It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Question for James Oberg, Karl 12, Kandinsky, Gortex and IsaacKoi

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Hello all,

back in 2009 ATS had a very interesting thread going, called "A Question for Phage, Internos, Chadwickus and Easynow..".
It can be found here

Although I was not the originator I would like to do a second part so to speak, and adress a question or two to James Oberg, Karl 12, Kandinsky, Gortex and IsaacKoi

The questions I would like to ask:

Have you ever seen something flying that you could not come up with a logical explanation for and that remains unidentified to you?

If so, are you willing to share your experience with us?

If not, what led you here, do you consider Ufos a real phenomenon, and if you do, is it earthly or from outside?

And for all, do you consider alien visitation a possibility, a probability or maybe even a reality?

It would be awesome and very much appreciated if the members in question could find the time to participate.

To all other members, of course you're invited to participate as well.
If you take part please meet other peoples opinion with respect, no matter if you like it or not. It won't get you hurt, I promise. Thank you.

I'm really looking forward to your replies, hopefully there will be any at all

Kind regards,

derpif

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by derpif

nicely targeted questions

I cam here to jump on IsaacKoi penis and say how much hes underrated on here

There's a small few people still around who I do weekly checks on to see if iv missed any threads, and IsaacKoi is one of them

edit on 21-5-2012 by n00bUK because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Bear in mind that the US government actively disinforms data regarding UFO sightings and it is entirely possible that there may be people who are members of this site who are here just for that purpose...
edit on 21-5-2012 by TheFlash because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by TheFlash

Im with flash mate. debunkers are here and they aren't all clean.

OP Great questions will be watching closely to see what the outcome S & F.
Lets hear it james xD

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   
S&F for you. Interests me as well and I agree also with Flash. No doubt that we also have some disinfo agents not just on ATS but across the forums on the web.

But we have to be careful in labeling members as such, as there is not any physical proof of that, imo.

StringTh

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   
I'm of the opinion that the establishment doesn't need to employ disinformation agents, there's enough people that are genuinely skeptical without having to be payed.

Just wanted to put that out there, accusing people of being disinformation agents only serves to undermine the subject in my opinion.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheLaughingGod
I'm of the opinion that the establishment doesn't need to employ disinformation agents, there's enough people that are genuinely skeptical without having to be payed.

Just wanted to put that out there, accusing people of being disinformation agents only serves to undermine the subject in my opinion.

No one accused anyone. The point that was made was to be aware of the possibility. If you are not aware of obvious government cover-ups then ask for some details or research it yourself. One example - why doesn't the US Army have a single document pertaining to the activities they clearly had there in Roswell for recovering the object found in the 1940's? "Lost records"?

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Just a quick reminder, Phage did not contribute even a single line to that thread. Maybe you can add him again in your title. Just a thought.

StringTh

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by TheLaughingGod

There have been NO accusations at all? what makes you think that we are accusing anyone? we simply stated that among De-bunkers it wouldn't be too far out there to say that some could be out there debunking purely to stop information from spreading and it would also not be too far out that these people could be working for a government.

I mean my god...

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by derpif
Hello all,

back in 2009 ATS had a very interesting thread going, called "A Question for Phage, Internos, Chadwickus and Easynow..".
It can be found here

Although I was not the originator I would like to do a second part so to speak, and adress a question or two to James Oberg, Karl 12, Kandinsky, Gortex and IsaacKoi

The questions I would like to ask:

Have you ever seen something flying that you could not come up with a logical explanation for and that remains unidentified to you?

If so, are you willing to share your experience with us?

If not, what led you here, do you consider Ufos a real phenomenon, and if you do, is it earthly or from outside?

And for all, do you consider alien visitation a possibility, a probability or maybe even a reality?

It would be awesome and very much appreciated if the members in question could find the time to participate.

To all other members, of course you're invited to participate as well.
If you take part please meet other peoples opinion with respect, no matter if you like it or not. It won't get you hurt, I promise. Thank you.

I'm really looking forward to your replies, hopefully there will be any at all

Kind regards,

derpif

I've addressed these questions at length in my books and on my home page, so what you're asking for is not answers [which already exist, but you seem unable or unwilling to access], but a one-on-one remedial tutorial.

