It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Montreal Martial Law Bill 78 Passes - Backlash was Immediate; Massive Civil Disobedience

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by stanguilles7

Originally posted by Ben81

Mainstream Media IGNORES Quebec Revolution... the government obviously censored the media

Ignored? Censored?

I do get tired of people saying the 'msm' is ignoring something, when they are actually covering it extensively. Below are all links from 'mainstream' sources covering the student protests in montreal. This is just a sample, and there are FAR more. Part of the reason it doesnt get more attention than it does isnt really because the media ginroe it, but because the public, as a whole, doesnt really care.

www.msnbc.msn.com...

www.msnbc.msn.com...

www.cbsnews.com...

www.cbsnews.com...

www.cnn.com...#/video/world/2012/04/21/pkg-akman-canada-violent-protest.cbcnews?iref=allsearch

www.foxnews.com...

www.theglobeandmail.com...

www.calgaryherald.com...)
edit on 21-5-2012 by stanguilles7 because: (no reason given)

After the FLQ and the kidnap/murder of Pierre Laporte... after the french divided the country ... after their refusal to just separate and go away - which led sunlife insurance to not only leave quebec but Canada entirely, can you blame the rest for their apathy?

This poor little me syndrome is just another of the antics to gain attention. Mob mentality is still just a bunch of punks and the erosion of liberties is a result of the threat of bodily harm... or would you rather molotov cocktails be lobbed on every street corner because all they know is playing with fire? (not this reply but to the OP)

Far better course of action would be to do it via the correct venue, in the courts. If the courts fail a genuine petition, then is the time to revolt, not before a hearing is even chaired... but then the solution isn't wanted, the separation and disintegration is where the french want it to lead because we all know this "silent war" is an under-mining from within.

Play tptb game and make us all losers when all face the same regulations they now enact to keep the peace.

Let the cabbies roll. afaic as I have little sympathy for french rule that brought me up in an English system only to be made a second class citizen by the very country I enlisted to defend. A country that was proud to be a melting pot of society and yet all those second languages are made inferior because hey, the french need to keep their heritage right?

pfft, pay the fines and maybe some day you will learn that you play in the big boys parks, you play by big boy rules.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Canadianpride420
Live stream...much, much bigger than any crowd i've seen at the G8 and Nato Summit.

www.livestream.com...

commentary switches between french and english. Keep in mind this is a demo protest, tomorrow night it is supposed to be way bigger.

Date : mar. 22 mai 14:00 – 17:00 Est Lieu : Place des arts, Montréal.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 11:49 PM
link   
They don't even understand what they are protesting, lower tuition? For what? A degree built mainly on the memorization of useless information. Refuse to support their brainwash centres they call universities thats the ultimate protest. The current curriculm is based on the "science" of an unsustainable model. Instead the students should focus there energy on creating a sustainable model, a return to the balance of nature. Rioting is just another sign that people are beginning to wake, I find new indications that people are beginning to wake everyday.

edit on 21-5-2012 by bigcoupee because: grammar

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by The X

get real protesting is the ONLY way

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by anoncoholic

This poor little me syndrome is just another of the antics to gain attention. Mob mentality is still just a bunch of punks and the erosion of liberties is a result of the threat of bodily harm... or would you rather molotov cocktails be lobbed on every street corner because all they know is playing with fire? (not this reply but to the OP)

Far better course of action would be to do it via the correct venue, in the courts. If the courts fail a genuine petition, then is the time to revolt, not before a hearing is even chaired... but then the solution isn't wanted, the separation and disintegration is where the french want it to lead because we all know this "silent war" is an under-mining from within.

The courts? Seriously? Who are they going to sue and for what? Some nondescript fall-guy in the government or a university? By the time they get through the court system it will be ten years or more. You have to have money to get justice in Canada and that sucks. But a corrupt system favors the corrupt and that sucks more.

The courts are part of that corrupt system. Do you really think the courts will support what is right or just? And even if they could, it would end in full blown martial law and at that point the courts don't mean [SNIP]. The government isn't even honest enough to tell people this is not a country, it's friggin' colony FFS's. The whole thing is some big feudal joke.

Let me tell you about the courts and the government... In the late 1990's to the early 2000's I was the whistle blower on a 150 million dollar tax and public funds fraud that involved universities, government, a very large brokerage house and banks. I gave all the information to the courts. What did the courts do? Buried it, refused to deal with it and gave me a nice permanent gag order so that I could never repeat the names of all those criminals involved in the scam. Leading up to the gag order, CRA lost roughly 550 pages of evidence, three times. Two of the times the director of the CRA in Scarborough signed for the documents and one of those two times, all the evidence was hand delivered personally to him. (By law I am not allowed to destroy evidence, so I still have it all.) After the case was finished, a condition of my order was that I still had to surrender the information under the law if requested, even though the gag order was in place.

