It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Like Warren, Obama Claims Cherokee Ancestry--But Offers No Proof

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Like Warren, Obama Claims Cherokee Ancestry--But Offers No Proof
Breitbart Story -- by Michael Patrick Leahy

It seems Obama himself is "claiming" some Native American heritage.

And it seems he can't really prove it out.

Apparently he made reference to Cherokee blood from his Grandmother Madelyne Payne Dunham in his book "Dreams from My Father" in 1995.

Elizebeth Warren has recently been slammed for her claims to Cherokee heritage.

She actually has no genuine proof either !!

President Barack Obama and Massachusetts Democratic Senate candidate Elizabeth Warren have more in common than just their liberal political ideology, Harvard Law pedigree, and Democratic Party affiliation. Both claim Cherokee ancestry, and neither can prove it.

Ms. Warren's claims are current and well known, but President Obama's claims were made back in 1995, when his memoir, Dreams from My Father, was published. On pages 12 and 13 of the 2004 paperback edition, the President unequivocally asserts his Cherokee ancestry:

If asked, Toot [Obama’s maternal grandmother, Madelyne Payne Dunham] would turn her head in profile to show off her beaked nose, which, along with a pair of jet-black eyes, was offered as proof of Cherokee blood.

But an old, sepia toned photograph on the bookshelf spoke most eloquently of their [grandparents Stanley and Madelyne Dunham’s] roots. It showed Toot’s grandparents, of Scottish and English stock, standing in front of a ramshackle homestead, unsmiling and dressed in coarse wool, their eyes squinting at the sun baked flinty life that stretched before them…in their eyes one could see truths that I would have to learn later as facts…that while one of my great-great grandfathers, Christopher Columbus Clark, had been a decorated Union soldier, his wife’s mother was rumored to have been a second cousin of Jefferson Davis…that although another distant ancestor had indeed been a full-blooded Cherokee, such lineage was a source of shame to Toot’s mother [Leona McCurry Payne] who blanched whenever someone mentioned the subject and hoped to carry the secret to her grave.

Unlike Ms. Warren, no one has ever alleged that President Obama may have secured employment due to his claim of Native American ancestry. Like Ms. Warren, however, the President puts forth his claim with emphatic certitude, although until now no one has sought to ask him to provide evidence to prove it.

Related Links

Elizabeth Warren Violated Harvard's Rules on Plagiarism

Will Harvard Law School Condemn Elizabeth Warren for Pow Wow Chow Plagiarism?

Elizabeth Warren articles - by Michael Patrick Leahy

A DNA test would clear up the entire matter (as well as a few other "questions")

After all, both Obama and Warren are Harvard people -- surly they believe in science !

C'mon, set the record Straight for once in your lives !!

How about a DNA Test ??

for BOTH !!

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Obama will need to submit to a blood quantum test /or DNA test in order to back up his claims. I am an enrolled Sicangu Lakota who has many Tsalagi (Cherokee) friends who are also enrolled or not. Every Native in this country wanting enrollment or validation of Native ancestry must submit to blood tests.

Obama reminds me of these new agers that like to run around claiming Cherokee heritage. People do this a lot because they feel it gives them status.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Here is Madelyne Payne Dunham

en.wikipedia.org...

I don't see that "beaked nose". She does not look to be of any Native descent to me right off hand. She could have a drop of Native blood, but that does not make her Native.

Any history on Madelyn Dunham and Native family members, such as a grandmother, great grandmother?

Obama really loves to make up stories about himself.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 07:13 AM
link   
From wikipedia about Obama's grandmother:

Ancestry

Madelyn Payne Dunham's heritage consists mostly of English ancestors, and smaller amounts of Scottish, Welsh, Irish, and German ancestors, who settled in the American colonies during the 17th and 18th centuries.[40][41][42] Her most recent native European ancestor was her great-great grandfather, Robert Perry, who was born in Anglesey, Wales in 1786 and whose father, Henry Perry, first settled Radnor, Ohio in 1803. Robert Perry's wife, Sarah Hoskins, was also born in Wales and immigrated to Delaware County, Ohio as a young child.[43] Wild Bill Hickok is Madelyn's sixth cousin, four times removed.[44] According to oral tradition, her mother had some Cherokee ancestors, although researchers have found no concrete evidence of this to date.[45]

en.wikipedia.org...

She probably had a drop of a Native blood. In ndn country, that doesn't mean a damn thing. ::shakes head::

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

I'm pretty sure that Obama is a total creation of the CIA, right down to his DNA.

Could he have Cherokee blood? Maybe. I guess it depends on the eugenicists that made him and what characteristics they felt should be included in his genetic makeup. I guess they aren't Shelly fans, because there is only one way the story ends.

I kinda feel sorry for the stooge.

NOT!

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

What shall we expect from a glorified, salaried, saluted, arrogant liar??

Probably just trying to get more votes. I'm sure he is part hispanic, irish, samoan, alien and was fathered by a centaur too.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Elizabeth Warren is now apparently admitting to her "fibbing" !!

Important Topic Updates

Last night, Elizabeth Warren finally admitted to the Boston Globe that she lied when she made previous statements that she had “no idea” why Harvard Law School referred to her as a “woman of color.” Ms. Warren confessed that she told Harvard Law School when she was hired as a Visiting Professor in 1992 that she was a “woman of color.”

Ms. Warren’s shocking revelation, after weeks of stonewalling and denying her complicity in Harvard’s numerous false public statements about her heritage, reverberated through a formerly friendly mainstream media this morning.

Warren Confesses: Told Harvard She Was 'Woman of Color'

I guess this confirms that she is in fact a criminal

top topics

join