It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So you have all heard, watch the animals...

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   
It has been proven (cant remember where exactly) that just before an earthquake or other sesmic event there are waves of magnetic pressure that either fall or rise like a barometer for the weather fronts. These pockets of disturbed magnetic waves are what animals can often sense due to their higher ability of sensory perception.

Especially if said animal operates on magnatism to navigate. They sense the pressure change and run for the hills.

These waves are caused by the earths core and silicate like magma material that also harbors magnetic pressure as it rises to the earths surface.

Humans at one time during evolution would have been easily able to sense this type of thing, but I digress...

With the invention of modern tech humans have lost touch with their primal instinct, or just flat out ignore the signs internally. If you pay close attention to your body, I betcha you could pick up on the atmospheric disturbance as well.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Birds chirping, dogs barking, RUNNNN FOR THE HILLS

Oh wait, isnt summer approaching, to be fair, all the animals I see continue to act like animals do in the kingdom. Infact my dog was thrilled with the great walk we took today up the cavehill, all seems well on this side of the atlantic.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by ringlejames

Forget about watching the animals.... let's all watch this guy chase birds around his yard!

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Here is a similar thread I started last year.

I also caught a bat last spring and a humming bird and have pictures....

We also caught multiple salamanders and fish, and still have them in an aquarium.

Really neat bugs etc.... and snakes comming out of our ying yangs! lol....

Our photo albums were quite amaizing I must say!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Birds singing at night? - full moon perhaps?
Birds allowing themselves to be caught? - poisoned with bait?
Robins in the road? - establishing territory or catching worms after a rain?

Animals often know nothing before a disaster although they do have differing sensory capabilities: Snakes feel ground vibrations, migratory birds the magnetic field, bees ultra-violet light, etc.

I do think we should be careful about projecting our expectations on animals and using them as some type of "verification" for impending doom or whatever.
How much time have any of us actually put in to studying animals, particularly wild ones? (watching tv shows does not count)

There are countless reasons for animals acting oddly (is it "odd" behavior or maybe you just started paying attention to them). Our magnetic field is changing, cell towers are everywhere, chemical poisons are everywhere, natural areas are shrinking due to development - any of these may or may not the reason for what we might construe as odd behaviors.

Regardless of how long any of us have studied animals they always have something new to teach us and they adapt to changes in their environment and develop new behaviors as an adaptive mechanism. Nature will always be a mystery in some ways.

My point is using animal behavior is at best a sometime indicator of an impending event and at worst a tool for justifying our own fears. Without a solid knowledge base of the animal whose behavior we're trying to interpret we are only making wild guesses.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by mellisamouse
Here is a similar thread I started last year.

I also caught a bat last spring and a humming bird and have pictures....

We also caught multiple salamanders and fish, and still have them in an aquarium.

Why on God's Earth would you want to catch a bat or a hummingbird?
Is there some reason you could share with us for it?

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by joe7pack

Hey there is a road kill armadillo in front of my house anyone for lunch

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

I want to state for the record, that I am not implying any sort of doom or gloom or otherwise, I am just stating what I have observed personally.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jerisa
Well, where to begin...first let me tell you that I am an animal control officer in a rural area in Atlantic Canada.

Birds: I know exactly what you mean by having to stop your car because they seem suicidal. I also have have to go on numerous calls for pigeons that for no apparent reason are taking up residence on peoples porches. They can't seem to fly for some reason and are just walking around on the ground/porch. I can handle these birds as if they are completely tame including checking for injuries and they DO NOT even flinch.

Cats: We have an explosion of them, feral ones. They will however, sit on your front step and howl, you can get close but only about 6 feet. Now when I say howl, here is the weird thing, other cats are howling back like dogs would...

Dogs: Excessive barking has become the bain of my existance lately! Not to mention, the usual culprits for running that are hard to catch are actually becoming extremely passive...the normally semi-agressive ones are now down right extremely dangerous. It's like their normal personalities have taken on extreme measures in both cases.