Enter the CRA again and a rookie auditor with a legal request to perform a ten year audit. So during my ten years back audit, the CRA see an entry in my books for a 30 million dollar capital loss and asked me to prove it, which I did with those court and other documents. The auditor went [SNIP] and started going on about fraud and par value and malfeasance and government ministers and illegal deals, etc., he said he was going fix this situation. I laughed, I told him he would just frustrate and hurt himself. It apparently went all the way to the top, to the Minister of Finance who read CRA the riot act and told them to not investigate the 30 million dollars, to ignore it and let it go, to not give me ammunition to reopen the case as the scandal would be too great and would effect the university system as well as the government. It's funny, when I do an FOIA request on myself, for myself, I get back nine statutes involving national security, stating why the government doesn't have to tell me [SNIP] about me and you can see that document on my website (the original document PDF'd with my name redacted).

So I know how our corrupt government and the court system works first hand when their mitts are in the public cookie jar. I could tell you more about our ambassadors as well that would probably shock the hell out of you. Suffice it to say, the government and any of their "organs" in positions of power are puppet scumbags who work for even bigger scumbags. I have never met an politician who was not a sociopath, a liar, deceitful and only interested in themselves and their cut of the action. I have met and worked with a lot of them.

The people in Montreal are doing the only thing they can right now, protesting relatively peacefully. I hope it doesn't get out of hand. Using the courts is not an option, certainly not the next option. But I will tell you one very simple truth, if you back people into a corner and they can't go around you, you can be damn sure they will go through you.

Cheers - Dave

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.
edit on 22-5-2012 by Gemwolf because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 02:08 AM
link   
reply to post by anoncoholic

Yeah, let's all just take it to the corrupt courts that have everything slanted in their favour lol. I'm sure that will really help make some progress.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 02:42 AM
link   
Why is it a student protest? I always wondered why. Where is everyone else?

Wait a second, Anonymous is involved? No longer care.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 02:43 AM
link   
you both missed my point entirely. I am aware just how the gov works and the best action would have been to make it an issue in the courts and then the support of the Canadians would have gotten inline with the protestors too. (not just in quebec but it would have become a national issue in others standing up for rights and not feigning at protest when that would associate them with criminal activity.

There is a way to demonstrate and if any (even a single person) took to the streets in a hunger strike that resolve demands action otherwise it gains national attention to the cause via peaceful means and not terrorist character.

To start riots and throw molotov cocktails doesn't solve anything except engage those who are supposedly there to protect us all. They do their jobs and in their eyes they saw a crowd of hooligans that care nothing about the public safety nor property. How many cars are burning as I type this? Who loses, the powers being protested against or the individual owner? The police are people too and even though they toe the line in their jobs all it takes is in giving them a new perspective on the issue rather than reinforce the need to round all up and imprison them on grounds of national security or even something as simple as public mischief and in the courts eyes, examples will be made to keep it from happening on a national scale.

Arson isn't a joke

You can't shoot yourself in the foot and expect any forward movement. Any gains made are already manifest in a negative way like new law enacted that also brings not only martial law but curfew and yet this tide of dissent won't stop there as they have nothing to lose. What happens next? Total clampdown on what limited free speech remained and in the end the only means left to stand on issues will become a moot point as the clampdown escalates and in the end you gave the oppression the reason to further oppress.

Are they protesting because of tuition? The entire world is in economic meltdown.That is the reality that we all face the cops and gov included and without objectivity in your actions you will be subjected to further denials and restrictions.

just my .02

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 03:02 AM
link   

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 03:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

Its not rioting for a hand out. Its rioting because they cant afford college. They keep raising tuition making it impossible to go to college thus impossible to get a job. Stop being so ignorant....

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 03:51 AM
link   
I see no correlation between Bill 78 and Martial law - would someone please provide me with a credible source. As far as i am aware, bill 78

Suspends winter semesters at schools where students have boycotted classes; stipulates steep financial penalties for those who try to block access to schools; and restricts public protests.

I don't see anything there which states that the military is to take control of the situation in that comment.

As for the protest/riot, it just shows that Americans have been dumbed down. You see the international society, and there is no hesitation whatsoever to engage in riot-esque activities. They actually speak up for what they believe in. Americans on the other hand, you get people following orders and stand on the footpath yelling "# the Police."

Americans are truly retarded when it comes to freedom wanting protests.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 03:54 AM
link   
reply to post by stanguilles7

Hi. Well I can tell you that there has been absolutely NOTHING on the UK TV about this and nothing in the UK Press either. Not one word!

