It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Montreal Martial Law Bill 78 Passes - Backlash was Immediate; Massive Civil Disobedience

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by nightbringr

Originally posted by mkkkay
the video shows me a cop sitting on top of a student when the others saw they went to help the student to
not get arrested, then the car rushes the students..

people should help the ones being detained.

if i stand by and do nothing, when they come for me no one will be left to help me
when tyranny is law, resistance is required...

Just goes to show people will see what they want to see.

I see hooded thugs throwing large bricks and objects that could seriously hurt or maim someone. These people deserve to be put in jail before someone innocent, including the police, get killed.

The only tyranny i see here is idiot anarchists here harrassing hard working police officers that most likely only want to finish a hard days work and get home to their wife and kids.

www.livestream.com...
Watch for yourself live streamed from within the protest...no bias here this is live...tens of thousands of people marching peacefully, no violence here!

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by hiphoprevolution
reply to post by The X

get real protesting is the ONLY way

Not the only, just the most socially productive.

There's also sabotage and disruptions.

And also all-out civil war... but that'll be for in a few months.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   

the video shows me a cop sitting on top of a student when the others saw they went to help the student to
not get arrested, then the car rushes the students..

people should help the ones being detained.

if i stand by and do nothing, when they come for me no one will be left to help me
when tyranny is law, resistance is required...

Just goes to show people will see what they want to see.

I see hooded thugs throwing large bricks and objects that could seriously hurt or maim someone. These people deserve to be put in jail before someone innocent, including the police, get killed.

The only tyranny i see here is idiot anarchists here harrassing hard working police officers that most likely only want to finish a hard days work and get home to their wife and kids.

Those thugs are children most are 16years old, some are the children of those police...
how long before a police hits one of it's own children...

this is the begining of a police state

when you need the permission of the gov. to go against the gov.
what are your chances....

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by mkkkay

this is the begining of a police state

With all due respect, I don't think so. I sincerely believe that the cops are reacting to violence and not the other way around. I am not saying that they are all leading examples, they are not. They are overworked right now, tons of overtime and a lot of them haven't seen a day off in a while. Chances are that more policemen will lose their "cool" if it doesn't start to quiet down. It doesn't mean a police state. It means being fed up.

I see a lot of wrong propaganda amongst all of this. Cops are being shown as thugs and thugs as heroes...

Not all seems to be what it is. A lot of editing everywhere. A lot of biased articles everywhere.

A protest - in daytime - with 100,000 people turns out peacefully even if there are policemen everywhere. A confrontation - at night - with a few thugs gets the front page.

Talking of propaganda, also, student leader Gabriel is a shining example of what I honestly do not trust. He owes two months rent, rent that he pays $ 950.00 a month for goodness sakes. There are a TON of hard working people that CANNOT afford a $ 950.00 monthly rent !! Hello??? The kid wants to become a lawyer ( yet there might be a future political agenda behind all of this). How much does this guy spend on clothes...on food...on beer...on a fancy cell phone, a fancy laptop and fancy restaurants ?? He represents what we must fight against. Greed and hypocrisy. Elitism and fakery. Not what we should defend and honor !

I don't understand.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xaphan
reply to post by nightbringr

I would laugh so hard if they wiped everybody's debt anywhere, especially North America though. Not only would I feel happy for the people that had their debt erased, but I'd laugh myself to sleep for weeks knowing that the system got trolled so hard.

edit on 23-5-2012 by Xaphan because: (no reason given)

Except of course doing that would cause the financial colapse to come today instead of sometime in the future. Because thats what would happen if all people worldwide were absolved of all personal debt, complete decimation of our financial system.

I'm starting to think that maybe that's the only solution - burn it all down and start over from scratch. It's clearly not working anymore, so maybe a complete collapse would be a blessing in disguise.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 05:27 AM
link   
450 arrests for yesterday night

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Those thugs are children most are 16years old, some are the children of those police...
how long before a police hits one of it's own children...

How long before a children hits his own father/uncle/brother/friend with a brick??

when you need the permission of the gov. to go against the gov.
what are your chances....

You dont need their permission.
You just have to LET THEM KNOW what your itinerary is.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Innocent.
Police.
lol

edit on 24-5-2012 by Xaphan because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Update from last night:

So for 30 nights in a row, a protest was schedule and they don't gave the itinerary to the police as usual. The police said loud and clear, we are declaring this protest "Illegal", however we are allowing people to walk and protest peacefully to respect people. HOWEVER if any criminal acts occur, that's it!

