It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Montreal Martial Law Bill 78 Passes - Backlash was Immediate; Massive Civil Disobedience

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Curious why I haven't heard a word of this out west in Alberta. Star and flag for you OP.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by bobs_uruncle
I would prefer to see every Canadian STOP PAYING TAXES INDEFINITELY and bring the government down so they are forced to do what people want, rather than corporations and international banksters. The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.

Unfortunately that won't happen because there are always those people who side with the government and agree with everything they do. It's impossible to get everybody to agree on one thing and bring it into action.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

Good work on organizing the thread my friend. It seems that these protests are now spreading to western countries and it is no coincidence.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
reply to post by Ben81

Good work on organizing the thread my friend. It seems that these protests are now spreading to western countries and it is no coincidence.

Canada is a "western country". Just sayin...

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeadSeraph
Curious why I haven't heard a word of this out west in Alberta. Star and flag for you OP.

I can tell you why... same reason why Quebec is the perfect place to start the police state in Canada. Nobody else in this country really gives a @#@# about what happens there. Its the perfect place to have something fly under the radar.

To give a bit of perspective for others around the world: Most Canadians west of Ontario think of quebecers as a bunch of whiners who are always complaining about the government. What better place to start taking away rights and enforcing tyrannical laws? TPTB know that the rest of the country will probably ignore it.

Don't get me wrong, I am a PROUD 13th generation Quebecois living in Alberta at the moment. I have lived in Quebec, and I know that the perception the rest of the country has is not true. I know that these students probably have every right in the world to protest. But Im realistic...

S+F OP, and thank you to all of the people keeping this situation updated.

This is important to ALL Canadians. It might start in Quebec, but its setting legal precedents that no doubt WILL be used against protesters across the country.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xaphan

Originally posted by bobs_uruncle
I would prefer to see every Canadian STOP PAYING TAXES INDEFINITELY and bring the government down so they are forced to do what people want, rather than corporations and international banksters. The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.

Unfortunately that won't happen because there are always those people who side with the government and agree with everything they do. It's impossible to get everybody to agree on one thing and bring it into action.

Yes, I fully agree, believe we all understand that problem and it is unfortunate that one cannot create a fully unified front. We can hope however that the government pisses off enough people from all walks of life that together they can actually make a difference.

Cheers - Dave

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Live stream...much, much bigger than any crowd i've seen at the G8 and Nato Summit.

www.livestream.com...

commentary switches between french and english. Keep in mind this is a demo protest, tomorrow night it is supposed to be way bigger.
edit on 21-5-2012 by Canadianpride420 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by bobs_uruncle

reply to post by Xaphan

Divide and conquer, my friends....

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   
This is very brave of the Canadians! It just goes to show you how fed up the entire world is with the corruption and tyranny. I say we encourage everyone to spread this news and remain vigilant. Love for all!

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Canadianpride420
Live stream...much, much bigger than any crowd i've seen at the G8 and Nato Summit.

www.livestream.com...

Wow, that a seriously good 'n large group of people and they are peaceful from what I see! You get that number from each major city in Canada and buss them in to Ottawa, where the real problems and corruption live. The load on the city's sewage system would be enough to bring it to a halt LOL.

Cheers - Dave
edit on 5/21.2012 by bobs_uruncle because: k instead of g

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Canadianpride420

Merci beacoup for the livestream link. Awesome!

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by osirys

Originally posted by DeadSeraph

I can tell you why... same reason why Quebec is the perfect place to start the police state in Canada. Nobody else in this country really gives a @#@# about what happens there. Its the perfect place to have something fly under the radar.

To give a bit of perspective for others around the world: Most Canadians west of Ontario think of quebecers as a bunch of whiners who are always complaining about the government. What better place to start taking away rights and enforcing tyrannical laws? TPTB know that the rest of the country will probably ignore it.

Don't get me wrong, I am a PROUD 13th generation Quebecois living in Alberta at the moment. I have lived in Quebec, and I know that the perception the rest of the country has is not true. I know that these students probably have every right in the world to protest. But Im realistic...

S+F OP, and thank you to all of the people keeping this situation updated.

