It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Montreal Martial Law Bill 78 Passes - Backlash was Immediate; Massive Civil Disobedience

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by bobs_uruncle

Originally posted by InS0MnI
Brand new update from this afternoon, it's believe they were at least 75-150k people.

www.youtube.com...

Gotta Love To See This.

I'm all for it, and i'm a Quebeker

edit on 22-5-2012 by InS0MnI because: (no reason given)

Thanks for the updated video link! Wow! I just hope people don't do any damage. You have to remember that the guy or girl in the corner store you pass is probably a relative, a mother, a father, an aunt, an uncle, etc. of someone in the crowd. I know people can get wrapped up in the moment, but restraint is the operative word, be the change you want to see. People don't have to lower themselves to the antics of the government "enforcers," meaning the police and/or military. Like I said in another post the black bloc appears to be an agent of the police, as shown in the Toronto G20 report, inquiries and newspaper articles, the police masqueraded as black bloc so they could be instigate and accelerate a violent and unlawful police action.

Hope everyone stays safe!

Cheers - Dave

Stop it... the kids who smash windows are fully aware of the risks and they are not stupid, even though their tactics are debatable. Come on, these are common youngsters... if one of them is found to be hurting someone for no real good reason, he's very likely to be kicked out of the crowd.

There are black bloc medics, you know...

If you wanna look for people who pose threat to the safety of citizens, look for the cops... they're all equipped, drugged and brainwashed for this. And yeah, there are protesters who look after people who get attacked or arrested.

Ever heard of "de-arresting"? Some people do that here, at times.

Property destruction is NOT harming people. If society makes you into a merchandise, that doesn't mean your life isn't worth more than this. It is.
edit on 22/5/12 by Echtelion because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Echtelion
... this is a case where the despotic State is FAILING, although all its efforts at threatening, dividing, bad-mouthing the student strike movement, that is now more than just student-related.

Couldnt agree with you more..

Can all of us REAL PEOPLE just stop for a second? Ignore the shills, and look at the issue?
This is not an east vs. west, french vs. english, students vs. the rest of us issue.

If you are a Canadian reading this, you have the obligation to keep an eye on this protest, and make sure we arent being taken advantage of here. What happens in Montreal, will set the stage to future protests. You know, maybe protests that you would support?

Yeah maybe we dont agree with these students, but thats not the point.

This is the age of the internet, we have no excuse not being informed and keeping the government and police force accountable.

edit on 22/5/2012 by osirys because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alkolyk

If I were to put my conspiracy theorist hat for a second I'd say that theses manifestations are doing a VERY good job at drawing attention AWAY from the "plan nord" of the current prime minister of Quebec. Basically the north plan is a wholesale on our ressources in the northern part of the province to corporations outside the country.

So out of suriousity, how is the "plan nord" different from other mining and foresting operations?

Im not attacking you, I really am curious. As far as I can tell, most provinces have no problem raping their crown land for the resources. Is there something we should be concerned about with this one?

And yes, as for your post, it all seems rather contrived in a way doesnt it?

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by anoncoholic

Are they protesting because of tuition? The entire world is in economic meltdown.That is the reality that we all face the cops and gov included and without objectivity in your actions you will be subjected to further denials and restrictions.

just my .02

Until these criminals in our corrupt "government" (read legalized organized crime syndicate front men for the international banking organized crime syndicate) are brought down, economies and societies will get worse. If the government chose to do what the corporations and bankers want, rather than what the people want, they have no right to be in control of the purse strings or making any laws, especially laws that protect them while they are in a conflict of interest. The government derives its power from the citizens and it derives a large percentage of its income from its citizens. We all just have to stop paying them anything until they fix the problem and do what people, not corporations, want.

Personally, I think Harper should have been excised from his position after the Russell Williams scandal broke. I mean seriously, CSIS knows what I did 18,000kms away, but they don't know what Williams, the CO of Trenton AFB and Harper's/queen's past pilot, did in our own backyard? That's called protecting your own until they become a total liability. Harper et al or other government cronies must have had a lot of really damaging information of Williams since Williams and Paul Bernardo used to have rape contests running out of the U of T Scarborough campus where they both went to school.

