It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO reports skyrocket in North Island

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   

There have been an "unprecedented" number of UFO sightings reported in the North Island over the past two months, UFO watchers say.
link
Any one here on ATS have any new experiences (like you wouldn't have already posted them) but it's good to ask just in case?

And aliens may even have visited Northland in the past five weeks, with one man reporting seeing a UFO land in the region, Suzanne Hansen, director from Ufocus NZ research network said.

She said: "He's a very credible source. He saw an object that had landed and said it was definitely not an aircraft or like anything else he had seen.

"I've got 30 (UFO/UAP) reports on my desk at the moment from the upper North Island and Northland from the past couple of weeks that we're yet to process [on top of the many others] ... It's unprecedented."

I love words like 'unprecedented'.

Mr Gillard said the white and blueish lights were definitely not a helicopter or plane and darted about at speed for several minutes before simply vanishing.

"I've never seen anything like it before, but it definitely wasn't somebody with a torch or vehicles as it was above the skyline, not on the hills," he said.

Inquiries could not find any helicopters or planes operating in the area at that time yesterday morning.

More on this case at link - read up!

"The problem with UFO sightings is that there are a such a huge number of possible explanations for them.

"Something like 80-90 per cent are people mistaking things like Venus for UFOs."

Yep, there's the let down at the end. Always the let down at the end.

Well - it's all good to know anyway!

peace
edit on 21-5-2012 by silo13 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   
your link just takes us to the front page of some website :/

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

80-90% really isn't a let down
Some of these sightings remind me of earth lights that could be associated with earth quakes or volcanism

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Wow, im in the south island and i haven't heard anything about this....

Interesting tho, i will keep an 'eye' out

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by AnotherHumanBeing

Can you check again - it's taking me to a NZ Herald and the article...

Of course that's after I checked the link too, lol!

Thanks for the heads up!

peace

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Link works for me...

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Sounds very promising, if you find any videos of these sightings, post here

thanks

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   
This was posted 2 days ago

UFO alarm sounds around North Island

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   
thank you its working now
will have a read

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   
hah! at the very bottom of the page it says

(from the OP's Link) "Something like 80-90 per cent are people mistaking things like Venus for UFOs."

I dont believe that at all... thats very laughable, why would anyone think a something that barley moves is a UFO lol... well it would take a while for it to cross the sky ..you would have to be there all night XD

Thanks for this OP!

I would love to see something in the sky ..I never have, maybe I dont spend enough time looking but it would be cool to see something you cant identify

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   
The venus thing looks like just a brighter star to them, sometimes glowing in different colors. Though, when they see it getting dimmer or disappearing, it usually means a cloud banks goes over it. I can see why they get fooled for being UFO, I don't blame them too. When I saw a video of a stationary, glowing in different shades of color UFO, it turned out to be venus.
edit on 22-5-2012 by cybersk8er because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join