to personal accountability, and my personal reluctance to be personally responsible for the action and behaviors of ALL of the rest of WE.

Since Nixon we have had how many Democratic Terms of Office holding the White House?

Three, right? Carter, Clinton & Clinton, right?
edit on 22-5-2012 by ILikeStars because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

Wow, creepy with the brainwashed celebrities pledging an oath to their Marxist Prez. Eeek! Why does Hollywood relate to this Orwellian thing?

Because they are part of the elite (at least in their own minds). The people that have the MOST money are the one’s Obama appeals to, which is why the criticism of Romney is so hypocritical.

Last I checked Hollywood wasn’t enamored with Romney!

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Actually government in bed with corporations is called fascism. It is alive and well in the USA.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by ILikeStars
reply to post by seabag

Sorry for the confusion. I don't plan on voting for Obama. I don't plan of voting for Romney or any other candidate either. I sincerely don't think it matters much. I also sincerely believe Obama will be serving another term, and I think it is already decided.

My Yes I Can & Yes I Do statement was in reference to personal accountability, and my personal reluctance to be personally responsible for the action and behaviors of ALL of the rest of WE.

Since Nixon we have had how many Democratic Terms of Office holding the White House?

Three, right? Carter, Clinton & Clinton, right?
edit on 22-5-2012 by ILikeStars because: (no reason given)

"WE"

is a plutocratic assembly

www.hermes-press.com...

That sails the Enterprise flagged with a Jolly Roger i258.photobucket.com...

The mission objective is to profiteer off "the people" so why let a little thing like a democratic republic get in the way? As long as people don't vote it wont. So plutocrats row row the economy and turn the the world into "Black"beard's "gold." Shore is just a few more strokes away for them. There they will bury the last of the stolen booty just beyond the beach out of anyone's reach in the vegetation completely out of sight beneath a hedge... fund. That's a completely nontransparent hedge fund that can pack super packs with unlimited amounts of cash.

As long as you and others don't vote, don't organize, don't get politically active everything should go as the plutocrats have planned all along. Fleecing you!

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Yes we can!

Here are some facts.

Obama received 69,456,897 votes and McCain received 59,934,814 votes

2008 presidential election Wiki

On average only 61.6% of legal, voting age Americans voted.

United States Elections Project

These are the facts. There is no reason to complain about history after its been set in stone. If you want to make a change, the real world market is right in front of you. Talk to your friends and family.

61% of Americans voted to directly affect 100% of Americans. People need to get off their butts and vote for what they think is proper.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 02:13 AM
link   
No, we can't and never could.I see that a good portion of you all are taking big drink of the left/right kool-aid.Looks like Obama is doing the job that every US president has done since LBJ divide and conquer keep the infighting going.I will give the people who control both parties credit they have effectively tapped into the sports-fan mentality that many in this nation bring into every aspect of their lives.It has effectively crippled the political process to the point where the people who really care want no part of it due to the pro-wrestling atmosphere of our elections.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by seabag
He would be better than Obama

There. That's what I'm talking about. No he wouldn't. He's cut from the same cloth. People can (and do) squabble all day long about tax cuts, illegal immigration, gay marriage, and the little differences between the right and left. While they're squabbling, we continue our imperialistic foreign policy, continue to allow the central banks to destroy our middle class, and continue to forfeit our civil liberties, whether the president is a republican or a democrat. There won't be a currency or a country left to worry about any of these little issues that, when compared to the truly pressing matters, are utterly irrelevant.

I know that ultimately you know all of this - so don't bother pointing that out - and yes, you've expressed disdain for both candidates. I agree. But you've revealed yourself enough throughout your comments. Continuously, albeit passively, saying how Romney would be a better option.. posting ridiculously vague and poorly written anti-Obama anecdotes which one member humorously described as 'grandma chain-mail' or something to that effect, the kind of stuff you only get from stupidly bias republican circles. Look, it's not a huge deal.. to be hung up on the right/left thing. I'm not attacking ideologies either, as I would consider myself to be right-leaning. I'm just saying trust me, Romney will be no different. And that DOESN'T mean re-elect Obama. It just means figure something else out. Write-in Ron Paul. Don't vote. Vote Gary Johnson. I don't know, just don't go in there thinking that Romney will be even a shred better.

Here... let me just put it in a question:

Why, seabag, would Romney be any better than Obama?

edit on 22-5-2012 by bacci0909 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 02:35 AM
link   

I think we both know the answer…the two parties COMPLETELY merged into two heads of a single NWO dragon; both sides are fighting for the same agenda.

I don’t know exactly what their agenda is but I know it’s not good for you or me!

Yeah, exactly.. but then why do you think Romney will be better?

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 04:58 AM
link   
first video fine. Second video...this is where I get off the train. Hillary Clinton? President? A better choice? I would rather have 4 more years of Bush AND Obama than to let that feminist monster run our country. Any man who wants to remain a man better not vote for her because she will effectively KILL all MANkind. Women many fall for her crap simply because they are women, but she is a female devil and is no better than the others. She has a history of corruption 10 miles long. She will make change alright....for the worst! Worse than it is now even.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 05:20 AM
link   

reply to post by abecedarian

I must admit that he was very appealing during the 2008 campaign. He even appealed to me on a few issues (only a few) and I’m a conservative (he promised to balance the budget and cut wasteful spending
). I can see how people got caught up in the hype.

I don't know how anyone could have believed a word of his campaign. He was going to do this and he was going to do that, but never even hinted as to HOW. Without the "how" talk is just empty rhetoric and unfortunately we're stuck with two 2012 candidates with nothing to offer but empty rhetoric.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 05:49 AM
link   

Yes We (still) Can?

No .. with Obama it is ... 'no we never could'.

Originally posted by SaturnFX
I would rather have 4 more years of Obama breaking promises, than 4 years of the right keeping their promises.

What's the difference?

Obama and his ineptitude and broken promises or Romney and his lack of experience and inevitable broken promises? Can you honestly tell me any big difference between the administration of Bush43 (especially the last 2 years) and Obama? Well .. except that Obama is racist ... other than that ...

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join