It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Montreal Martial Law Bill 78 Passes - Backlash was Immediate; Massive Civil Disobedience

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by nightbringr

there are 100,000 people in the street...
i saw worst after a hockey game...

there was 300,000 at one time same as egypt...

look if you dare at the sadness of this video posted by hiphoprevolution

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by mkkkay

there are 100,000 people in the street...
i saw worst after a hockey game...

there was 300,000 at one time same as egypt...

look if you dare at the sadness of this video posted by hiphoprevolution

The "sadness" of your video is the usual edit job done by those with an agenda. And its not always the so called TPTB doing to editing.

Never once do these videos (yours included), show what the rioting masses did to incur the wraith of the police. Im not saying they didnt cross a line here or there, there are police after all and often do, but why does this video complete ignore the damage done by the protesters? It ignores their attacks on the police trying to keep order and their vandalism leading to the attacks.

Biased much?

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by nightbringr

The "sadness" of your video is the usual edit job done by those with an agenda. And its not always the so called TPTB doing to editing.

Never once do these videos (yours included), show what the rioting masses did to incur the wraith of the police. Im not saying they didnt cross a line here or there, there are police after all and often do, but why does this video complete ignore the damage done by the protesters? It ignores their attacks on the police trying to keep order and their vandalism leading to the attacks.

Biased much?

Well said.
There is always 2-3-10 sides to a story and in these propaganda vids we always only see one side.

Like the officer that sprayed the students on some campus in the states.
Students vids = Big bad police gets aggressive and beats everyone.
News vids = students confront police, police tells them to move 4 times and they dont, so police does what police are asked to do.

Also, funny how people that have nothing to do with the subject at hand get involved, as in Anonymous...
They brought down some government websites. Bouhou. Viva la Internet Anonymity!
Do any of them Anonymous people read at least one article on the subject?
Because you know, most articles are in french...!

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   
I completely agree with these protests, but I hate seeing them damage the automobiles and businesses of innocent people. The innocent people didn't do anything. If the protesters really want to make a statement they should be destroying police vehicles and other government property. I also wouldn't mind seeing a few cops get what they deserve either...

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by neoxxis
Also, funny how people that have nothing to do with the subject at hand get involved, as in Anonymous...
They brought down some government websites. Bouhou. Viva la Internet Anonymity!
Do any of them Anonymous people read at least one article on the subject?
Because you know, most articles are in french...!

God i hate Anon.

Self-elected protectors of our freedom. Yet they do what they want, when they want and answer to no one. Didnt they threaten to wipe all private debt for Greek citizens a couple months ago? What a irresponsible thing to do.

I didnt elect you Anon, and i dont want your self-rightous interferance.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   

I would laugh so hard if they wiped everybody's debt anywhere, especially North America though. Not only would I feel happy for the people that had their debt erased, but I'd laugh myself to sleep for weeks knowing that the system got trolled so hard.

edit on 23-5-2012 by Xaphan because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   
It's always the same videos, showing police beating people, however nobody show what the protesters do to police:

In this video, the police truck save a first officer that was being attacked. He saved the life of his colleague, after the truck left, a second officer is being attacked with steel pipes.

Notice the paddy wagon all destroyed as well, one of many vehicules destroyed on that day. This happen near Montreal, on May 4 th.
edit on 23-5-2012 by mazmike because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xaphan

I would laugh so hard if they wiped everybody's debt anywhere, especially North America though. Not only would I feel happy for the people that had their debt erased, but I'd laugh myself to sleep for weeks knowing that the system got trolled so hard.

edit on 23-5-2012 by Xaphan because: (no reason given)

Except of course doing that would cause the financial colapse to come today instead of sometime in the future. Because thats what would happen if all people worldwide were absolved of all personal debt, complete decimation of our financial system. When you cant afford something, the answer isnt to borrow for it, its to NOT BUY IT OR BUY SOMTHING YOU CAN AFFORD!

Didnt the housing bubble burst teach you people anything?
edit on 23-5-2012 by nightbringr because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   

D'ont you think if there really was a lot of damages that the media would not jump on it?

there was a few broken windows of a bank...
but still if you compare the riots in quebec with the one in egypt

there is no looting or destroying of private property.
only of our rights as a free nation.

where do you live... i live and work in montreal in the heart of it all

if you do not mind what line of work are you in

edit on 23-5-2012 by mkkkay because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by mazmike
In this video, the police truck save a first officer that was being attacked. He saved the life of his colleague, after the truck left, a second officer is being attacked with steel pipes.

Notice the paddy wagon all destroyed as well, one of many vehicules destroyed on that day. This happen near Montreal, on May 4 th.

Thank you for this video.

I honestly feel bad for these policemen and women. They are paid a shameful wage for having to risk their lives day in and day out, often working holidays, weekends and night shifts. Do these men and women upholding the law deserve to be beaten with steel pipes and have to dodge moltov cocktails simply because a bunch of spoiled kids want to destroy a society many of the rest of us have worked hard to create?

I hope those beating the officers are held for aggravated assault or better yet, attempted murder. All it takes is one hit on the head with somthing like that to kill.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   

D'ont you think if there really was a lot of damages that the media would not jump on it?

