It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Montreal Martial Law Bill 78 Passes - Backlash was Immediate; Massive Civil Disobedience

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   
This is the first I've heard about this! Thank you SO much for posting! I'm going to send this to all my friends, I can't believe more people aren't reporting this. In my opinion, it's only a matter of time before demonstrations like this become the norm in America and most other "wealthy" nations.

Thanks again. S&F for you!

Much love,
OnewithAll

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by anoncoholic

Are they protesting because of tuition? The entire world is in economic meltdown.That is the reality that we all face the cops and gov included and without objectivity in your actions you will be subjected to further denials and restrictions.

just my .02

Until these criminals in our corrupt "government" (read legalized organized crime syndicate front men for the international banking organized crime syndicate) are brought down, economies and societies will get worse. If the government chose to do what the corporations and bankers want, rather than what the people want, they have no right to be in control of the purse strings or making any laws, especially laws that protect them while they are in a conflict of interest. The government derives its power from the citizens and it derives a large percentage of its income from its citizens. We all just have to stop paying them anything until they fix the problem and do what people, not corporations, want.

Personally, I think Harper should have been excised from his position after the Russell Williams scandal broke. I mean seriously, CSIS knows what I did 18,000kms away, but they don't know what Williams, the CO of Trenton AFB and Harper's/queen's past pilot, did in our own backyard? That's called protecting your own until they become a total liability. Harper et al or other government cronies must have had a lot of really damaging information of Williams since Williams and Paul Bernardo used to have rape contests running out of the U of T Scarborough campus where they both went to school.

C'mon, I think it's time for a little uncommon common sense, please!

Bottom line, we all know the people in government positions of power and the people who control those puppets in government are all criminals. The jig is up, they're just too stupid to realize it.

I actually had an canadian ambassador say a sort of similar thing to me after I quit working on CI/MI "projects" (yes, I was in the business) and handed over account numbers, bribery dollar amounts on government ministers overseas, info on people killed and planes blown up and why, he told me, "You're dead man, you just don't know it yet." Yeah well I did know at the time and I still do, they can keep trying, maybe 5 times is a charm?

I hope the Montreal protests gain momentum and show up in every major city in Canada. I hope regular people, professional people, retired people, everyone for that matter wakes the hell up and joins in. Metaphorically, the writing is on the wall and the wall is a mile high, you can read it 33 miles away. If you can read then you can understand, we have a HUGE problem in Canada (every colony or country does) and it is not going to get fixed by austerity or new draconian laws. It will get fixed by Canada (and every other colony or country) dissolving their central bank (in our case the BOC) and paying the international banksters the nothing that they deserve.

The next thing of course would be to have independent tribunals to collect evidence for treason charges for our politicians followed by a re-examination and possible repeal of certain treaties and draconian Bills.

ETA: Other measures are necessary as well, like the re-privatization of our energy, roads, natural resources and other socially owned commodities. Citizens are "shareholders" (or stakeholders) in the corporation of the government of your colony or country. Have you ever seen a dividend? No? Neither have I.

Cheers - Dave
edit on 5/22.2012 by bobs_uruncle because: ETA Note

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

Spoiled Quebecers.

They already receive a lions share of federal transfer payments and pay lower fees for tuition than most of the rest of Canada. While i agree with the right of these people to protest, if you would look at some of the pictures you posted, these people are not protesting. They are rioting. Lighting things on fire and damaging honest, privately owned businesses.

The minute any of these people damage property, put others in danger or stop the daily lives of those Quebecers who simply want to live and work, im all for the police beating them down.

I suppose i should protest? We pay a hell of a lot more in the province i come from for tuitions. But alas, i dont have a Quebec entitlement mindset.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by bobs_uruncle
Personally, I think Harper should have been excised from his position after the Russell Williams scandal broke. I mean seriously, CSIS knows what I did 18,000kms away, but they don't know what Williams, the CO of Trenton AFB and Harper's/queen's past pilot, did in our own backyard? That's called protecting your own until they become a total liability. Harper et al or other government cronies must have had a lot of really damaging information of Williams since Williams and Paul Bernardo used to have rape contests running out of the U of T Scarborough campus where they both went to school.

