It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So you have all heard, watch the animals...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   
I was going to post about this yesterday, but I didn't want to sound crazy . I have lived in the home I'm in for several years, and this has never happened. It's in a rural area, right next to the woods. There are TONS of birds all the time. In all the time I've been here, I have never had birds crash into the windows. I know it happens sometimes....but yesterday it happened off and on all day....at least 5 or 6 times. A couple of times, they hit it so hard I'm surprised the window didn't break....it scared the **** out of my cats! Today, it hasn't happened so far. Just thought I would mention it since it was so unusual. I don't know what happened yesterday to make them do that. I would say they got spooked, if it had happened only a couple of times....but it was over the course of the day.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Thought I'd post this found on another thread

usmc0311
Ya know. I am a Michigan farm boy and racoons have been pests to us all our lives and over the years have killed many on the farm. Well, yesterday morning I awoke to a very large raccoon in the trap by the garden and when I walked out to shoot him I looked into his eyes and I just couldn't do it. I have never thought twice about it before but I just couldn't bring my self to kill the poor thing. He did not have any sickness and looked scared as hell, like he already knew his fate. So, I loaded him up and drove him over to one of the CRP fields (Conservation Rehabilitation Program) to release him into a new environment. Usually they are pretty mean when you handle the cages but this one was very calm although scared. When I lifted the door to let him out he stopped, and I kid you not nuzzled my hand as if to say thank you and then strolled off to explore his new home. I have been having a rough time lately and that made me feel so much better and I feel much more at peace today. I don't know if it had to do with the alignment but It's just nice to feel better.

edit on 21/5/12 by sirric because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   
I live in E. TX, not far from the small quakes that have happened over the past few weeks. For about the last month I've noticed exactly what everyone is talking about. I'm rural, I've lived on a small farm for over 10 yrs and never have experienced what I am now with the birds and wild animals. My dogs are acting different the past month. So are my cats. Same thing as everyone else is reporting. Even yesterday when we were visiting my daugher in Cypress, two birds flew into the backyard smashing into a wooden fence. I also have to add that about a year ago, I was out in the garden and heard what they call "the noise". It lasted for about 20 minutes. I know what fracking and drilling sounds like. I know what farm and construction machinery sound like. This was not any of that.. totally undeniable to me. My dog heard it too. Lowered to the ground by me and shivered. Anyway, that's my 2cents worth to add to this thread.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   
There was a thread on this subject around 3 - 4 weeks ago. People are noticing strange behavior in wild animals, especially birds.

I can vouch for the fact that the birds that spend the spring in our trees before heading north are acting ditzy. They sit in the grass and my cats just walk up and catch them. We have had a herd of mule deer take up residence around our property, and they follow me around as I walk outside...at a distance, of course, but they seem like they want to come over and say hello. Mule deer around here are not used to people, it's a very sparsely-populated area, so for them to even get close enough for me to see them in detail is weird. Naturally I am delighted because they are large and beautiful, but it is odd.

The birds are stupid and aren't taking care of themselves properly. The deer have lost their fear. Perhaps there is something going on with our magnetic field which is throwing the birds off, because they rely on it for migration. Same thing with deer.

My cats acted bizarrely during the solar eclipse yesterday evening, but other than that they are acting the same as they always do.

I have also noticed birds that sing during the day are now singing all night long, which is strange. Same bird song, so it's not different birds.

I keep thinking about the Schumann Resonance, which is the vibration of the earth in cycles per second:

This global electromagnetic resonance phenomenon is named after physicist Winfried Otto Schumann who predicted it mathematically in 1952. Schumann resonances occur because the space between the surface of the Earth and the conductive ionosphere acts as a closed waveguide. The limited dimensions of the Earth cause this waveguide to act as a resonant cavity for electromagnetic waves in the ELF band. The cavity is naturally excited by electric currents in lightning. Schumann resonances are the principal background in the electromagnetic spectrum[1] beginning at 3 Hz and extend to 60 Hz,[2] and appear as distinct peaks at extremely low frequencies (ELF) around 7.86 (fundamental),[3] 14.3, 20.8, 27.3 and 33.8 Hz.[4][5]

