It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Selective reduction !!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Firstly sorry if its been talked about before, search has not come up with any thing... ATT: this maybe a bit to confronting for some.

This past sunday night while watching 60mins (Australia), One story really tugged at the heart strings. The procedure quietly known a s selective reduction.
I for one am what I suppose would call PRO-CHOICE on all matters of pregnancy, Abortion, possibly even gender selection. But this Im finding it hard to be pro-mothers choice :l. The procedure involves the termination or 1 or 2 or I suppose even more foetus in the result of a multiple pregnancy to allow the women to carry one baby for health/social reasons. Health reasons- I can understand if a true medical reason to save mothers/ baby life. But not an assumed health risk (scare monngering..sp.. tactics), Something that may or may not arise during pregnancy.
However a social choice mmmm, trying to say pro-choice here & I do believe some people just wouldnt cope with one child let alone 2 or more. Anyway what a choice !! I dont think I could or would, how could you choose?
This is were I should add: I am a mother, 1 single pregnancy & 1 twin pregnancy within 2yrs all IVF babies, So a handful of little wonders and I would not change it for the world. Note: Aust' has a regularity body in regards to number of embryos being transferred and its capped at 2 at a time. I would be interested in other countries on this matter.
Makes me a little sad that some decide they have to make this choice, but I suppose its their choice.

Here is a link to a small snippet of there story, they dont seem to have the whole story up and I also wonder how much of this would have been around when the famous "octo-mum" story was news?

sixtyminutes.ninemsn.com.au...

edit: because this snippet of the story does not talk about the many that seem to be choosing a lifestyle, there was 2 women in main store that straight out said it was for social, career finance choice .
edit on 21-5-2012 by feelingconnected because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-5-2012 by feelingconnected because: (no reason given)

new topics

join