C'mon, I think it's time for a little uncommon common sense, please!

Bottom line, we all know the people in government positions of power and the people who control those puppets in government are all criminals. The jig is up, they're just too stupid to realize it.

I actually had an canadian ambassador say a sort of similar thing to me after I quit working on CI/MI "projects" (yes, I was in the business) and handed over account numbers, bribery dollar amounts on government ministers overseas, info on people killed and planes blown up and why, he told me, "You're dead man, you just don't know it yet." Yeah well I did know at the time and I still do, they can keep trying, maybe 5 times is a charm?

I hope the Montreal protests gain momentum and show up in every major city in Canada. I hope regular people, professional people, retired people, everyone for that matter wakes the hell up and joins in. Metaphorically, the writing is on the wall and the wall is a mile high, you can read it 33 miles away. If you can read then you can understand, we have a HUGE problem in Canada (every colony or country does) and it is not going to get fixed by austerity or new draconian laws. It will get fixed by Canada (and every other colony or country) dissolving their central bank (in our case the BOC) and paying the international banksters the nothing that they deserve.

The next thing of course would be to have independent tribunals to collect evidence for treason charges for our politicians followed by a re-examination and possible repeal of certain treaties and draconian Bills.

ETA: Other measures are necessary as well, like the re-privatization of our energy, roads, natural resources and other socially owned commodities. Citizens are "shareholders" (or stakeholders) in the corporation of the government of your colony or country. Have you ever seen a dividend? No? Neither have I.

Cheers - Dave
edit on 5/22.2012 by bobs_uruncle because: ETA Note

I agree with every word written here. I don't necessarily think these protests are entirely related to tuition hikes, this was just the trigger. The people are getting tired of being bent over and raped in the %^&.

People laugh these somewhat small organizations off without realizing these are just the tip of the iceberg. This, OWS ect, will eventually explode. It's coming and frankly, I can't wait. We need to overthrow these criminals and put most of them in jail for war crimes, theft, treason, you name it. Nearly all of them, the game is over and they know it.
edit on 22-5-2012 by macaronicaesar because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   
well,. I will be surprised if this happens in the US,.
just doent seem like it fits in the their plans yet,.
although our wonderful Kenyan born president already has made adjustments to the
"peacetime" martial law,. per .gov
\Bump for your cause

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Brand new update from this afternoon, it's believe they were at least 75-150k people.

www.youtube.com...

Gotta Love To See This.

I'm all for it, and i'm a Quebeker

edit on 22-5-2012 by InS0MnI because: (no reason given)

Thanks for the updated video link! Wow! I just hope people don't do any damage. You have to remember that the guy or girl in the corner store you pass is probably a relative, a mother, a father, an aunt, an uncle, etc. of someone in the crowd. I know people can get wrapped up in the moment, but restraint is the operative word, be the change you want to see. People don't have to lower themselves to the antics of the government "enforcers," meaning the police and/or military. Like I said in another post the black bloc appears to be an agent of the police, as shown in the Toronto G20 report, inquiries and newspaper articles, the police masqueraded as black bloc so they could be instigate and accelerate a violent and unlawful police action.

Hope everyone stays safe!

Cheers - Dave

Stop it... the kids who smash windows are fully aware of the risks and they are not stupid, even though their tactics are debatable. Come on, these are common youngsters... if one of them is found to be hurting someone for no real good reason, he's very likely to be kicked out of the crowd.
If you wanna look for people who pose threat to the safety of citizens, look for the cops... they're all equipped, drugged and brainwashed for this. And yeah, there are protesters who look after people who get attacked or arrested.
Property destruction is NOT harming people. If society makes you into a merchandise, that doesn't mean your life isn't worth more than this. It is.
edit on 22/5/12 by Echtelion because: (no reason given)

Stop what? I agree with you, a life is worth more than a TV or a car or a window, all "things" in a general sense. I know the cops and subsequently the military will be a problem in the Montreal protests if the government unleashes their dogs. My point is, to not give them an excuse. It's funny, when I was working with the military, violence was never the answer, it was the solution, it was brutal at times, downright rude and I have seen things done, people shouldn't see but our antagonists were well armed. I've tried to be a little more subdued in my thinking for the last 20 years, but one never forgets how to ride that "bike."

