It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Need a bug out vehicle? This one is for sale.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

As for a bug out vehicle...I'll pass. It is to easily taken out.

Yeah, if a person is worried about something standing up to today's anti-armor weaponry, you need a state of the art military vehicle.
But if you were trying to keep the cannibalistic yahoos found in the movie 'The Road' at bay, this would counter small arms fire. A fire suppression system for the engine area would counter Molotov cocktails.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Sure, tanks are scary first glance.
Until someone comes along and has blown one up before.
Deathbox.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by lunchmanstan
reply to post by mytheroy

I could probably get you the phone number, we didnt see anyone around when we took the shots.

Definitely post the phone number!!

If it's cheap enough, I'd buy it just for nostalgia, or to drive the neighborhood kids around in.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

I havent seen the movie, but Ive just watched the trailers and didnt catch any motorized vehicles. I'll have to try and rent it.

Hey down the road from the vehicle is a great place to grab a burger called McArdles Pub good prices too.

Thats where we were headed when we saw the vehicle.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   
This guy had the right idea by converting a Milk tanker into a land/sea vehicle with which to travel the world.

This was back in the 80's. Imagine making this build today..

www.dobbertinhydrocar.com...

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Looks more like a snow machine than a tank.

On vacation this year we are going to get a rental tornado pursuit vehicle and go storm chasing.

edit on 21-5-2012 by kawika because: added image

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   
I agree. This thing screams TARGET with possible RICH targets inside. It's a sure death trap. Evan a full modern military tank is no good when TSHTF.. You have to think resources. gas, oil, limited space, strong but easily blocked/overcome hard to hide.

Even if this thing does 60 mph which I doubt, you will be dead from radiation or blast waves long before you can get to safety. Chances are if your still alive, you wont really need to try to outrun anything that hasn't already killed you.

In the space of a weeks time all the refined gasoline resources will be used up then you'll be dead in the water. You would have to convert this to solar or hydrogen or garbage or a mixture of all 3 long before a disaster hits - you'll never know what will effect your resources so it's best never to count on something that has to be powered by external resources. In other words don't put all your eggs into one basket. If it turns out this thing is not to be your salvation, make sure you have a good contingency plan to bug out without it.

I suggest the tried and true. Human power vehicles with a 20 lbs resource bag. This bag does not have any sustainable resources in it at all. It only has tools that you use to get resources you need as you go. Teach your wife and kids to survive on a Swiss army knife budget and not rely on resources you have at hand and you increase your wife's and kids chances of survival by over 50 percent. Most of you guys have bug out bags filled with all this stuff that are consumables you want to take along if needed. That's weight that will kill you. Need bandages, antibiotics other medicine? Know how to find their natural equivalents on the go and don't carry spares. You must know your bug out route and what it contains in the environment. The only exception to tools (including weapons) you carry are water and very dense food stuffs that are not processed. Nuts, fruit, meats dried or raw perhaps a few veggies - no sodas, no processed grains or cereals (grains make you fat and slow you down) nothing with sugar or high fructose sugar, no concentrated carbs like pasta - if it comes in a box, can or plastic wrapper don't carry it, it's poison to you now.

Since you have to have human power for whatever human powered vehicle you choose, Be a strong healthy human. Eat right in preparation before a disaster.. start now. No BBQ. NO processed foods. No trans fat, Do work out. Let yourself, wife and kids all become bodybuilders so you can be strong and healthy. I suggest Starting Strength by Mark Rippetoe. You wanna eat junk and think your ready for The Big One? You'll be left behind, and you'll watch your wife and kids suffer because you failed to teach them right. Study survival videos or if you can afford it hire a professional survival trainer in your local area. Practice, practice, practice. Leave nothing to chance. depend on nothing but yourself.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnPhoenix---->In the space of a weeks time all the refined gasoline resources will be used up then you'll be dead in the water. You would have to convert this to solar or hydrogen or garbage or a mixture of all 3 long before a disaster hits

What you're gonna need is a gas generator.

As long as there are trees in the forest you won't run out of fuel.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   
an interesting, if unusual, machine... my personal choice of bug out vehicle would be;

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   
It is called a Tucker armored snow vehicle, powered by a dodge V8.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Jetman44

Wow ATS is amazing. Thanks Jetman I thought the vehicle was home-made but after searching for the tucker armored snow vehicle or tucker sno-cat. I found a couple utube videos even one from 1955.

This is a video someone made of the exact same Sno-Cat!

The same sno-cat was ffor sale on ebay in 2005 much better pics at this link.

Pics from ebay listing
edit on 22-5-2012 by lunchmanstan because: tried to fix video link

edit on 22-5-2012 by lunchmanstan because: sorry cant seem to get the video

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by lunchmanstan

Thanks!

I don't always get steampunk boners,
But when I do it usually takes heavy machinery.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join