It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Diablo III - Thoughts after Completion on Normal

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaMod
reply to post by muzzleflash

When you die you respawn from the last checkpoint... Thank god for this as I would have been so screwed a few times.

Do you lose your body and have to go find it like in D2?

Or just full respawn with your gear on you still?

You guys are making me want to get that game the way you are talking about it.

I did just get this new comp 2 weeks ago just for this reason so...

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash

reply to post by muzzleflash

When you die you respawn from the last checkpoint... Thank god for this as I would have been so screwed a few times.

Do you lose your body and have to go find it like in D2?

Or just full respawn with your gear on you still?

You guys are making me want to get that game the way you are talking about it.

I did just get this new comp 2 weeks ago just for this reason so...

You respawn with your gear
But you take a penalty of -10% in your durability for everything

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by DrNotforhire

Well sorry to burst your bubble but every single Diablo game ever made moved with the left click....

I'm sorry you feel that way... I played wow for a long time.. the big game before that was Diablo II.. and to be honest I had more fun on D2 (before all the hacked weapons and duped sojs thing started happening.) than I ever did on wow and I played wow for a looooooooooooong time.
edit on 21-5-2012 by DaMod because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by DaMod

the last one I played was in 1998... The graphics for D3 looks like Castle Crashers....

Sorry this game is just not fun to me... and im not the only one that shares the sentiment, I was SO pumped for it too... But it has failed me in so many ways

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   

That's fine.. If you don't like it you don't like it.. but out of curiosity how far did you get?

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Got D3, but it is clunky. Got a modern laptop, dual core, 4gb ram, 650 gb hd. What gives? It plays StarCraft 2 flawlessly, but I'm wondering wth is going on with D3. Only Lvl 2 so far!

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   

That's fine.. If you don't like it you don't like it.. but out of curiosity how far did you get?

ACT 3!

Yeah man, I dont want to hurt your feelings (we are talking in chat about it now)

it's just not the same I guess..

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Druid42
Got D3, but it is clunky. Got a modern laptop, dual core, 4gb ram, 650 gb hd. What gives? It plays StarCraft 2 flawlessly, but I'm wondering wth is going on with D3. Only Lvl 2 so far!

What settings are you trying to run?
Trying to do it on wireless?
What gfx card is in your laptop?

Make sure anti-aliasing is turned off as it uses lots of resources for very little visual gain, try er out

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by AzureSky

No wireless. I'm wired on a network. The laptop has a Pentium P6100 processor, and Intel HD graphics built in. I checked on the Blizzard site, and my card should be supported. I've run dxdiag, and have version 8.15.10.2622 of the driver, 1755 mb for video. I'm running dx11.

I'll try killing anti alias. Any other suggestions will be appreciated.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Druid42
reply to post by AzureSky

No wireless. I'm wired on a network. The laptop has a Pentium P6100 processor, and Intel HD graphics built in. I checked on the Blizzard site, and my card should be supported. I've run dxdiag, and have version 8.15.10.2622 of the driver, 1755 mb for video. I'm running dx11.

I'll try killing anti alias. Any other suggestions will be appreciated.

Yeah, thats not bad but its not the best ever, start tweaking some of the graphics settings in game, they might just be a little too high for what the integrated can do effectively.

I lurve my desktop :3

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Did tweaks, nothing works.

I made a new thread for anyone having troubles with D3.

Diablo 3 Troubleshooting, choppiness, and lag.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by DaMod

It was epic
. Worthy of the series. Wished it was a little longer but that's ok. lots of side content. Cant wait for expansion and PVP content ^.^

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Im palying through nightmare mode and ive already lost my interest. if it wasnt for friends, i would of wanted my $60 back

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Well.... I finally bought a computer that is capable of playing Diablo 3 and am now in act four as a lev 37 demon hunter.
This game imo may be one of the best ever made.
Great story line and cut scenes are fantastic , and the game play is fun.
That to me is really the bottom line .
It is fun

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 09:43 AM
link   
I played through all 3 diablo games I wasn't a fan of Diablo 3 on my pc. When it came out for the console I picked it up for my ps3 and found it much more enjoyable with a controller. I played through as a demon hunter, after unlocking rapid fire they definitely are op. I found the boss fights more engaging and interesting than in previous titles. The fight with with Azmodan in act two reminded me a lil of god of war. The dodge mechanic was a nice enhancement as well. The maps and dungeons felt smaller and the overall game shorter than previous titles. Good game overall but for the length of time between D2 and D3 it could have been better. I still play D2 once in a while as a druid, would really like to see a similar class in D3 perhaps with another expansion.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 01:14 AM
link   
It would be considered a better game if Path of Exile didn't exist

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Ok , well I have played through with my monk and demon hunter and with the addition of act five and the rift adventure mode the game rocks.

Some of the things that I really like are the ability to change skills at any time and the shared chest that all characters on a account can use.
Coming soon will be the ability to follow a treasure goblin into a special land .
edit on 18-8-2014 by bluemooone2 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join