It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who Here Is CPR Certified?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   
CPR and First Aid level two.

Although if you are a Banker i will let you die and steal your wallet...say hello to Satan you douche !

If on the other hand you are a normal human, i would be happy to save your life and not steal your wallet.

Karma.

Cosmic..

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   
I am fully trained and certified in CPR/First aid, the problem is they keep changing various methods of different things every 5 bloody minutes (slight exaggeration, but you know what I mean)!

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by therealdemoboy

I work for the government, it's mandatory for all employees so I have to retake the whole deal every 2 years, with a 1 year refresher

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   
20 years certified cpr (not currently though) and Wilderness First Aid certification with a focus on Offshore Emergency Medicine. (also expired ha ha ha) I still remember....

I highly recommend CPR training and at least basic first aid to everyone. You never know when you may be a first responder some day either in your own home or out in public...

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by therealdemoboy

I am in both humans and animals..........but please don't ask me to CPR your pet alligator.

Have done about 100+ Code Blues and have a pretty good track record.

Usually with a heart attack, when someone goes, they are gone, you can almost feel if you're going to get them back or not.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   
It should almost be a requirement for kids in school so it slowly just becomes a basic skill in all of us. It is kind of a crash course though. Adults, babies and animals are all different methods and a lot to master in only 2 weekends. EMT school was very difficult. You better have a very solid foundation in anatomy

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by therealdemoboy

The classes actually are useful just because of the practical experience of pushing on the dummy. It takes more pressure than one would imagine, and you get tired much faster than one would imagine. Everyone ought to try it out on the dummy at least once before they need the real skills.

Agreed. If you've never done it, you would be really surprised at the effort that it takes in just a short period of time.

Agree as well. I also think that practicing on the child/infant dummy is super important, because it feels a lot different from doing it on an adult. The internet is a great tool, but practice is better!

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by grubblesnert

Ah yes, thank you. AED machine.

When I took the wilderness first aid course with the scouts, one scenario they presented involved a bike crash where one biker was told to act angry as if he wanted to kill the other. I had to physically restrain him on the deck. Fortunately I had a few classes to learn how to do that. He is so surprised, hey, wow, I can't move at all.

Crazy courses...

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join