It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Baby Boomers The Dumbest Generation?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrJohnSmith
Lest you forget...one day, the current younger generations will be old, and be criticised by younger generations for all the problems in the world .....just a polite reminder......

That reminded me. Another thing the BB's fought against. OUR older generations. Before the 60's, some could even claim in the 50's, that we didn't take our parents as they did generations before them. There was no more, "Yes sir" when the were like, "Do what I say."

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jools
Er you missed a Generation out...Gen X'rs came after the baby boomers and are very hardworking, dedicated and committed. They also aren't homophobic, racist etc...

You need to do your research properly...I'm not going to comment on Gen Y as you are all too young and think you know it all which is what you've shown in your post!
Well said

I'm a boomer but I feel I fit into the gen x catagory better.
My thought on the OP...... he/she fell into the old trap of "blanket group catagorization" a mistake often made by a less intelligent or experienced person and a form of bigotry

Oh well It goes to show you that the Ys have to have some dummies in their ranks, even though they are much smarter, as a group, than the rest of us

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Very true, intrepid, each generation rebels against the previous one... That,s just the way it is ! I,m a b.b. ( At the younger end...) and know I,m getting older and less tolerant, as I can,t understand why young people today have to walk around clutching their mobile phones ! Are they frightened of missing a really important call ?
Ah ! Teenage angst ! I can remember that ! Just !

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   
I don't fully understand the point of this thread..I must be missing something

Baby boomers are racist?
it was under the baby boomer generation that civil rights got pushed to the forefront of the national conversation that the "greatest generation" swept under the carpet..this wasn't just a few black folks and some hippies, it was a national movement.

Baby boomers are leeches?
They paid their entire life into a program..that program stated pay here and you get it back...they are simply getting it back. they are entitled to it...not out of being cool...but in the same way that if you go to McDonalds and order a cheeseburger and then pay the person for it..you are entitled to that cheeseburger. You want to suggest there isn't enough money? not their problem (and also false). Sad day when we value creating a new bomber jet to collect dust than honoring contracts to those whom worked hard their whole life.

Baby boomers. What did they give/change about the west...

Music, television, technology (Research Steve Jobs, the tech baby boomer, and his contributions), new ideals to work for (peace, tolerance, acceptance),

Ideals instilled:
Removal of default respect for authority and instead turn it into respect of a person..no longer will just a badge make you awesome...now its how you use the badge
Individualism within the community verses community only.
Free expression, even if you don't like what the other expresses

I am personally envious about the baby boomers generation. They were almost settling a new world. they didn't have big examples of generations before marching ahead the way they did.

I am Gen-x. Each generation has a honor and a fault. the greatest generation...I don't deny that title. it is well earned imo, but they didn't progress society..rather, they preserved it. baby boomers progressed it, X refocused it a bit for technological revolutions (we made the internetz). I am waiting to see what Y does..they are still too young to make any big impact. Each generation however has been pretty important in their contributions. To suggest one generation sucks, or they don't deserve what they paid for, just makes you sound like a idiot.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   
us dumb baby boomers are soooo dumb we invented the modern gadgets you younger generation know have a full life to enjoy, moron we arent dumb you are for even attempting to belittle any class of people.
let me ask you this, what has your generation done to improve lifestyle? nothing cause we boomers already did it for ya.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

Originally posted by Germanicus
But you are right,the baby boomers did do some important things as far as protest goes. Thats why its so strange to me that most baby boomers seem reluctant to protest now.

Age my friend. I'm one of the last of the BB's and I'll be 50 in a couple of weeks. The energy is not there any more. There are still things one can do though. I don't remember the last foreign car I owned for example.

you are not a BB you are a Gen X!- 1959-1970

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by lbndhr
us dumb baby boomers are soooo dumb we invented the modern gadgets you younger generation know have a full life to enjoy, moron we arent dumb you are for even attempting to belittle any class of people.
let me ask you this, what has your generation done to improve lifestyle? nothing cause we boomers already did it for ya.

Tail end BB and Gen X did most of the leg work sorry!....Steve Jobs and Bill Gates and Paul alen and Steve Wozniak just fit into this category of visionaries and geniouses of our time...