What a load of BS. Care to back up your "rape contest" claims with any facts? Harper knew he was a rapist indeed!

I actually had an canadian ambassador say a sort of similar thing to me after I quit working on CI/MI "projects" (yes, I was in the business) and handed over account numbers, bribery dollar amounts on government ministers overseas, info on people killed and planes blown up and why, he told me, "You're dead man, you just don't know it yet." Yeah well I did know at the time and I still do, they can keep trying, maybe 5 times is a charm?

And by this your implying the Canadian government has already made 4 attempts on your life and expect them to try again? Someone has been watching too much James Bond. Just what color IS the sky in your world?

The next thing of course would be to have independent tribunals to collect evidence for treason charges for our politicians followed by a re-examination and possible repeal of certain treaties and draconian Bills.

And then i suppose you will have a good old fashioned purge? Kill all those in the government who you even slightly suspect is corrupt and start fresh, eh? Worked well in the Soviet Union, Cambodia and more!

edit on 22-5-2012 by nightbringr because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   
It's a total violation of our Charter of Rights here in Canada. Although Quebec students do pay a lot less then Ontario students. GO Students GO 100 days and counting, I urge you all to read, The Sun, 24 and Metro, they all have stories about and how legal it is going to get. We all pay to much for post secondary schooling. Education is a right, I would love for it to be totally free, but then who am I kidding.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by andriod
Education is a right, I would love for it to be totally free, but then who am I kidding.

And id love to know how you would make it free. Seriously.

So. We tell all teachers who have went through their schooling they must teach for free, and must work a full time second job to pay for their lives and expenses. CHECK! Next, we convince all those associated with formulating curriculum, organizing logistics, janitors, teachers aides and anyone and everyone associated with education the same as point one. CHECK! You thought that was hard? Now we have to convince all construction companies, school supplies suppliers, and so forth to never charge a penny for the items they give to the education system. CHECK!

Never once will the government pay for any of these things. Because if they do, it comes from............*drumroll*.........tax payer money!

Nothing in life is free. Neither was the 12 grades of primary school. Each and every homeowner in Canada pays for their education. Even the ones without children.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Nothing in life is free. Neither was the 12 grades of primary school. Each and every homeowner in Canada pays for their education. Even the ones without children.

what the hell are you talking about? aren't you"learning" all the time for free?

"there are only two things which are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and i'm not entirely sure about the universe" -albert einstein

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

Whaaaaaa
The babies in adult bodies who want handouts are throwing a temper tantrum. No media should give them any attention. Adults are smarter than that. Nobody is fooled by the fake protest garbage. Perhaps their parents should be punished for unleashing the useless parasites on the world.

As to the violent creeps in black and masks, lock them up, they are common thugs. They will eventually end up in prison anyway. They in fact are the people who end up in jail, usually many times. Why should the media give a damn about those jerks?

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by mzungu

what the hell are you talking about? aren't you"learning" all the time for free?

True!

But my 12 years in Canadian primary school was certainly paid for by Canadian taxpayers. That was my point.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by nightbringr

oh, i see. forgive my ignorance of your communication.

love you!

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by neoxxis

We are going to continue to pay our taxes and receive next o nothing for them. I have np donating some of my hard earned, stolen tax money to the protestors in Montreal.

I couldn't think of a better cause.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
As to the violent creeps in black and masks, lock them up, they are common thugs. They will eventually end up in prison anyway. They in fact are the people who end up in jail, usually many times. Why should the media give a damn about those jerks?

Exactly.

And there is a very good reason they are banning masks. The Vancouver riots last year when Vancouver was booted from the Stanley Cup playoffs.

