It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should we impeach Bush if he wins

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 02:30 AM
link   
If Bush wins the election should we impeach him because of his screw up on Iraq I mean really Tony Blair is in hot water with his bosses and country why shouldn't we punish Bush after all he defied the UN in someways didnt he That punishment issue is not what is in the news because of the election coverage but I think we need to do something even if we have to take care of it in his civilian life he should loose his pension and retirement or be impeached cause he screwed this bigtime

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 02:33 AM
link   
Scared words of a true Kerry supporter. Guess what...Kerry is going to lose.

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 02:43 AM
link   
I am a dyed in the wool Republican and after this evenings debate I feel our Commander in Chief's days are numbered. I now agree that President Bush mislead this country.

It pains me to take such a position.

[edit on 1-10-2004 by spud602]

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 02:48 AM
link   
I disaprove of Kerry more than you know I find no reasonable explanation for the opinion I have to be other wise but Im watching and may swing that way if he can prove to me I can intrust him with my vote.....but I know one thing for sure if it came down to it I would rather not have either of them

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 02:59 AM
link   
i don't think we should impeach him because i like him. I believe he has his faults but i dont link them to iraq. i agree with the war personally but i wish the candidates would talk about border patrol and illegal immigrants. I would think that would be a huge topic especially with the war on terror but it's not. There are way too many people coming into our country illegally and unaccounted for. but anyways, as a 1st year college student that supports bush, i was a little dissapointed with his debating tonight. It wasnt neccesarily his responses because i know what he stands for already but more of the way he looked while Kerry was speaking, he looked really annoyed and at times a bit angry. i kept thinking NO! NO! stand still look over at him and smile or something! but i guess he was a bit on the defensive tonight. hopefully he will do better at the next one. either way i still support him. and with this year being the first time i get a chance to vote there is just no way i could vote for kerry.

But may the best man for the job win.

DIGITALGRL

[edit on 1-10-2004 by DigitalGrl]

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 03:03 AM
link   
digitalgrl

I noticed that it only occurs very rarely that illegal crossings are a problem when someone specifically asks and that scares me anyone can just pop in drop a bomb in a mall trash can and walk away and there would be no tracking them because they would check out as not on file in our country
scary stuff

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 03:05 AM
link   
Your damned right he should be impeached. If for nothing else, lying about his connections to Kenneth Lay, let alone his mandating false intelligence on Iraq and Afghanistan to justify an illegal war. Violating geneva conventions, pushing unconstitutional laws, good lord don't me started. His career should have ended in Texas when he publicly mocked a handicapped death row inmate, or his funeral home scandal, or when he lied about his arrests and national guard service. Yeah he might win the election, but it won't be becuase he got voted in (again). Screw the Bush family, look up Prescott Bush or the Walker family, learn where the little bast*rd's money comes from. Let's not forget his dad's achievements either, like, did you know that the Hinkley Family and the Bush family were tight? The Bush family has been involved in criminal activities since the 40's. He bashes Kerry's war record, yet that little turd was snorting coc aine, and drinking like a fish, not showing up for Reserve duty while others took bullets. And Mrs. Bush ain't Queen Wonderful either, check out what happened to her in high school, apparently her ex-boyfriend had a little run in with her that killed him. Screw the Bush family, there is more blood on their hands than any other administration in history of the US. Not to mention he is a blithering idiot. Impeach him, yeah, but I'd say make him answerable to the world court and see what Hague has to say about his occupation of Iraq and Afghanistan.

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 03:09 AM
link   
yes I know that Bushes grandfather was confronted for using his wealth to support the nazis during the war and even with congressional directive to stop it didnt thats a sad thing when you consider all thre of these bush dingle berries have screwed up very bad in such a short time and they seem to get away with it

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 03:12 AM
link   
Forgetting anything else, just this administrations links to the oil and arms trades should be seen as a 'conflict of interests' , and when you look at the foreign policy of this president it is funny how it benefits both of those industries. Maybe he should be impeached so that those who gave their lives for the pipeline inf Afghanistan and the valuble foothold in Iraq will have justice.