I have to keep a log, so I will update more iif you want as the summer progresses.

That would be awesome and a great source of data too!

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

Found this interesting so I of course had to start my own search. The man you are talking about is Jim Berkland. He WAS a geologist at one point. Found this quote odd...

Jim Berkland is a retired geologist. He was an employee of the state of California. But when he predicted a Bay area quake would take place during the 1989 World Series, he worked as a geologist for the county of Santa Clara. He then was suspended from his position. After the quake happened as he predicted, Berkland was warned not to do so again.

Link

His wiki page: Wiki

ATS Threads about him:

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   

My cat is acting weird aswell, she's much more active (read, annoying and "talking", i think cat owners know what i mean) than usual.

Next to that we've had 3 dry thunderstorms here in 2 weeks. I know they happen sometimes, but i've NEVER in my life seen 3 dry thunderstorm in succession in a 2 week timespan (always thought of them as being quite rare)

I hope it's just coïncidence but i do feel something is going on. (don't really believe in coïncidence to begin with)

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by SoymilkAlaska

Oddly enough, I noticed this myself the other day when I was driving. I have noticed most all pets have taken a sudden liking to me recently, plus dogs do bark a lot in my neighborhood more noticeably than just the passing car. They are signs of a glitch in the matrix

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   
You've never seen a chipmunk? That's strange, I've seen hundreds of them in my short life. Nothing strange about seeing a chipmunk. Being able to catch birds isn't an indicator of anything either. Maybe the fact that wild animals are now more comfortable than ever around humans because we keep reproducing and spreading our suburbs into their forests.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by tport17

Wow tport17, excellent work on your post there. I learned a lot from it. Amazing how Jim Berkland perceives these things. Kind of a cross between rote science and observation of the natural world. I like it. He looks at a variety of factors from lunar gravity, high tides, heavy rainfall, and of course animal behavior. No wonder he was shunned by his colleagues, he was right (in 89). But even he says its a "window" of high probability, not a sure thing.

Scientists are kind of snooty sometimes, shame on them. Observing our surroundings like the Chinese did in your link also helped them to evacuate a 100,000 people prior to an earthquake there.

Jim went on to say, “I joined Earthquake Watch at SRI under contract with the U.S.G.S. to see if they could reproduce what the Chinese had done. Before the Haichang earthquake they had a system there, of maybe a hundred thousand peasants measuring water levels, checking radon with it's film exposure, measuring little tilt-meters, doing simple things. So they just day after day said, oh little tilt in the ground here. Or they would see where the patterns of earthquakes were. And animals especially farm animals, wild animals and pets. And because of the accumulation of data just before March 3, 1975 they evacuated the city of Haichang of about 100,000 people.
papalopp.hubpages.com...

Of course there was another time when the Chinese officials ignored the animals and got stung:

current.com...

Old wives tales may be a science we have forgotten and should pay heed to. Ever hear the one that ants know when it is about to rain and we can tell because they plug up their nest holes so they don't get flooded?

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Sounds like a day in the life of my cat

My cats are behaving normally and I haven't noticed the neighborhood dogs barking.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Only yesterday I said to my girlfriend that I think the birds I see on my way home from work must recognise me or something because they don't move out of the way anymore

Very weird to read this thread today after noticing this.

I've walked home from night shifts for the past 6 years and the birds in the morning have always kept their distance, crows especially won't get within 20 feet of you, they're usually very scared of humans.

But the past few weeks or so I have noticed they don't seem to care, I've walked up the road and a crow has literally just stood its ground, just standing within feet of me, I was shocked the first time because it was huge and I'd never realised just how big their beaks were!

It's usually only pigeons that hang around as they seem most used to humans, but all kinds of birds recently not moving or being afraid at all.