I think the video kindly supplied in the post above this one shows more than just property damage. It would appear to show people trying to kill police officers. Not enough for you? Many articles have been written about the vandalism and assaults on riot police. Downtown business owners are losing business because people are afraid to go downtown. If i hit an man armed with pepperspray, i would expect to get hit back.

there was a few broken windows of a bank...
but still if you compare the riots in quebec with the one in egypt

Not sure why were comparing these two very different protests. Apples and oranges.

there is no looting or destroying of private property.
only of our rights as a free nation.

Yes, they have destroyed a lot. Again, simply watch the video posted above, or i can start posting new links if you like. And what rights as a free nation are you talking about?

where do you live... i live and work in montreal in the heart of it all

Central Canada, why?

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   
I work downtown Montreal, yesterday afternoon there was around 150K people, they passed right beside my building for a full hour, screaming, playing music, peaceful protest and I have nothing against that. However, later during the night, they started to broke windows, throw rocks, stuff to the police that declare the protest being illegal, they arrested 110 peoples.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Yeah they called the manifestation illegal because we have laws to follow, for example, telling your itinerary in advance.
They did not.
They deserve to be split up and arrested if they resist.

Originally posted by XaphanIf the protesters really want to make a statement they should be destroying police vehicles and other government property.

I'm not convinced of that one...
Who pays for the police cars and government property?
The ones who work everyday and pay 50% of their salary to the government.
Break my home window, or break "my police car window", I'm the one paying anyway in the end.
Also, repairing my home or car window costs x$.
Repairing a police car window costs 10 times x$ because we all know they have super duper special windshields that cannot be replaced by OEM stuff... [/sarcasm]

Violence does not have its place in this debate. Point.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ben81

Originally posted by fakedirt
reply to post by Ben81

nothing on the news in the uk about this. checked sky, rt, beeb and france 24.

s and f for the information

best wishes fakedirt.

Not surprise at all .. this is what im saying
worldwide media have censored any new updates about the situation
CNN just dont care about it or the government told them not to show image
to prevent any americans of doing the same

Tomorrow it will be the hundred days of protest
they say that tomorrow they will organise a very big protest
maybe like the one in march that involved 300 000 marching people

and its not only in Montreal but in many other smaller cities in the province of Quebec
like Victoriaville,Sherbrooke,Dummondville,Quebec city etc
it is nation wide
edit on 5/21/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

hello ben81
back on the grid. yesterday i caught william ray on france 24. the documentary was the observers and this guy described the goings on with regards the police tactics and the fine levied on disobedience.
my shredded faith in france 24 has a temporary patch for now. rt also ran a similar piece, different witness. both articles were no longer than four/five minutes in length. not much but enough for the message to get across.
continuing to read with interest.

fakedirt.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by mazmike
It's always the same videos, showing police beating people, however nobody show what the protesters do to police:

you have to be kiding right
the police car clearly rushes the people there...
if some one attemps to hit you with their car, that is attempted murder..
if you carry a sword you will die by the sword

that cop was lucky. he deserves prison for running over our peacfull children.

what ever i guess..
my money is with the 99%... -minous a few like you is still 98%

power to the people...

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by mkkkay

The truck rush on a bunch of people that are on top of a police officer. The story was discuss on a discussion board with actual witness, here what happened:

People were throwing rocks, piece of concrete, pool balls to the paddy wagons and other vehicules. One of the protester was between the police officers and the group of people, he received a rock on the head and fall on the ground, one police officer came to his rescue but the protester was thinking he was attacking him. The protesters started to bash him.

At this moment, the truck saw his colleague and rush in the bunch of protesters to save his partner (Maybe it was a bad judgement, however the situation was like a warzone, rocks flying all over and you can clearly see this truck was also being attacked alread). The police officer got away, the truck left the scene. Apparently the same officer was being attacked again after, I was initially thinking it was a second officer, my bad.

You can see a different angle of the scene in this video:

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by mazmike

what ever we disagree on is irrelevent this video is sick!
i wonder what happend to the guy under the cop that was rush't by the police car

the video shows me a cop sitting on top of a student when the others saw they went to help the student to
not get arrested, then the car rushes the students..

people should help the ones being detained.

if i stand by and do nothing, when they come for me no one will be left to help me
when tyranny is law, resistance is required...

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   

the video shows me a cop sitting on top of a student when the others saw they went to help the student to
not get arrested, then the car rushes the students..

people should help the ones being detained.

if i stand by and do nothing, when they come for me no one will be left to help me
when tyranny is law, resistance is required...

Just goes to show people will see what they want to see.

I see hooded thugs throwing large bricks and objects that could seriously hurt or maim someone. These people deserve to be put in jail before someone innocent, including the police, get killed.

The only tyranny i see here is idiot anarchists here harrassing hard working police officers that most likely only want to finish a hard days work and get home to their wife and kids.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by stanguilles7
reply to post by Ben81

LOWEST TUITION IN N AMERICA.

Quebec have lower wages and is the most taxed people in North-America. The people there can EXPECT to receive something in return aside rampant corruption.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   
For tonight the strike's theme seems to be "hitting on pots and pan"
It started 15 minutes ago and doesn't look like they're ready to stop ...
edit on 23-5-2012 by samsamm9 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join