It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So you have all heard, watch the animals...

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by JRedBeard
Here in Western Washington I had a weird experience with a rabbit...

My girl and I live in a rural area and stopped at the local gas station to air up the tires.
Sitting against the concrete footing of the compressor housing was this large wild rabbit..
He was just sitting there getting rained on... It let me feed him some weeds and pet him a little bit.
Finally I was like, 'dude I should get this rabbit out of the rain' and the rabbit proceeded to let me pick him up and place him under this wooden deck attached to the gas station building...

It was kinda surreal... I was thinking this rabbit had to be domesticated or something but my girlfriend who's been researching and looking into keeping rabbits was convinced that he was wild.

That is very suprising, but I have to wonder if the rabbit was injured, and unable to move away?

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by ringlejames

I haven't noticed anything different about the birds or dogs. However my dogs and cat have been catching chipmunks on the regular. I live in a neighborhood full of dogs, they are actually barking less than usual

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   
to the OP.

dude, why are you trying to catch birds? they are sensitive animals and don't need the added stress. especially if they have warmed up to people.

also, i've grown up with many pets. including 2 wolves, peacocks, ferrets, skunks, raccoons, etc.
please don't ever try to catch a squirrel.
they will bite you. period. (my mother tried raising a few, and they always bit)

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   
I am in UK and i have heard birds chirping all night long for about two days now

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by mellisamouse

snakes comming out of our ying yangs! lol....

Our photo albums were quite amaizing I must say!

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Over the last few months I've noticed the same dead bird happenings. Dead mynah birds and doves in the road. I walk the same road every few days and I see new ones all the time.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Santa

Well I know he wasn't immobilized or anything because he did scurry a bit when I picked him up and also after I set him down... But he was definitely not in any hurry to get anywhere... I also didn't inspect him very well. To be honest I guess I wouldn't be surprised if he had been a little injured like you suggest..
The rabbit was definitely a little 'off' for some reason though.
Weird experience either way

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by JRedBeard
reply to post by Santa

Well I know he wasn't immobilized or anything because he did scurry a bit when I picked him up and also after I set him down... But he was definitely not in any hurry to get anywhere... I also didn't inspect him very well. To be honest I guess I wouldn't be surprised if he had been a little injured like you suggest..
The rabbit was definitely a little 'off' for some reason though.
Weird experience either way

Weird, indeed, but kinda neat, too. I think, if only sometimes, wild animals know if you are out to harm them, or if you are a kind soul.
edit on 22-5-2012 by Santa because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Here in the UK I have noticed for a while that bids are singing during the night (before 4am) while it's pitch black.
Having said that I have a horse and his behaviour is no different than usual.
Perhaps whatever it is affects only certain types of birds and animals.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Shouldn't that be old wives tales ? Yes it should.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by joe7pack

I guess cats didnt get the memo. My cat is the same. Licks himself all day when hes not sleeping or eating

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Santa

While the rabbit may have been "wild" in that is was not a pet it was quite obvious that this particular rabbit has been around people and is very comfortable with them otherwise you would not have seen this type of behavour. Really, you guys were not the first people this rabbit has ever seen.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by queenofhearts

The birds are very sensitive to even the smallest amount of light. They can detect the sunlight before our poor eyes can and they react to that. I am up pretty early most mornings and they are definatly singing when the sky still looks like night but I also notice that I can detect the light myself not too much later. My keets wake up in the livingroom if I turn my bedroom light on. They must be able to see it under the door or something.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by karen61057

I guess the sun must have been peeking up at 1:30 a.m. then, because I've observed them singing away like it was broad daylight outside around that time recently.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mkoll
reply to post by karen61057

I guess the sun must have been peeking up at 1:30 a.m. then, because I've observed them singing away like it was broad daylight outside around that time recently.

As have I, starting around midnight.
edit on 22-5-2012 by Santa because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by ringlejames
I caught a bird, which has never happened my whole life just caught a bird out of a flock off the ground. All of them let me get closer than a FLOCK has ever let me get. Like I said, EPIC FAILURE until then. Then less than a week later I catch another in another flock, then another in another.

Why are you grabbing the poor wild birds that you can now suddenly catch? I don't even want to know what you are doing with them after you catch them. Even holding them could give them a heart attack

edit on 22-5-2012 by VforVendettea because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   
I've just got out of a car that almost ran over two pigeons. We slowed down (not that we were going fast to begin with) so they had plenty of time to fly away, but they didn't budge. The driver actually had to stop before they flew out of the way. They're normally a lot quicker than this.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by SoymilkAlaska

dude, dogs have been barking like MAD lately around my area.

i have been noticing that birds wait for cars to almost totally ****ing run them over until flying away.

something weird is going on.

I have noticed this as well. My sister and I have been joking about the suicidal birds lately. I have also seen more dead birds in the road than I have ever seen in my life. I just thought it was weird but now i'm wondering if there's more to it.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Earthquake happened her just hours after you wrote this.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   

My drive to work takes me down a county highway.Had a raven play chicken with me the other day. Also alot of ravens right on the side of the road dont move when you drive by at 60 mph. Who knows, could be somthing, hard to say.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join