The timing of this thread is certainly weird because I've not only noticed it, I've commented on it to others in the last few weeks. I've took the same route home for 6 years and only this past few weeks have I seen this difference.

I find it quite humbling that they allow me into their space to be honest, what it could mean is another matter!

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by SoymilkAlaska

holy #....ok i didnt think much of this thread...but the other day i was driving and there were 2 birds in the road and i looked at my girlfriend and made a hand gesture like i was casting a spell on the birds as a joke to make them scatter..and they didn't...i hit and killed them both...never before in my life has this happened...so then of course i tried to turn the joke into...my "spell" made them not move...i was just playing around for fun but found it so freaking odd that they didnt move and I thought to myself...are birds getting to comfortable or what?

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Romekje

My cat is acting weird aswell, she's much more active (read, annoying and "talking", i think cat owners know what i mean) than usual.

I know what you mean. I have lived with cats for 4.5 years now, and almost my entire life (25yrs) with at least one dog. Lately things have been different. My dog (figures, MY dog) has always been close to my fiance. But lately she just won't leave me alone. She paces the living room, and won't lay still unless I let her up on the couch with me. She's never been like this. She doesn't seem scared or anything, just wants to stay close to me. Also, our cats just won't shut up, either. They have never been super talky until lately. Yak yak yak yak. I have noticed the birds in the road, I've had to slow down, too to avoid hitting them. I hear owls during the day, (which for some reason isn't all that odd out my way) but robins and the like during the midnight hours. That is wierd. Also, pigeons in my yard. I have never seen pigeons in my yard, yet the other day I observed a pair just hanging out until I got about 2 feet away from them, then they flew away. Also, the squirrell that lives in our tree all of a sudden just loves to have his(her?) picture taken. I agree things are getting wierd, and I, also, do not believe in coinkydink.

BTW I am in southern central PA.
edit on 22-5-2012 by Santa because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   
your post if intended for people who are not in sync with nature..i seen some mockery on the first page..

Truth is, not just animals but Gaia (Earth) in general, will give signs of change. Animals are the best sign, but you have to actually pay attention and look closer into nature. Even the wind is a great sign, and I dont expect those "conspiracy" mentality people to understand anything like what I mean.. to them birds are birds, wind is wind.. etc. They are detached from the very nature that allows them life. ITs the change in Nature's patterns, the change I speak of. That is a sign of change. Could be subtle... could be much bigger. But change is change regardless. And we live in a universe of forever change.

~ Love is an art
edit on 22-5-2012 by LoveisanArt because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Here in Western Washington I had a weird experience with a rabbit...

My girl and I live in a rural area and stopped at the local gas station to air up the tires.
Sitting against the concrete footing of the compressor housing was this large wild rabbit..
He was just sitting there getting rained on... It let me feed him some weeds and pet him a little bit.
Finally I was like, 'dude I should get this rabbit out of the rain' and the rabbit proceeded to let me pick him up and place him under this wooden deck attached to the gas station building...

It was kinda surreal... I was thinking this rabbit had to be domesticated or something but my girlfriend who's been researching and looking into keeping rabbits was convinced that he was wild.

Also this will be a new one for you guys... I had a an experience with a common housefly the other day.

The fly was just buzzing around me, kinda irritating me as a matter of fact...
I was thinking about swatting it, but instead took a bit of an interest in him.
The fly didn't seem skittish of me and when he landed on the desk I proceeded to bloop a single drop of sweet-tea on the desk in front of it.
The fly walked over and sucked on the tea bubble for a bit.
When he was done with that I laid out my finger in front of it and he climbed right on.. let me reach my finger to my nose and inspect it very closely and then let me place him carefully on top of a bottlecap sitting on my desk..

I was like
Really?

Then the fly kept hanging around all happy and landing on my mousing hand not caring when I clicked etc...
I finally got a little grossed out like ew flies are kinda dirty quit walking on me, but it was VERY WEIRD nonetheless

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join