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   
What are you going to say when your our age the boomers age and the younger generation is trying to kill you off? We worked our fingers to the bones in expectations of having a social security fund and medicare fund that we payed into for 40 plus years. We earned it, it is our 401k`s. Our society is falling apart because our society voted in to many X and Y generational aged tea partiers that are fighting up on the hill every move gov try to make. Your generation is a waist of soceity and needs a good shed visit to wake your small spoiled minds. Back when X and Y were being raised the government decided parents couldnt spank their kids, it made a great impact on X and Y generation because know we face the give me its mine and I want it all for the most money without earning it generation who have zero understanding to the past-present and furutre impacts on their unempathetic lazy ass lifes.
Dont mess with us boomers we are not dumb we are prepared and we are aware. peace out you dirt bag

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   

But you are right,the baby boomers did do some important things as far as protest goes. Thats why its so strange to me that most baby boomers seem reluctant to protest now.

Age my friend. I'm one of the last of the BB's and I'll be 50 in a couple of weeks. The energy is not there any more. There are still things one can do though. I don't remember the last foreign car I owned for example.

Baby Boomers. 1946-1964.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Baby Boomers generation was born between 1946 and 1965.
edit on 21-5-2012 by lbndhr because: date errror

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   
TS is Lame....If it weren't for Baby Boomers you wouldn't have made this thread..Piss off..Epic FacePalm

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by lbndhr

Might I respectfully suggest that your comments might come across a teensy bit aggressive,
and not do anything to further the baby boomer cause ?

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

To suggest one generation sucks, or they don't deserve what they paid for, just makes you sound like a idiot.

Well isnt that nice.

You are right. You are missing something. The point is that if you do not protest the government in one way or another then you are dumb. Most baby boomers still believe in duopoly traditional party government. But like I said,I do think they are the dumbest. And most selfish. Its not like Im the only one either.

The Baby Boomer generation has been the proverbial pig in a python working its way through the decades as presented below. By 1985, Boomers had entered the work force in full force with the entire generation between the ages of 25 and 42. It will be a great day when the python craps this pig of a generation out the other end.

It is not a coincidence the National Debt growth has far outstripped GDP growth since 1980. Boomers had been spoiled their whole lives and felt they deserved the goodies today while passing the bill to future generations. They voted for politicians who promised them more benefits, more programs, more subsidies, more tax breaks, more military adventures, and more pleasure. And this was “paid for” with more debt. Thirty five years of government debt declining as a percentage of GDP was reversed over the next thirty years starting in 1980, pushing it past the 90% tipping point in the last year. The country is over-indebted to the tune of $9 trillion on a current basis and $100 trillion on a long term accrual basis.There is no better picture of Boomer decadence and myopia than an historical view of the national savings rate. The parents of the Boomers understood the meaning of sacrifice and investing in the future of the country.

www.theburningplatform.com...

There is no better picture of Boomer decadence and myopia than an historical view of the national savings rate. The parents of the Boomers understood the meaning of sacrifice and investing in the future of the country.

That bit stands out to me. The baby boomers have sold us all out. They even sold themselves out at the back end. There are alot of us idiots that place blame for the state of the world on the baby boomer.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Tail end BB and Gen X did most of the leg work sorry!....Steve Jobs and Bill Gates and Paul alen and Steve Wozniak just fit into this category of visionaries and geniouses of our time...

BB were and are a very hardworking generation producing some of the best ideas and logical thinking which came into fruition this last century...However, there's a lot of you and in some ways out in the workforce most of you did well. However, due to the fact you were encouraged to reproduce so much after the war it has created future problems for future generations...that is not toy say you personally are a problem..just the situation we will face with and ageing population and a big one. Why do you think they keep upping the retirement age?...They are staving off the inevitable. I do not think its BB fault at all. However I have to agree with the OP that BB's are a bit passive and they don't like to rock the boat...and workwise I had to stand by whilst they fought and got promotion...just because they were older and more experienced...even though I made myself indespensable and trained.
They have been robbed of pensions and the possibility of quality health care looms.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrJohnSmith
reply to post by lbndhr

Might I respectfully suggest that your comments might come across a teensy bit aggressive,
and not do anything to further the baby boomer cause ?