In the normal mode descriptions of Schumann resonances, the fundamental mode is a standing wave in the Earth–ionosphere cavity with a wavelength equal to the circumference of the Earth. This lowest-frequency (and highest-intensity) mode of the Schumann resonance occurs at a frequency of approximately 7.86 Hz, but this frequency can vary slightly from a variety of factors, such as solar-induced perturbations to the ionosphere, which comprises the upper wall of the closed cavity[citation needed]. The higher resonance modes are spaced at approximately 6.5 Hz intervals[citation needed], a characteristic attributed to the atmosphere's spherical geometry. The peaks exhibit a spectral width of approximately 20% on account of the damping of the respective modes in the dissipative cavity. The eighth overtone lies at approximately 59.9 Hz.

en.wikipedia.org...

The Schumann Resonance of the earth has been steady at 7.8 Hz until recently. It is now ramping up, and the earth is vibrating faster:

While earth's "pulse" rate is rising, her magnetic field strength, on the other hand, is declining. According to Professor Bannerjee of the University of New Mexico, the field has lost up to half its intensity in the last 4,000 years. And because a forerunner of magnetic polar reversals is this field strength, Prof. Bannerjee believes that another reversal is due. Braden believes that because these cyclical Shifts are associated with reversals, Earth's geological record indicating magnetic reversals also marks previous Shifts in history. And, within the enormous time scale represented, there were quite a few of them.

www.2012.com.au...

Supposedly, we are now around 12 Hz, after thousands of years at 7.8. Theoretically, when it reaches 13 Hz, the earth will reverse its poles and/or actually reverse the direction in which it spins. I'm not sure that's true, because if we were so close to the 13 Hz stopping point, we would be rotating much slower.

Something is definitely different, however. I guess, we need to keep our eyes on the animals.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   
We've got a new Steve Irwin, it would appear.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by ringlejames

My experience....yesterday as I stepped out of the back door of my house....I got one step onto the deck when a squirrel running full speed directly at me caught me by surprise. Now this guy was running on the top edge of the fence which is about waist high while standing on the deck..no kidding it got to within 4 to 5 feet from me when it jumped to the side. To be honest it kind struck me as strange as they never ever get that close???

This will be interesting to hear what others are seeing..
Great observation and topic for a thread

edit on 21-5-2012 by wutz4tom because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   
I live on a farm, 140 acres, sheep and cows and farm dogs all normal.

The house martins are a bit active and I saw a spiders nest explode in the wind.

UK.

All is normal so far.
edit on 21-5-2012 by komp_uk because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   
The only strange thing I've noticed around this area is the stray cats. Normally, when I get within a few feet of them, they tend to scatter. The other day, I was taking out the garbage and one normal stray was just sitting there in the middle of the alley, staring at me. Now normally that cat never sits there, he usually sits on this wooden roof next to my backyard and lay in the sun.

And he just stared. No fear whatsoever. I figured I'd move a few more steps to see if he would take evasive action, but he didn't. He just sat there, very relaxed... and I just spoke out loud to him: "I'm not even going to mess up your vibe, do your thing".

And went on my way. But I did think that was weird... because 99% of the time they scatter the minute they hear some noise, or if I'm within a few feet.

*Shrug*

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

You need to take a gander up at the horn. If there are BIG bumps next to it, it's a girl... two SMALL bumps, it's a boy. >

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Maybe after the many many years we have been living here and urbanizing, the animals are just finally getting used to our prescence. It seems most accounts are squirrels and birds which seem to adjust to us quite easily and quickly. I know around my college campus, the animals are so adapted to us that they don't even run anymore and they'll even take food from us. The squirrels aren't afraid of people anymore and they just stand and watch us and the birds aren't really all that afraid either. Maybe they're finally adjusting and not seeing us as predators anymore.

