It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NC Teacher Caught on Video Suggesting Student Could be Arrested for 'slandering' Obama

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Looks like the student is much smarter than the teacher.

NC Teacher Caught on Video Suggesting Student Could be Arrested for 'slandering' Obama

A North Carolina high school teacher was captured on video shouting at a student who questioned President Obama and suggesting he could be arrested for criticizing a sitting president. "Do you realize that people were arrested for saying things bad about Bush?" the teacher said toward the end of the argument, telling the student, "you are not supposed to slander the president." The student told the teacher that one can't be arrested "unless you threaten the president.

The discussion was about Romney and an alleged incident of bullying when he was in high school. The family of the supposed 'victim' has come out and said it didn't happen. However, in Obama's book, he admits he did engage in an incident of bullying. The student brought that up during the discussion. For telling the truth about what Obama said in his book, the student was yelled at that he was 'slandering' the President of the United States. The teacher yelled at the student saying - "there is no comparison" "He's running for president," she said of Romney. "Obama is the president."

And the best part ... (major kudos to the student for saying this) ...

The student argued that both candidates are "just men," but the teacher took issue with the statement.

edit on 5/21/2012 by FlyersFan because: fixed quote

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   
But she didn't say he could be arrested.

The student told the teacher that one can't be arrested "unless you threaten the president."

I know... that's the title of the FOX News sensationalistic article. And you wish to push their agenda, but if people read the article, they can see that the title isn't true.

Some of the stuff the teacher said was off the wall, for sure, but nowhere did she suggest that the student could be arrested... :shk:

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   
I assume that woman cackling on the video is the "teacher". Wow-do i feel bad for those kids!!!!
"Yo daddy aint called me back yet when I called him about ya grades" "Obama is the pres-o-dent and deserves respect" "Errybody talks # 'bout Bush".

I couldnt beleive my ears!!!!! The problem with this whole thing is that ignorant teacher. Major kuddos for those kids to outsmart that haggling moron.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
But she didn't say he could be arrested.

She SUGGESTED it. It was inferred. So the title is correct.

Anyways .. that student was amazing. He stood his ground and, by golly, he is right.
Politicians are JUST MEN. Wish more grown ups thought like that.
There is nothing wrong with quoting from Obama or Romneys admitted pasts.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Politics should be left out of the classroom. Religion too.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

It's this burgeoning militant attitude that worries me.

If you criticize the president;
You're racist
Bigoted
Narrow-minded
Threaten with arrest.

No man is above the law. No man is above criticism. Obama's days are numbered as president. He might as well get used to it.

S&F

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   
I should add .... both incidents by Obama and Romney are NOT important in the run for POTUS. They were many decades ago and they were individual incidents. These people were not 'bullies'. They made a bad decision in an isolated situation. They bullied once (which wasn't nice!) but that in no way has anything to do with either one of them running for office. It's irrelevant - IMHO.

Now if someone can show that either of them were in the habit of bullying ... that's different.

edit on 5/21/2012 by FlyersFan because: wording

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   

typical obama supporter lol how this lady became a school teacher is beyond me! yes she is right about getting your rights read to you when arrested but any con could tell you that. The kid likes pushing her buttons

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Here is another sick example of what our children are learning.

In two previous threads HERE and HERE I showed how the public education system has become nothing more than an indoctrination center where kids go to be brainwashed by radicals. Several people dismissed my claims yet examples of this indoctrination continue to happen across the country every day.

Despite their best efforts, it appears at least some kids are standing up to this nonsense.

Hey teachers!!! Maybe you should teach the constitution and REAL American history in school rather than simply pushing your own ill-informed beliefs??

edit on 21-5-2012 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by seabag
Hey teachers!!! Maybe you should teach the constitution and REAL American history in school rather than simply pushing your own ill-informed beliefs?

You might want to add "and your union's propaganda as well".

I was dating a woman who was a public school teacher. In order to keep her teaching certification she had to attend "Continuing Education" sessions. Some of these sessions were in nice places, so I would go with her sometimes. I was invited to sit in on several of these sessions. Many of these sessions were on structuring your lesson plans to incorporate the "union's point of view" on several issues in order to "properly educate the students". She now teaches at a private school, has left the union and the funny thing is that she is no longer required to take "Continuing Education".

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by digital01anarchy

typical obama supporter lol how this lady became a school teacher is beyond me! yes she is right about getting your rights read to you when arrested but any con could tell you that. The kid likes pushing her buttons

"typical obama supporter"???...do you think anyone here is stupid enough to believe that? wow, if that's the case, here's your typical republican voter:
www.youtube.com...

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   
I am really, really glad that I homeschool.

At least my child is exposed to decent English and his politics - It all comes from home and friends.
When he has a point, I listen.

This teacher seems to think that teaching is a one way street.
"You hadn't been doin no work."

Yeah.

The students honestly seem to be smarter than this teacher.
These kids deserve better. These kids are pretty well informed.
edit on 21-5-2012 by hadriana because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by hadriana
I am really, really glad that I homeschool.

At least my child is exposed to decent English and his politics - It all comes from home and friends.
When he has a point, I listen.

This teacher seems to think that teaching is a one way street.
"You hadn't been doin no work."

Yeah.

The students honestly seem to be smarter than this teacher.
These kids deserve better. These kids are pretty well informed.
edit on 21-5-2012 by hadriana because: (no reason given)

yup, that will prepare your kid for the outside world...not having your kid deal with other kids at an early stage will set him up for a rude awaking when he gets out on his own as an adult. apparently he is going to live and work around adults who are NOT dishonest, coniving, bullies, liars, smarter, dumber, ignorant, naive, good hearted, kind...or combinations thereof.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx

Originally posted by digital01anarchy

"typical obama supporter"???...do you think anyone here is stupid enough to believe that? wow, if that's the case, here's your typical republican voter:
www.youtube.com...

ok we can play this game how about this video

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx

yup, that will prepare your kid for the outside world...not having your kid deal with other kids at an early stage will set him up for a rude awaking when he gets out on his own as an adult. apparently he is going to live and work around adults who are NOT dishonest, coniving, bullies, liars, smarter, dumber, ignorant, naive, good hearted, kind...or combinations thereof.

Well...He did go to school for his first 3 years.
And just because he is homeschooled doesn't mean that I have him locked in a closet with a book.
But, ftr, he is 16 and at least not on psychiatric drugs like all the other kids we know in this neighborhood.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Oh I wish I could go into that classroom and educate those teachers and kids on the Patriot Act, NDAA, Guantanamo, the US Constitution, etc...

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   
There is an existing thread on this topic:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments, queries or concerns to the ongoing discussion.

Thank you

-thread closed-

for future reference:
Search ATS

new topics

top topics

join