If, after reading what I've already written on exactly these questions, you have questions about it, I'll be happy to follow up.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Interesting thread.

Originally posted by derpif

No. I've never seen anything in person that I could not identify.
I've seen the the ISS orbiting, comets, meteors, meteor showers, bolides, satellites, and even some of the heart wrenching Columbia reentry disaster, numerous satellites in orbit, the regular run of planets, lunar eclipses, solar eclipses, zeppelins, passenger balloons, skydivers, weather balloons, Chinese lanterns, kites, para-sailers, Lenticular cloud formations, Aurora Borealis, St. Elmo's Fire, lots of different sorts of types of lightening associated with weather, plus other meteorological phenomenon.
On top of this, there's a ton of different varieties of aircraft from ultralights, biplanes, helicopters, gyrocopters, and other civilian craft, plus all sorts o military craft, and then RC/drones.

I'm pretty familiar with eye-balling all sorts of stuff in the sky.

Curiosity, and amusement led me to ATS.
I do consider there to be a 'real' phenomenon of SOMETHING going on, but, because none has yet to publicly capture and reveal any such in their butterfly nets yet, no one can accurately say WHAT that something is that is going on.

As big as the universe is, with hundreds of BILLIONS of solar systems in each galaxy, with hundreds of billions of galaxies, I'm quite certain there's enough room in the universe for even hundreds of billions of different intelligent technologically advanced species concurrently sharing the universe.
The very same thing that makes all these other intelligent technologically advanced civilizations possible; a dizzyingly vast universe populated with a dizzyingly vast amount of stars and galaxies, is the very same thing that makes it extremely unlikely and quite improbable that any one intelligent technically advanced civilization concurrently sharing the universe will ever accidentally, or even on purpose bump into another.
The universe is just THAT big.
Further, I mentioned 'concurrently sharing', which brings in the element of TIME. We exist, all of humanity from the dawn of humanity, on a razor thin slice of time in the universe out of Billions of years.
Even if by chance, or on purpose another intelligent technologically advanced civilization wandered through this neighborhood, and even stumbled on this speck of dust we call home, life may have been found, but, with not a bit of a hint of any kind of cognitive reasoning.
Speculation from that point can abound, but, speculation is just that.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by JimOberg

What was it? NASA - Never a straight answer...
Seems to be the same story here haha xD.

We or I Don't want your book... and for god sakes We or I don't want to go from a forum where we ask questions to a website that you say has answers.

Please post your answers here for god sakes if it is that hard just copy and paste what you have there to here. i would like to hear what the ATS community has to say about your story's.
edit on 21-5-2012 by Aarcadius because: typo

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by derpif

Hi derpif
Thanks for including me on your list of illustrious contributors , I feel slightly out of place

Yes , it was probably about seven or eight years ago I saw two triangular shaped lights move across the sky parallel to each other at speed , then they both moved apart then moved back to their original positions , the sighting lasted no longer than 4 or 5 second but it baffled me then and it still does now ...... Oh and they weren't lanterns

What led me here was curiosity and a belief that some UFOs are indeed spaceships piloted by non terrestrial life forms , and that this planet has been regularly visited for centuries .

I still believe UFOs are real and that we have in the past been visited by ET , I have seen no evidence that they are here now nor have they been for a couple of decades , why .... I don't know , maybe they pop in periodically or maybe they just gave up on a lost cause .

Favorite case is still the 1976 Tehran UFO incident ....Pure Gold

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   
From Oberg's website - "Why I do NOT believe in UFOs"

Opinion polls now indicate that most Americans believe "something strange is going on" regarding UFO reports. Oberg explains why he is not convinced of this, but attributes the social phenomenon to cultural patterns, eyewitness limitations, some clever hoaxes, and a news media degenerating into entertainment rather than information and insight. Oberg reviews the history of "flying saucers" and how it fit into Western culture. He discusses how known prosaic stimuli can produce the entire range of classic UFO perceptions. Then he talks about the misuse of hypnosis in extracting false memories from subjects. The question of "secret government interest" is addressed by pointing out that many activities of genuine interest to government agencies are often misperceived and reported as "UFOs". He goes into detail on his successful investigations of famous UFO cases involving many astronauts, as well as incidents seen by hundreds of thousands of witnesses in Argentina, China, Russia, France, the Persian Gulf, and elsewhere. Oberg is a founding fellow of the "Committee for the Scientific Investigation of Claims of the Paranormal", and was the leading "UFO commentator" of OMNI magazine.

