It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So new french president Hollande is a puppet already

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 05:00 AM
link   
For those interested in the way world politicians are all liars and betrayers, this is for you.

During his presidential campaign François Hollande, the alleged Mr. Normal (wtf how bias this is) made of troops withdrawal in Afghanistan his hobbyhorse. By the end of 2012 the 3400 french soldiers based over there were supposed to come back to their families. AND THAT'S WHY PART OF FRENCHIES VOTED FOR HIM.

So I was really curious to see how would this guy react in front of Witch Merkel and Dumbobama.
Well actually the press is divided according to the country but over here, it's very clear.

As NATO has to seem united Mr. Hollande had to "smooth the angles" (not sure about this translation but that's actually what headlines say in french press)

Waw the picture says it all. How fake are these smiles.

Le président français a laissé entendre aux alliés que le retrait des troupes françaises ne se fera pas de manière trop soudaine. Des forces non combattantes resteront en Afghanistan pour former l’armée locale.

Translation

French President implicitly told allies that a french troops withdrawal from Afghanistan wouldn't be too prompt. Non-fighting forces will remain over there to train local army

Lin k (Fr) (plenty of english sources if you want to dig more)

WTF "Allies" have been over there for 10 years and Afghans still can't fight? Seriously?

This is what I call a Foot-in-the-door. Now place to a "let's wait everyone turns to something else and make further calculations behind the scenes" strategy.

When asked how many soldiers will stay, an advisor of Hollande said "it's under evaluation"
I translate "do you really think we're going out of this?"

To summarize
1st step = Let's get back home people, vote HOLLANDE!
2nd step= Well voted people, part of the troops will indeed come back
3d step(?** coming soon**)= Afghans need us to stay to implement democracy

Reminds me of the Yes we can good ol' times

Peace
edit on 21-5-2012 by CityFarmer because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 05:57 AM
link   
reply to post by CityFarmer

Doesn't surprise me if this is true......He got elected with this

l
l
v

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 06:06 AM
link   
reply to post by FreedomXisntXFree

Yurk. It's a shame people get fooled by this. But I guess they deserve it;

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 06:30 AM
link   
Well, I dislike Hollande with a huge passion. I did not percieve that his stance on the troops in Afghanistan had anythign at all to do with the reasons he was voted into office.
I personally never heard of it before this last week. (I live in France). He has other positions that interest much more the people.

But those, too, are just as impossible and ineffective, and he will not be able to do most of it, and what he does do will be a big mistake.

"Rounding the corners" is the literal translation of a french term which means to sort of be conciliatory and be willing to give a little on your demands or plans, in order to come to compromise and peace. Like appeasing your enemies?
Unlike Sarcozy, this guy is very much in the french tradition of that, and we'll see a whole lot of it.
edit on 21-5-2012 by Bluesma because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 06:36 AM
link   
No the new French President is not a "puppet already". He was already a puppet from the start.

Sounds to me like he took a play out of Obama's playbook. Does this sound familiar to you?

Which of course that turned into leaving behind "non combat troops" for the purpose to securing the Country and training Iraqi security forces....after taking 3 years to get to that point. So much for the "first thing I will do" huh? It was more like the "first thing I will do after this list of other stuff"
Funny thing is, there is no such thing as "non combat troops", just troops who are not currently engaged in combat.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 06:44 AM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

Thanks for your comment. Yes it sounds exactly like '08 promises like I stated in my post. What are french troops going to teach afghans soldiers that hasn't been thaught already the past 10 years.

I agree he was a puppet from the start. No more no less than the hungarian midget sarkozy.
Was just vainly trying to not judge the book by its cover

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bluesma

"Rounding the corners" is the literal translation of a french term which means to sort of be conciliatory and be willing to give a little on your demands or plans, in order to come to compromise and peace. Like appeasing your enemies?
Unlike Sarcozy, this guy is very much in the french tradition of that, and we'll see a whole lot of it.
edit on 21-5-2012 by Bluesma because: (no reason given)

Thanks for the semantics

new topics

top topics

join