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 04:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

Why isn't this happening in the US? I'm not talking about isolated protests but a MASS protest in EVERY city!

And why are so many quick to dismiss this as a protest by ungrateful students? Are people really that comfortable with their sheepish ways that they'll dismiss a movement that they could be a vital part of?

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 04:04 AM
link   
reply to post by anoncoholic

It's possible that those throwing incendiary devices are agent provocateurs.

If the majority of the crowd is not acting in such a manner, then it becomes all too obvious.

The only way that the pigs can control the people is to infiltrate their groups and then pass laws to restrict people based on manufactured violence.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 04:19 AM
link   

Mainstream Media IGNORES Quebec Revolution... the government obviously censored the media

Ignored? Censored?

I do get tired of people saying the 'msm' is ignoring something, when they are actually covering it extensively. Below are all links from 'mainstream' sources covering the student protests in montreal. This is just a sample, and there are FAR more. Part of the reason it doesnt get more attention than it does isnt really because the media ginroe it, but because the public, as a whole, doesnt really care.

www.msnbc.msn.com...

www.msnbc.msn.com...

www.cbsnews.com...

www.cbsnews.com...

www.cnn.com...#/video/world/2012/04/21/pkg-akman-canada-violent-protest.cbcnews?iref=allsearch

www.foxnews.com...

www.theglobeandmail.com...

www.calgaryherald.com...)
edit on 21-5-2012 by stanguilles7 because: (no reason given)

(requoted in full to ensure links cascade forward!)
Well said there is far too much "MSM ignores" blah blah blah nonsense on this site. It suits peoples personal agendas and/or backs up their nonsensical conspiracies to say "MSM ignores". After all the moment they admit MSM is not ignoring pet theory X then the conspiracy falls apart. Oh my God my conspiracy is in tatters I'll have to kill myself.....hang on no what I'll do is lie about media coverage and hope I don't get caught out

People have to realise that, for example, on the news at 10 (UK ITV) they have half an hour to report things. During that time they cover UK politics (obviously), Main UK events, main World events (usually 1 or 2 top of the list items), sport, technology, cinema/drama and weather. Now it is IMPOSSIBLE let me repeat loudly again IMPOSSIBLE to cover even a fraction of a percent of all the events happening around the world. Most things have to be covered in ever more localised news coverage. Even though a story (Fukishima) may contine for months you cannot report on it day after day you have to move on to newer news.

The world has got smaller. There is literally nowhere in the world that is not minutes from being able to report on events. This means the volume of news is thousands of times larger than it was 20 years ago.

Time for most conspiracy theorists to wake up, grow up, and realise MSM is NOT ignoring news it just can't report on everybodies pet theories.

I have lost count of the number of times people mindlessly state the BBC has ignored/covered up blah blah blah and then gone on to the BBC website done a search and lo and behold the story is there.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 04:37 AM
link   
reply to post by yorkshirelad

BBC, ITV and Sky all have 24-hour rolling news programmes 7 days a week in the UK. This morning's news headline on Sky was about Marks & Spencer making 1% less profit this year than last. The next item was about new legislation to fine people for putting rubbish in their gardens. And you think there is no place for reports about 100 days of student protest in a British Commonwealth country? You have got to be kidding. By the way, I worked as a film & video editor for the BBC and ITV for 13 years so I am not unaware of what kind of items make it into the News and what do not.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 04:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by yorkshirelad

Time for most conspiracy theorists to wake up, grow up, and realise MSM is NOT ignoring news it just can't report on everybodies pet theories.

Oohh OK i will need to wake up then, as i have always believed the media was ignoring certain news...... Stupid stupid me and my pet theories !!

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 05:19 AM
link   
reply to post by blaenau2000

I just watched the 11AM TV News here in the UK: Sky & BBC1. Nothing on either of them.
Also nothing on the Earthquakes in Sofia, Bulgaria. However they may be waiting for video-footage and corroboration of number of injured/affected on that one.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 05:52 AM
link   
Yesterdays protest had 3000 to 7000 protesters
there were no violence and everything went smoothly
the reason for that they say that the police were more discret
et was staying far away from the big crowd

You see .. when there is no police .. the protests stay peacefull
edit on 5/22/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 06:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Sword
Why isn't this happening in the US? I'm not talking about isolated protests but a MASS protest in EVERY city!

And why are so many quick to dismiss this as a protest by ungrateful students? Are people really that comfortable with their sheepish ways that they'll dismiss a movement that they could be a vital part of?

Some people don't want to leave their comfort zone. They are either in denial and believe that everything is fine, or they can see how bad everything is but just don't want to go against the grain because they are afraid and would rather sit in the corner sucking their thumb.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join