To the unaware. After Vancouver lost in the playoffs, rioting fans took to the streets causing millions of dollars damage. They torched cop cars, broke into private businesses and more. But many of these people were caught. Facebook pictures galore went online of the rioting and the police combed through the pictures and arrested those with photographic evidence. Stupid, stupid rioters. They deserve all the punishment coming to them. Honest, hard working taxpayers had to pay for their destruction.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by nightbringr

What a load of BS. Care to back up your "rape contest" claims with any facts? Harper knew he was a rapist indeed!

And by this your implying the Canadian government has already made 4 attempts on your life and expect them to try again? Someone has been watching too much James Bond. Just what color IS the sky in your world?

And then i suppose you will have a good old fashioned purge? Kill all those in the government who you even slightly suspect is corrupt and start fresh, eh? Worked well in the Soviet Union, Cambodia and more!

Actually the canadian government from the foreign affairs side of things were the ones who through negligence and inaction allowed a 4th attempt to be organized in a timely fashion that involved a Sabina Airlines flight from Brussels in 1990, a passenger jet with about 250 passengers. If the canadian ambassador had of gotten my family out of there (in africa), I would have stayed and taken the bullet. It didn't work out that way, I had to pull favors from other MI/CI ops to organize the flight under assumed names to get us all out. The time between organizing the tickets and leaving was less than 14 hours and we spent the last night in a safe location. You have no idea who I am or what I have done in my life, my book is limited in its scope as I required a certain amount of held back "insurance" that could be launched like an informational ICBM.

My point concerning Bernardo and Williams (the rape contests are public knowledge and were run in a variety of newspapers) was that if CSIS knew what "lil 'ole me" was doing between 1986 to 1990 for military, 18,000 kms away, why didn't they have "paper" on Williams, especially after the Bernardo story broke? Either they have stupid, incompetent, negligent or compromised people running their databases (hey Jim @ CSIS, 17 moles ;-). It would appear that they are protecting their own, that is a supposition but from my vantage knowing what I know about governments and my dealings with them, it is a valid supposition. I've seen it play out before in other situations and under other circumstances. Even if you look at a simple thing, like police, they rarely if ever give up their own until they become a total embarrassment. Such it appears is the situation with Williams, he went too far over the line and they cut him loose. You might also want to look back into the Paul Bernardo case and all of the evidence that was destroyed, I wonder if that was to protect Russell Williams at the time or the "good 'ole boys club?"

I think you might enjoy THIS and THIS

The FACT that Harper and the queen used Williams as their pilot is a well documented fact, you can google that easily. I actually spoke directly to Williams when he was CO at Trenton AFB concerning security issues, he seemed a nice enough guy but then most psychopaths seem that way at first, until they get their hooks into you. Fortunately, Williams "turned" quickly, I imagine CSIS talked to him about me, as is their way. Like I said in another post, I put in an FOIA request on myself and got back nothing except nine statutes involving national security. I formally complained to the Privacy Commissioner who told me in writing that "I had received all the information I was entitled to" concerning myself, that being, nothing.

We live in a rapidly expanding fascist/totalitarian state, you just don't know it yet, but you will. Anyway, let me know how that works out for you ;-)

ETA: I do not agree with the protesters damaging anything, if it can't be peaceful, it shouldn't be. The black bloc apparently has been shown to be police instigators as was reported from the Toronto G20 news articles, so yes, they're police and acting in a criminal manner and therefore should be locked up. You other comment on a purge, I stand by the legal method of evidence submission and discovery. If it looks like treason, smells like treason and acts like treason, it's probably treason. Who would have thunk it? Jury of your peers and all that seems to work usually? Apply the same rules they apply to all of us, eh? One rule fits all?

Cheers - Dave
edit on 5/22.2012 by bobs_uruncle because: ETA Note

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Brand new update from this afternoon, it's believe they were at least 75-150k people.

www.youtube.com...

Gotta Love To See This.