This is important to ALL Canadians. It might start in Quebec, but its setting legal precedents that no doubt WILL be used against protesters across the country.

I can confirm 100% that what you have said here is true. Out west, we don't give a rats ass about Quebec (largely due to the separatist movement there). Western Canadians (myself included) have the notion that since Quebec is so demanding it can fend for itself. I will freely admit I am biased against Quebec and harbor resentment over many of the issues it has propagated in our nation. But I am completely opposed to any tyranny in this nation, be it Quebec, BC, or Newfoundland. There is simply no excuse. This issue needs to be exposed in this country for what it really is (and I think you have laid it out here quite frankly).

edit on 21-5-2012 by DeadSeraph because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   

It's really encouraging to see this many people, I haven't been on this forum for a while but felt I had to share the link so more people can see for themselves. I can't imagine the crowds tomorrow will draw...but yes, we need to converge on the Parliament building in Ottawa and remove Harper asap!

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   
From listening to the protesters marching on the live stream...

It seems that a lot of the protesters arent necessarily supporting the original tuition hike protest. The one protester said the he's there now because of the new law, which he says is taking away his freedom. He said its his right to protest, so he'll continue to protest.

It seems that maybe by passing this law, they sparked some more protestors?

10 000 + portestors on the way to preform a sit in on Charest's house.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by osirys
From listening to the protesters marching on the live stream...

It seems that a lot of the protesters arent necessarily supporting the original tuition hike protest. The one protester said the he's there now because of the new law, which he says is taking away his freedom. He said its his right to protest, so he'll continue to protest.

It seems that maybe by passing this law, they sparked some more protestors?

10 000 + portestors on the way to preform a sit in on Charest's house.

Good. Power to the people for standing up against what is clearly legislation not becoming of Canada. Glorious and FREE, and we won't have it any other way. They have taken enough from us already. I think the rest of the country could stand to learn something from the passion demonstrated in Quebec here. I just hope they demonstrate the same passion when it comes time for us to stand UNITED for our country.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by osirys

Your welcome

I think you hit the nail on the head, this new law really upped the ante and brought out the masses. I heard earlier there is talks and preparations underway to start a student strike in Ontario, whether that happens remains to be seen, but I would be personally involved as I'm a full time college student in Ontario atm. Here's hoping this is the wake up call Canada needs...

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Heh, There was a time that this crap would not have been met with passiveness in the USA. Now, US citizens just don't take up the fight and get mad and pissed and put it on the line.

However, I have always known that when in moment, Canucks would put foot to ass whenever it was called for with regard to there government without concern for there own well being. They have proven it time and time again.

The last 30 years in the USA has made the majority of American passive with regard to this type of response and those who will get down and dirty with the Government have been targeted and subdued long before the fight could begin so they are out numbered.

One thing I know is this. Canadians have been awake the whole time and USA is waking up fast.

May the GODS help the governments of both Nations when it happens because they don't have a chance in hell and they know it.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   
"Disobedience huh? I'll fix that" -God

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Yes, that's a good point. It looks like we might be headed towards the boiling point where everybody will turn on the government. They seem to be painting themselves into a corner really fast.

edit on 21-5-2012 by Xaphan because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ben81

Originally posted by XPLodER
reply to post by Ben81

there has been no coverage here in nz
thank you for posting star and flag to you

the whole world is now watching we will be with you in heart and spirit
peaceful non violent civic action will be supported world wide

peace and light

xploder

Thank you for your support

I live 30 min from Montreal
but didnt go to the protest .. not planning to since im not a student anymore
i have other things to do like working and relaxing at home after
but i support the students and their right to protest about the greedy governement
that try to make more money on the students heads

these protest are historic
and it need to be reported live for others in the world

This spring will be the Quebec spring

Is America next ? i think yes shortly after the end of the Nato submit
edit on 5/21/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

I sincerely hope so. Thank you for the updates on what's been going on North of "our" US border. ATS is such a valuable resource for information that just doesn't "get out there". Kudos, and good luck.
I have always enjoyed visiting Canada, and post 9/11 the necessity to spend well over $100 for a passport to visit ( unless entry is by motor vehicle ) has widened the split of knowledge between our neighboring cultures. Intentional? You go figure... :~(

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join