It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Baby Boomers The Dumbest Generation?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

Originally posted by Jools
absolute rubbish...totally wrong dates.....So by your definition it seems like GEN X doesn't exist or all the sociological books I've read and studied to BSC level are wrong!!!...total Bullsh*t!

Well instead of censor circumvention and swearing come up with links to prove your point. As I did previously- Baby Boomers 1946-1964. Btw, that's 18 years, not 40.

you didn't read what i said...40 yr span in the past...now 10 yrs if that...omg!

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by StealthyKat
reply to post by Jools

LOL Jools....I don't know what "punch card" in computer logo means
Seriously, you aren't old by a long shot, so I should have heard of that....what is it?

my sweety don't even go there you wouldn't want to know...lol well ok then...we used to write small programs and fill in these binary codes by filling in punch cards..so you would end up with a pile...local college ran them through their reader..and you'd have to wait a week for results only to find a syntax error due mainly to the fact you might have filled in wrong line...imagine a lottery card...pencilling in the no's..that's what they looked like but on much larger scale...basic machine code...very time consuming!

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Germanicus

No.

If you have been observing human society in most countries you will have noticed that the more intelligent people choose either not to breed, or to defer having children for their careers and a number of other reasons.

The lower in intellect, picking up welfare and living in their trailer parks, have little else to do all day but to breed, which they therefore do at astonishing rates.

This means that the percentage of population of the intelligent high achievers is reducing in comparison with the percentage of population of those not so gifted.

It follows then, that each subsequent generation after the industrial revolution (which extended human lifespan and period of fertility) is, on average, dumber than the previous.

Perhaps this is why after "Generation Z" there are no more letters in the alphabet. It would be pointless to describe the generations with letters when the specific generations would be functionally illiterate and incapable of understanding the sequence.

We created the Internet, sent people to the Moon, advanced every area science at a faster rate than ever before in human history.

Since then, subsequent generations (X, Y & Z) have..... what?

- Unashamed Baby Boomer

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 01:18 AM
link   
I was born in 1962 and i am PROUD TO BE GEN X

Thats what i know...that's what i studied.....i am not a baby boomer...i don't fit into that category...and i do not have a problem with any generations past contributions, present or future aspirations...

It seems that dates are a bit of an issue....and i would not take wiki as a true representation of the time frame as it implies gen x and gen y are very intertwined and they couldn't be more different...in fact total opposites!!

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 01:19 AM
link   
I count JFKs assassination as the point that marks the birth of GX.

It makes perfect sense.
edit on 22-5-2012 by FlyingFox because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 01:34 AM
link   

I have to agree with you...my parents are these baby boomers you speak of and sometimes I want to smack them.

My stepmonster's favorite saying is "I dont care what happens are who is in control, its never going to affect my life" how can you say such a thing with such confidence?

All they ever talk about are their discounts and their entitlements.....blah blah blah....their grandkids will paying for it.

They were the hippies of the 60's, the yuppies of the 80's and you can hate me for saying it...the OWS of today remind me of them.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by onecraftydude

Originally posted by Germanicus

There will be no way to pay for them when their health starts to fail all at once. It is going to be a massive problem for the world. The problem will be that they will still be a massive group of voters. They will all be old and easy to pander to as a group. The Baby Boomers are the worlds biggest problem.

I struggle with the same knowledge every day and I am frustrated beyond words. The Baby Boomers are too stubborn to listen to reason and only take information from MSM or church both of which are biased. They easily deflect any responsibility through stupidity and brag about their own stature. The boomers will probably doom our world because it is not only our country that has them and those old ideas of hatred they grew up with have festered into the current global religious pissing match.

Now Putin is back and they might have their nuke war anyway. They want the end of the world so they can take off in their golden chariots and ride up to heaven where their palaces await them. Meanwhile in Afghanistan our soldiers are dying and getting their nuts blown off for these parasites who would NEVER fight their own war, but love to start one. It may be a stretch to say they are all Christians, but if I were to stereotype the group due to their actions it would match the actions exactly of the Christians worldwide. Made up stories from any MSM source is all they need to ease their mind into believing the garbage they are fed and make themselves continue to feel superior and privileged.

It is no accident they don't really know what is happening. They are in denial. They have locked up their objectivity in a dark place hidden from cognizant thought. Their lives have become an extension of the shows they identified with as children when men and women slept in different beds on tv. They live a lie so they can feel better about what they have done to their children. Bush was the poster child for their generation, an arrogant unapologetic brutal moronic idiot. To the boomers, he was a prophet/infallible. If you want this groups support all you have to do is tell off color jokes in private and bash some gays while chasing an abortion doctor out of his parking lot.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Jools

.we used to write small programs and fill in these binary codes by filling in punch cards

Isn't it amazing how far technology has come in such a short time span? I guess that shows that all generations have their value.....the baby boomers laid the groundwork, and the ones after them kept tweaking and coming up with new tech so that we can all be here right now on the web discussing it!

edit on 5/22/2012 by StealthyKat because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by StealthyKat
reply to post by Jools

.we used to write small programs and fill in these binary codes by filling in punch cards

Isn't it amazing how far technology has come in such a short time span? I guess that shows that all generations have their value.....the baby boomers laid the groundwork, and the ones after them kept tweaking and coming up with new tech so that we can all be here right now on the web discussing it!

edit on 5/22/2012 by StealthyKat because: (no reason given)

I think most of the major technological foundation making was done around the turn of the century by people like Tesla. Now what I see from academia is a bunch of scholars and scientists submitting total BS proposals for funding using government grant money to prop up their positions leading to more useless information and technology that never works. I won't say it is all boomers, but they are still a major group holding most of the top positions even after retirement age because the cost of living is too high for them to retire. That in turn removes top positions from younger individuals so the ability to advance is restricted by the same group that complains about their healthcare and government pensions while out the other side of their mouth complaining about lazy families on food stamp.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Pft. Babyboomers have forgotten more than you will ever know in your entire life, they are the children of Einstein's generation, the children who put Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin's asses on the moon.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   
I forsee that the generation after Z will be Generation AA. And they too will think their generation is the last best hope for mankind.

I won't be there to see it, of course.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 05:09 AM
link   

Even in College, my first semester It was drilled into everyone's head everything wrong in this country is pretty much because of the selfishness of the baby-boomer. I am pretty sure you have just been indoctrinated to be prejudice against another generation, sort of what schools do, there is always a villain so each generation can focus on some other group than the government as the problem.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 05:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Germanicus
Most Baby Boomers have never known hardship either. They live in fantasy land. They may have heard stories of the depression but they never lived it. Baby Boomers have lived in a time of ever increasing prosperity. It blows their minds to imagine hardship. They cannot comprehend it. Even with Greece before their eyes. I think we can all blame the baby boomers when this all blows up.

This my friends is what our tax dollars paid for. This is what the education system produced. Now we can understand why they cannot critically think, know everything and are angry at their parents. They created a generation of mindless idiots ready to do what the system tells them to do, like mindless robots. These are the future orange shirts, they are ready to clean up Americans who they were taught are "the problem" (anyone getting a 1933 flashback?) Look at who this kid quotes too... His master *sigh

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join