I'm all for it, and i'm a Quebeker

edit on 22-5-2012 by InS0MnI because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   

There is now rumors that a curfew will be imposed if the situation doesnt calm down and the army will be called to protect the buildings if there is more propriety damage

The army???

Bring it ON!!!

That pathetic stinking organization of reserve troops that stands as the Canadian Armed Forces will face 150 000 to 500 000 angry protesters, perhaps even more, if they dare. Montreal has got one of the toughest police force in North American, and they couldn't do ANYTHING about the hordes of wild people in the streets, even under the Banana Dictatorship Law (Bill 78) that we have now!

Even under the threat of up to 10 years in jail or 5000$ bail just for carrying that "red square" on you!

A people united will never be defeated, and today, May 22, that gigantic march stood as proof.

edit on 22/5/12 by Echtelion because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   
The comparison with the Iceland revolution media coverup is very adequate too.

Why?

Because this is a case where the despotic State is FAILING, although all its efforts at threatening, dividing, bad-mouthing the student strike movement, that is now more than just student-related.

They tried injunctions against campuses on strike (to force teachers to go to work against their will), they tried to defame students in the big media, to create tension between the "smashers" and pacifist protesters, they severely injured some students, send over 1000 to jail, even attacked random people in the streets, yet the movement is bigger and wider than ever!

The current government (PM Jean Charest is a very good buddy of Paul Desmarais, a long-term Bilderberger and CFR member) is either completely stupid in its attempts to squash dissent... or is intentionally seeking to support an all-out revolution by the "negative way".

In either case, something really big is happening right now, and Americans/Canadians from the "English side" the TIME IS NOW to join in the fight!

I repeat... the time is now.

Good site to follow the news on the strike: CUTV and Montreal Mediacoop

#ggi

#CLASSE

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by InS0MnI
Brand new update from this afternoon, it's believe they were at least 75-150k people.

www.youtube.com...

Gotta Love To See This.

I'm all for it, and i'm a Quebeker

edit on 22-5-2012 by InS0MnI because: (no reason given)

Thanks for the updated video link! Wow! I just hope people don't do any damage. You have to remember that the guy or girl in the corner store you pass is probably a relative, a mother, a father, an aunt, an uncle, etc. of someone in the crowd. I know people can get wrapped up in the moment, but restraint is the operative word, be the change you want to see. People don't have to lower themselves to the antics of the government "enforcers," meaning the police and/or military. Like I said in another post the black bloc appears to be an agent of the police, as shown in the Toronto G20 report, inquiries and newspaper articles, the police masqueraded as black bloc so they could be instigate and accelerate a violent and unlawful police action.

Hope everyone stays safe!

Cheers - Dave

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Thats today protest marking the 100th day .. estimate of at least 300 000 protesters
3 huge protest were moving in a square position *nice tactic)
many cars couldnt exit that square for a long period of time

everyone was part of this protest denouncing the new law
the police are unable to apply it
because the movement has become a collective protest from all age

In that protest they say .. only a few were wearing a mask
old people were also part of it and many parent with their babies
came into the streets
no violence was reported at all

This is the student leader

many were not supporting the student
the new law 78 changed all of that
now most support them

the best thing that could happen for the student
was the new law ..

Karma at its best

edit on 5/22/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones
The whole situation may have been created so as to provide the propaganda reasons to elevate the police state in Canada.

There's already a Police State, officially, since last Friday. This is what the people are fighting, now, in the streets. And the Police seems unable to actually enforce it, with all the budgeting they've been given over the past years, and their already huge presence. They made many arrests, but the charges were toned down.

Bill 78 is as much Police State as you can imagine, and the only step higher to it is a full Martial Law. But they won't do it, because the military plainly is crap, here. Just like the Police, they're only good at dealing with small, isolated opposition.
edit on 22/5/12 by Echtelion because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Today it was raining a lot .. didnt stop the huge protest from happening

and
Anonymous shutdown 13 government sites today
including the minister of education site

edit on 5/22/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join