I have been analyzing this government and a few others since 1978 and I certainly see the trends in corruption as well as moving as much, if not ALL "value" into very few hands, our global elite if you will, they want total control of everything. I know they have to brought down and since I have seen and understand the killing fields, I at least hope for a bloodless transition to a more equitable system of governance and "banking." My rational mind tells me though that this is not going to happen. People in power do not give up power willingly and will fight to the death to retain that power turning the very instruments that civilians have paid for against them. There is some irony it that simple fact.

As a society we have been naive, even gullible and tempered with apathy, to busy trying to stay alive than care and make the world better, but that is part of the trap. This Montreal situation, is the beginning of what may be to come. As the spring is compressed, the limit is reached, something breaks and it expands with the maximum force available. I think this is the start of the release of that pressure and as time passes, I expect more people to "add" to that pressure.

I've noticed people babbling about entitlement in this thread and that these are just spoiled kids in Montreal. I disagree, those "spoiled kids" have parents paying for their schooling or they have to take out student loans that suck the life out of them for years after they graduate. Then there is the economic problems, lies from politicians and universities/colleges alike promoting the ability to obtain jobs after these people graduate is simply BS. The corporations that own the government have outsourced to third world nations. Then the MSM carry the BS spouted by governments and universities to prop up their BIG LIE so that everyone believes it. At least until reality smacks them in the face with a 45,000 dollar bill (or more) and the promised jobs in the promised land, don't ef'ing exist.

The education system appears to one of the last methods, if not the last, that will allow the corporations to suck the final few ounces of blood out of nations.

If I were to state what I believed needed to be done, how it needs to be done and how I really feel, I would probably be banned.

Cheers - Dave

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   
I think they are going to have a very hard time raising tuition in Quebec!

Folks ain't takin' no bulltwinky up yonda!

Allez Montréal !!!
edit on 22-5-2012 by antoinemarionette because: video no work

edit on 22-5-2012 by antoinemarionette because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by nightbringr

They already receive a lions share of federal transfer payments and pay lower fees for tuition than most of the rest of Canada. While i agree with the right of these people to protest, if you would look at some of the pictures you posted, these people are not protesting. They are rioting. Lighting things on fire and damaging honest, privately owned businesses.

Exactly !

People, no matter who they are, should have a right to protest when wrong is done unto them. No doubt. But these masked protesters are NOT about rights and freedom.

They passed a law forbidding masks and the Quebec community jumps ! We should be free to hide our face if we wished to ! They are taking away our freedom !!!

I am a french Canadian, un Quebecois. I have lived here all my life. And here is what I say :

Since when have we turned into hypocrites ???

Doesn't anyone remember the Indian Crisis? Doesn't anyone remember the population jumping to high horses when the government sat down to sign papers with the "Masked Bandits" ???

Did people get down in the streets then to protest??? Did they walk down all over downtown to yell "Hey...don't take away our freedom ! We should be aloud to wear masks !!!"

Hell no.

How many are freaking out because some ethnics cover their faces???

But when a minuscule rioting group wears masks, breaks businesses windows, destroys property, throws rocks and bricks all over the place, sets material on fire...and then run like rabbits when the cops show up...it's all fine isn't it?

They are taking away our freedom, right?

You must be #ing joking !!!!

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Most of the people, if not 95% are protesting in peace.

Isn't it obvious that when you are talking of about ten thousand people, there will surely be 5% of them encouraging riots ?

Media are trying to put the shame on all the protester while its only a tiny fraction of them who are doing this.

Example: One would expect that for 100 people, maybe 5 or 10 of them will be *agent provocateur* , or useless drug/alcool users just merging with the people and finding an opportunity to break anything they want because they feel strong being with so many people.

I have a question for you guys who don't share the same thoughts as mine, How can you explain me that this afternoon they were 150-200k people protesting WITHOUT ANY violence, but at nights, when normal people are sleeping like normal people would do, there is much more violence?

Here is my guess, It's because the proportion aren't there anymore. There is much more weird/drunk/stupid people at nights, especially in big cities like this. That's why at night riots seem much more stronger and bigger. But that's only an illusion imo.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   
I love Montreal. As a blood relative to a “patriot”, I salute you.