Whenever they first explored the Galapagos island, the animals weren't running or flying away because they didn't know what a human was and didn't know they were supposed to be afraid. Maybe what is happening now is just a reverse of what happened there, the animals becoming more adjusted versus not knowing what to do.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Maybe they evolved with this coming evolution of sorts and they are like... "WTF? Why are they still trying to catch and kill us?"

On another note. I live on the second floor of a house in a neighborhood that goes by summit for obvious reasons. We have a by of windows on the western side of the house that birds keep on slamming into. Has never happened once in the 2 years we've lived here. We stopped keeping count.

That's all I got.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Has anyone else had birds flying into windows like I described? Also, it was bluejays and some type of grey birds. They hit at full speed to, I'm surprised it didn't knock them out!

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Dude! This is nuts because my wife and neighbor were sitting out back the other day and a bird flew into our door hopped on the table peed and ran at my wife. She was scared of it since. I told her it wants food or help. It comes within 2 feet to get food on the first day!
I also told my friend a few weeks ago everything went crazy. He said "What do you mean?" I told him how you can tell everything is different. Something is getting ready to happen. There is no harmony in nature right now. I hear birds all night long, frogs don't chirp in harmony, gophers ad other animals coming very close to us.
It's like they know what is coming is beyond their control, so they are looking to us to protect them.

Something is happening/going to happen, but what?

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by spoonbender

Buddy I am redneck we kill and eat everything. Im talking out in the #ry. That has been normal everyday life in the city.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by ringlejames
One of my pits just throws a tire THAT I RANDOMLY THREW BACK THERE AFTER TAKING IT OFF MY TRUCK, anyways she just throws it up in the air and barks barks barks, never been a stupid dog like that in 5 years.

Stupid? Or perhaps a display of protective violence against a perceived threat or predator?

Felt any static electricity? Odors?

Next question is pretty far out there: Have you had anyone/anything ask you questions in your dreams?

edit on 21-5-2012 by jcarpenter because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   

How about... Animals and birds are outside all the time. At night, in the rain. They bathe in and drink outdoor water and eat food that grows outdoors. Whatever toxins are in the environment they never get a break from being exposed to them. So whatever sickly reactions they appear to be having could be a result of that constant exposure to something in the environment that is beginning to build up in their systems.

The other day I found a crow that could barely walk. He was repeatedly hopping along and falling over like he was dizzy. It was not a young bird, and the plumage looked OK. Just sick. Today I found a blue belly lizard along the sidewalk that was barely alive. It didn't run off. When I picked him up, I noticed it was bloated and all blue all over, like O2 depletion or something. I set it down and it just lay there blinking. The squirrels are fewer this year. They seem scraggly and have patches of fur missing. Where last year there were several in each area of the complex, this year I see one here, one there. No bodies, just gone.

Dunno...

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by samlf3rd

...out back the other day and a bird flew into our door...
Now that you mention it that has happened twice in a week. The birds bang into the sliding glass door. One did it two times before turning away. Like they are confused or something. I see it but dismissed it because it does happen on occasion. But lately? That seems odd.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   
It might be a good idea for anyone who is witnessing these behaviors to post their general location. That way we can see if there is any pattern that might show up on a map. If these occurrences are confined to a specific area or fault line, it may actually benefit some of us who live in these areas.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   
I don't usually comment on these things, but several people mentioned what I have been noticing. One, the birds are not moving away and I too am slowing down for the critters. Foxes come out of the swamp and watch us at the lake property as well as skunks walking under our feet.

In Fl. wild rabbits sit within three feet of our door and don't move when we come and go, just watch us. It almost seems as though we have entered a more gentle world without noticing it, perhaps we are the ones that need to make the change, the animals are just somewhat ahead of us.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74

The unicorn that lives in the woods at the end of my street let me pet it the other day. Then he/she (I didn't check) started playing horseshoes on it's own horn. That's gotta mean something, right?

Yeah, it means leave the peyote alone.

Second line.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join