From here: www.jamesoberg.com...

Mod Edit: External Source Tags Instructions – Please Review This Link.

edit on 21/5/2012 by ArMaP because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   
I wonder what in the world (pun intended) you would expect from these debunkers and deniers?

Honest, heart-to-heart confessions?

They can't provide one iota of data that disproves UFOs or ETs. The avalanche of increase knowledge of earth-like planets drives them further and further into their corners. --Have you not noticed? They don't appear quite as often as before and then they very carefully pick their threads. They literally have no escape except to argue as, has been the argument from the debunkers and deniers from day one, that "logic and reason" are on their side--which is of course pure bunk in itself since UFOs have been witnessed by all manner of professionals, plotted on radar, photographed and left traces on the ground.

As far as logic and reason goes these days, there is no reason except for some manner of agenda to deny UFOs. The available data speaks for itself except where "pure" science and government policies are concerned and they MUST be denied.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by TheFlash

Such a disclaimer isn't necessary in a thread asking for members opinions and experiences, unless of course you believe someone on the list to be what you just described.

Yeah, you were that obvious.

So, what evidence do you have to back up your accusations against James?

Way I see it, he puts his name to everything he says, and thusly there is an accountability placed on him for doing so.

Spreading disinfo using your own name is stupid and counter productive.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Aliensun

How ignorant can you be??

For example, did you just call karl12 a debunker?

He is currently THE BEST contributer to the A&E forum.

You need to pull your head out your arse mate and smell what your shoveling.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by gortex

Good as gold =D

Is the 4-5 seconds of triangular lights the only experience you've had?

You say non terrestrial life forms =D well what if tomorrow we all get told that we own the UFOs and that we have had them for ages. what if the origin no longer matters because we have been let in on a big secret and given access to these craft? it would be an "out of this world" experience wouldn't it =P? almost as if a non terrestrial experience ey?.

Sorry haha felt like that made sense 0o just a what if =D.

there is a topic up by Human_alien called "undebunkable UFO doc" or something similar and it has a 50min video that i personally think everyone should watch atleast once so please go see...

www.abovetopsecret.com... - Source : ATS Aliens & UFO's Forum.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
A Note About Baiting, And Threads Based On Baiting

The Aliens and UFOs forum is for discussing Aliens and UFOs, not members, nor for "calling them out".

No member of ATS is required to answer to anyone.

Thread closed, and probably headed for the trash.

Edit to add: I realize I've come across as more harsh than I would like, and want to explain why it's necessary to avoid interrogating members by name or otherwise putting them on the spot.

On ATS, a key feature of our community is discussing subjects that often cannot be discussed elsewhere without drawing ridicule and ostracism. We do that by focusing on the topics themselves, recognizing that each of us is entitled to our own opinions, and accepting that those opinions will vary, and often in direct opposition to the opinions of others.

The problems with making specific members themselves and their opinions the subject of threads or posts are numerous, and as we have seen many times, even the most innocuous discussions along such lines can devolve into blanket criticism and mischaracterization of ATSers, often without their knowledge or involvement.

That's just not right. :shk:

All members are welcome to share their experiences and beliefs if they want to, but that decision rests solely with them, and no one else.

I don't want to imply malicious motives on the part of anyone, and again, don't want to seem heavy-handed in closing this thread and others like it. However, it is imperative that all ATSers understand and be assured that they will never be expected to disclose or discuss anything they don't want to, that their privacy is very important, and that they should never be targeted for personal investigation, cross-examination or solicitation for expressing themselves in our forums.

To the extent I can get that message across as gently as I can, I'd call that success.

edit on 5/21/2012 by Majic because: (no reason given)

top topics

join