This fight you wage is for all those who were silenced by government acts of anti protest. So many have caved under the pressure of Quebec’s powerful political might, and the abundance of inexpensive goons. Too bad the Children are forced to take the front lines of this democracy.

Remember the nurses’ strikes. Our best and brightest, caring souls following in the steps of Marguerite to Youville, asking for a reasonable wage, and some respect. It ended with back to work legislation, and many of them left us after that. Then there was the 2000 trucker’s strike, where independent operators asked to make a little more than their average 5 dollars/ day wage. It ended with Back to work legislation, and the goons visited all those who refused to work at their homes and informed the drivers of their impending imprisonment. Recently we saw Aveos workers, the former guts of one the world’s finest Aircraft maintenance crews, told their services were no longer needed, and they were forced to watch as their legacies were corporately looted.

My neighbor worked 40 years for Nortel, the company that did the bull work of constructing Quebec massive telecommunications network. 40 years! His pensions along with thousands of other Nortel workers were among the first to be swallowed by the beast. Nobody stood up for them. Every text message sent in Montreal, every piece of data downloaded touches on his work, and yet this winter, I watched this frail 70+ year old man having to shoveling snow off his leaking roof. It is sickening..

Yes, it is hard to sympathize with today’s youth. They are the vulgar reality of our reinvented family units, and institutionalized child rearing; however, one has to admire the fact that they have concluded in a much shorter time then their parents just how futile the system truly is. In Montreal, children go to school/daycare at 6am and come home from the institution at around 6 pm. Playing is always supervised. At around the age of 12, they are told to take care of themselves, and what you get is this generation of repressed over institutionalized under appreciated youth.

This protest is not about a 50 cents a day hike in tuition fees. It is about our children having to swallow austerity, while in the same breath the government plans to give 40 billion to hack up our precious northern territories. The same government who gave billions to RTZ and Nornanda, while towns like Gagnon and Murdochville were literally interred with all of their machinery. Quebecers pay Lafarge 3 dollars for every tire purchased to have them burnt in an open furnace under the delusion of environmentalism. In exchange Lafarge makes their cement for free, and sells it back to the highway department at $250 a ton.

Then there is Hydro Quebec, which keeps expanding, but they have not fired up more than two of four turbines at their largest power plant in over 10 years!

Austerity?

Massive physical changes are coming to this world, and what use is surviving if we abandon our dignity and respect for each other in the process.

AX
FTNWO

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   
The tuition, new laws, the corruption, all boiling together into a melting pot. If they want to change, then get all you can together and make change.

great to see that many people going out there.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 03:03 AM
link   
Tonight protest : 100 arrests

they say on the news that the cops are getting really tired
working 20 hrs shift a day with no off days

That sounds the alarms for reinforcements
will American cops come in Quebec ? to help local cops
or they will call the army in the streets (rumor)

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 03:10 AM
link   
Heres a video i just found on the occupy website of the protests yesterday WARNING will make you feel sick
www.youtube.com...

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 03:34 AM
link   

Most of the people, if not 95% are protesting in peace.

Isn't it obvious that when you are talking of about ten thousand people, there will surely be 5% of them encouraging riots ?

Media are trying to put the shame on all the protester while its only a tiny fraction of them who are doing this.

Example: One would expect that for 100 people, maybe 5 or 10 of them will be *agent provocateur* , or useless drug/alcool users just merging with the people and finding an opportunity to break anything they want because they feel strong being with so many people.

I have a question for you guys who don't share the same thoughts as mine, How can you explain me that this afternoon they were 150-200k people protesting WITHOUT ANY violence, but at nights, when normal people are sleeping like normal people would do, there is much more violence?

Here is my guess, It's because the proportion aren't there anymore. There is much more weird/drunk/stupid people at nights, especially in big cities like this. That's why at night riots seem much more stronger and bigger. But that's only an illusion imo.

100% agree and if you see what the police are doing to many protesters that aren't being violent in any way.
i can quiet easily see how a protester might loose his cool... but like inSo said it's only a tiny fraction of protesters that are (fighting back) When protests start like this here in New Zealand(which wont be long ) i think ill be one of the protesters to fight back(uncontrollably) when i see a cop crack one of my mates skull with a baton. stop believing the media people! Viva La Revolucion!