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 03:17 AM
link   
not just in afghanastan but every place including the inocent victims caught in the middle I mean for heavens sake one such death was a reporter doing a live feed and I watched in horror as one of our own helo's blew hits guts out on live tv sickning that Bushes wreckless behaior has caused so much pain for meaningless gain

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 03:37 AM
link   
But whether or not we should, it'll be next to impossible to actually do it, Kerry's best hope is to win the election, the Democrats will never win with an underhanded trick like that

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 03:39 AM
link   
underhanded is a polite way of saying it lol

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 04:08 AM
link   
impeach the whole freakin government!!! bush/kerry nothing more then sophisticaed yale educated muppets. not quite a mop, not a quite a puppet, but man.... they are dumb. all they do is spout the same ol rehashed pro-govt/nwo rhetoric. they are set up to get us to pick sides, and not loook at the roots of the real problematic issues. when we can find the root of the problem is when we can fix it, and fixing the problem would mean rooting out our current compartmentalized laborynthial pro-coorperate military industrial complex. the multitude of problems and unanswered questions go forgoten. are lost in the redundant distraction that plague the fragile hearts and minds of our noble peoples. the sophisticated media sponsorship of the whole matter is constantly directing us all to stick our heads in the sand. there is a plethora of information and ignorance abolishing material out there for you. open your mind, see how far the rabbit hole goes. you will be astonished. have a good day

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 04:34 AM
link   
It only takes one representative to draft the articles of impeachment, and what, three to sponsor it? I don't remember the numbers but it isn't that far feteched, at least in regards to getting it that far, the trick is getting the vote of the members, for that, sadly the media has to play along with it to generate public support. I sent an email to my Rep. and got an email back from the House Mailer that had a back door trojan attached to it. How's that for congressional support of the populace?

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 04:51 AM
link   
see what i mean man they are all corupt. that blasted spyware is them telling us resistance is futile

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 10:16 AM
link   
there is noone to resist if they arent there to be resisted so I agree get rid of all those anal retentive chair orniments and sell the chairs to pay off our debts

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by drbryankkruta
If Bush wins the election should we impeach him because of his screw up on Iraq

Aren't you the same guy recommending that the US 'nuke the mountains'
www.abovetopsecret.com...
yep, looks like it. seems rather inconsistent to say bush screwd up iraq but that 'nuking mountains' is a good idea.

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Not really I just want to end what he bungeled and got us into through his rush to be the white knight of the world .....our boys dont need to die because of political BS and the quicker we end it the better i didnt want this war but I damn sure want to finish it

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by drbryankkruta
If Bush wins the election should we impeach him because of his screw up on Iraq

Unfortunately impeachment of President Bush would never pass the Republican Controlled Congress.

� 702. Resolution; Probability; Notification.

(1) Impeachment proceedings must be initiated by a resolution of Congress. An impeachment resolution:

(a) Shall state that the Congress has found that it is probable that the accused official committed an act of treason, bribery, or conduct involving corruption in office;

(b) Shall plainly describe each alleged instance of treason, bribery, or conduct involving corruption in office for which the Congress has made a finding of probability; and

(c) Shall provide or state the location of documentary evidence of each alleged instance of treason, bribery, or conduct involving corruption in office for which Congress has made a finding of probability.

(2) For purposes of this section, it is probable that an act occurred if it is more likely than not that the act occurred.

(3) A finding of probability in an impeachment resolution shall not be subject to judicial review.

(4) An affirmative vote of two-thirds of the Members of Congress is required to pass an impeachment resolution.

(5) If Congress passes an impeachment resolution, the Speaker shall notify the accused official and present him with a copy of the resolution.

www.fsmlaw.org...

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by kinglizard
(a) Shall state that the Congress has found that it is probable that the accused official committed an act of treason, bribery, or conduct involving corruption in office;
(b) Shall plainly describe each alleged instance of treason, bribery, or conduct involving corruption in office for which the Congress has made a finding of probability; and
(c) Shall provide or state the location of documentary evidence of each alleged instance of treason, bribery, or conduct involving corruption in office for which Congress has made a finding of probability.

Where does high crimes and misdemeanors come into it?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join