Youa re right I apologize for my anger. I jsut keep reading on twitter, here and other forums the generation X and Y really becomming angry we boomers expect our given what we earned labored and saved for. It is like they are being programmed to destroy hate us and believe we are taking from that which we never earned. It is actually a little alarming on how many more forums and threads its showing up
My husband and I should be retiring in 8 years, but with the young people haten on us and the gov stealing and rapping us my husband and I are very worried about our near future adn we should nto be worried.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   

What are you going to say when your our age the boomers age and the younger generation is trying to kill you off? We worked our fingers to the bones in expectations of having a social security fund and medicare fund that we payed into for 40 plus years. We earned it, it is our 401k`s. Our society is falling apart because our society voted in to many X and Y generational aged tea partiers that are fighting up on the hill every move gov try to make. Your generation is a waist of soceity and needs a good shed visit to wake your small spoiled minds. Back when X and Y were being raised the government decided parents couldnt spank their kids, it made a great impact on X and Y generation because know we face the give me its mine and I want it all for the most money without earning it generation who have zero understanding to the past-present and furutre impacts on their unempathetic lazy ass lifes.
Dont mess with us boomers we are not dumb we are prepared and we are aware. peace out you dirt bag

The meeting about kids riding their skateboards on the sidewalk is next week.

And no,this is not the way to Country Kitchen Buffet.

You guys have been preparing? Holy crap!
edit on 21-5-2012 by Germanicus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by XcytaBill

Originally posted by XcytaBill
reply to post by Lasr1oftheJedi

The main point I was trying to make is each generation has its own challenges blaming or belittling another does not solve present day issues.

You're right. I suppose it's easy to pass the buck. We're all just building upon what we have to work with, and every generation sees problems in the next one, previous one, w/e.
A focus on the positive things our fathers (and mothers, ya'll know what I mean) left for us, while looking for (and finding) solutions to the problems we all face is the real key to making the world a better place.

And honest and appreciated thank you,sir ^.^

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   

reply to post by SaturnFX

To suggest one generation sucks, or they don't deserve what they paid for, just makes you sound like a idiot.

Well isnt that nice.

You are right. You are missing something. The point is that if you do not protest the government in one way or another then you are dumb. Most baby boomers still believe in duopoly traditional party government. But like I said,I do think they are the dumbest. And most selfish. Its not like Im the only one either.

The Baby Boomer generation has been the proverbial pig in a python working its way through the decades as presented below. By 1985, Boomers had entered the work force in full force with the entire generation between the ages of 25 and 42. It will be a great day when the python craps this pig of a generation out the other end.

It is not a coincidence the National Debt growth has far outstripped GDP growth since 1980. Boomers had been spoiled their whole lives and felt they deserved the goodies today while passing the bill to future generations. They voted for politicians who promised them more benefits, more programs, more subsidies, more tax breaks, more military adventures, and more pleasure. And this was “paid for” with more debt. Thirty five years of government debt declining as a percentage of GDP was reversed over the next thirty years starting in 1980, pushing it past the 90% tipping point in the last year. The country is over-indebted to the tune of $9 trillion on a current basis and $100 trillion on a long term accrual basis.There is no better picture of Boomer decadence and myopia than an historical view of the national savings rate. The parents of the Boomers understood the meaning of sacrifice and investing in the future of the country.

www.theburningplatform.com...

There is no better picture of Boomer decadence and myopia than an historical view of the national savings rate. The parents of the Boomers understood the meaning of sacrifice and investing in the future of the country.

That bit stands out to me. The baby boomers have sold us all out. They even sold themselves out at the back end. There are alot of us idiots that place blame for the state of the world on the baby boomer.

we did our years of protesting and changing the corrupts ways of leaderships, its yoru turn and it isour time the boomers to give advice and back you. we did our time and we are tired.
But im betting let the social security checks stop, let medicare be taken out, the boomers will come out of their caves, cracks, holes and homes in protest. And if it does happen their will be meanign behind a boomer protest and the govenrment will listen. remember we have decades of life experience your generation has yet to recieve.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by lbndhr

Genuinely sorry to hear that the future is uncertain for you, I mean this. Same here in u.k for our generation. Wife and I are,nt looking forward to old age, but I don,t suppose previous generations have either....

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   

The meeting about kids riding their skateboards on the sidewalk is next week.

And no,this is not the way to Country Kitchen Buffet.

You guys have been preparing? Holy crap!
edit on 21-5-2012 by Germanicus because: (no reason given)

personally i let the law handle the scateboarders and mindless property abusers. um, do you not realize scateboarding on the sidewalk ultimately cost you the tax payer to repair it? therefore who on earth would agree to allow a fool to damage public property on purpose and willing want to pay for it? isnt there like skateparks for that? or are you to smart to beable to find one or read a sign indicating it is a skatepark? or would the reason for distroying public property be jsut cause you can? cause your so special?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join