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 04:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ben81
Today it was raining a lot .. didnt stop the huge protest from happening

and
Anonymous shutdown 13 government sites today
including the minister of education site

edit on 5/22/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

Is it raining over there a lot? It's non stop wind and rain storms here on the West Coast.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ben81
many cars couldnt exit that square for a long period of time

How is that positive to the situation?
Normal people that just want to live their life abused by these thugs...

Property destruction is NOT harming people.

What??
These people paid for their property, and some idiot damages it and it's ok??
How much to repair a car with 4 kicked-in panels?
How much to repair a business window?
Insurances will pay back you say? Yeah and you'll pay more for your insurance...
It IS harming people... Normal people that pay their taxes (and by taxes I include these students tuition fees).
Come on...

Originally posted by AlphaExray
Then there is Hydro Quebec, which keeps expanding, but they have not fired up more than two of four turbines at their largest power plant in over 10 years!

Not sure which powerplant you're talking about.
My mother works for H-Q in the North and they run 8 out of their 10 turbines during rush hour in winter...
They keep 1 backup and 1 is in maintenance at all time, in rotation...

They tried injunctions against campuses on strike (to force teachers to go to work against their will)

Nope.
The injunctions were for the students that asked to go back to class and were abused by the protesters.
They asked for injunctions and got them. The court ruled that way.
It was not to force the teachers to go teaching against their will.
Dont word it to say what you want it to say, word it to say what it IS.

Also mention that after the injunction were handed, the protesters AGAIN abused the students rights (and the court ruling) and blocked the school's entrances, intimidating the students that just wanted to do what they should do, go to school...
The police jumped in and breached the chain and the students could get in the school.
Why the police jumped in? Because the protesters were doing illegal things, acting against the court of law.

Oh and while I'm at it...
Lord Gabriel looks like a bum that just wants to abuse the society, like not paying his rent, because he knows the law is on the renter's side, not the owner.
What about that.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Property destruction is NOT harming people.

*FACEPALM!*

Naw. You dont care that people have jobs to go to, things to pay for. Important things like food and shelter. They dont need them! Lets rampage though downtown Montreal, destroying businesses and making honest peoples lives harder! Yay! It doesnt matter, insurance will pay for it, right? Who cares if they have to spend days cleaning up, trying to assure nervous customers that their area is safe and their businesses will not be targetted again. It would be sweet justice if a business owner caught one of these punks breaking in and went all Clint Eastwood on them. Sadly, the business owner would probably be charged while the vandal set free.

Ignorant, selfish little thugs. I hope the police catch each and every one of the rioters and make them pay for their crimes. Oh right, this is Canada. Naw, they will get a slap on the wrist and will come back for the next G8 summit.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by stanguilles7

The law 78 is coming to your town soon...
the media says it's all about the students... lies...

it started with the students, and now is civil with
every walk of society just have a look here www.arretezmoiquelquun.com... = arrest me someone..
the manifestation is every where in quebec...
it's now about the rights of a free scociety.

i think it's great that it's that generation that will have awoken the elders...

edit on 23-5-2012 by mkkkay because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-5-2012 by mkkkay because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by hiphoprevolution
Heres a video i just found on the occupy website of the protests yesterday WARNING will make you feel sick
www.youtube.com...

that is just the sadest video i ever seen from my home town

thanks! for the link

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by mkkkay
The law 78 is coming to your town soon...
the media says it's all about the students... lies...

Hmmmm, so we SHOULD allow rioters to rampage and destroy property?

Originally posted by mkkkay
it started with the students, and now is civil with
every walk of society just have a look here www.arretezmoiquelquun.com... = arrest me someone..
the manifestation is every where in quebec...
it's now about the rights of a free scociety.

And what rights is it you would like? To stage peaceful protests or destroy and pillage when your feeling the urge?

I for one want change. Namely, balanced budget legislation on both federal and provincial levels and an end to corporate lobbying and corporate election donations.

Im not going to burn down Sobeys or Starbucks to do that however. Seems kind of counterproductive to hurt others while working towards my own ends.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join