They warn them 10-15 times all night, and finally what happen....some people start creating trouble and throw stuffs. Criminal activities occurs and they arrested 518 people.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   

I'm starting to think that maybe that's the only solution - burn it all down and start over from scratch. It's clearly not working anymore, so maybe a complete collapse would be a blessing in disguise.

Whats clearly not working? Do you live in Greece or Spain?

I, living here in Canada have a great life. I have a house i paid off, two cars, a wonderful wife and daughter. I care deeply about them and enjoy life to the fullest. I go on two vacations a year, snowboarding in the winter always one of them. Why would i want to tear down everything ive worked so hard to acheive?

If thugs in the street want to destroy my Canada and everything i love about it, they are going to have a fight on their hands. Many of us look elsewhere in the world and see just how bad it is out there, and consider ourselves fortunate.

Sorry your life is either bleak or you have lost hope. There is so much opportunity in this country for those who want to work for it.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Innocent.
Police.
lol

Yes, i am aware there are people like you who believe every single cop is corrupt, and we would be better without them.

Not sure why, perhaps many of you have had run ins with the law and are bitter you now have a criminal record. I myself have had run ins when i was younger, and i deserved what i got and learned from it. Since then, i have always been treated with respect from the police i have encountered in day to day life.

Its easy for you to sit on your computer and criticize. But you dont have to put your life on the line in a underpaid job where you get little respect.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by nightbringr

No I certainly don't think all of them are corrupt. I know there are some good honest cops out there. But the bad ones definitely outnumber the good ones. I'm not bitter about anything, except maybe seeing a friend of mine get punched in the face by a cop when he was 13, not to mention the decades of police brutality, which seems to have increased insurmountably within the last few years.

And no, I have absolutely no criminal record at all. I've never been arrested, or even detained. Your analysis is invalid. Just because somebody has a problem with police doesn't automatically make them a social degenerate.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Xaphan

Your system is pretty good.What you need to do is to get out of the US/illuminati military and political control.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Xaphan

And what else was I to think of your earlier response of "innocent, police, lol". When you paint an entire profession with such a broad brush, it's hard not to jump to conclusions about you opinions.

Sounded an awful lot to me like you were labeling them all as corrupt.
edit on 24-5-2012 by nightbringr because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   
I speak French so please, apologize my bad English.I know that you may have already chosen your side on this conflict but maybe you haven’t got all the information’s.

Let me begin by saying that there were a screening survey about this strike and the MAJORITY – 61%- are against students. ( www.lapresse.ca...)

Quebec tuition fees are almost the lowest in Canada(Newfoundland is lower but who lives there anyway?). Actually, each year since I can remember, they were trying to increase tuition fees a little bit but every times, students came out and keep crying to keep fees frozen. (www.statcan.gc.ca...)

Don’t forget that some students won the right to go to school even if they are in strike as it isa fundamental need and some of them even pursue their own student association because they won’t let them go to school. (In French only sorry :-/ lesnews.ca... and tvanouvelles.ca...)

Every times that the Quebec government istaking an action, there is a riot and they retract. This time, they are keeping the hard line. Well, it’s about time. We have the highest tax rates. 5% Fed + 9.5% (Qc) which mean that I already pays 14.5% of taxes on everything. If tuition fees aren’t increased, this means that I will have to pay for them and I think that I already give enough.

Yeah, right, they won’t have enough money for their IPhone and their brand new BMW but they will in a few years. They should have a budget lesson.

Oh, I almost forgot, they are talking about freedom… Sorry? What? And mine? The freedom of using my money at my will?

Revolution? For what? We already have free access to healthcare, no toll road, etc... I think that these kids are whining without even thinking of what they already have. They take everything for granted and think that the world can be a better place than we already have. We should drop them in Afghanistan for a month. Now they would be complaining for something real.

Let’s see, 2 731$ for a fulltime session. How about yours ATS member? I wonder how much is an Harvard session

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   
I agree with above + what are they going to do when their mortgage rate increase, they will go protest?

Anyway, even now if they win, which I hope they don't, they will increase our taxes to pay for all the property damage and police overtime. Few weeks ago, the reports were saying that those protests for now cost 190 million dollars.

So they will still pay....but again they will protest for increase of taxes?????

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   
I think they are right to protest like that for the tuition fees. IMO all education should be free, anywhere.

The future of the world is to educate everyone the better we can, while reaching that point, there will be a substancial reduction on the violence and the stupidity that cause it, it will be felt around the world, if every country does it. Furthermore, we will become more aware of the potential of being a growing educated society and we will see that our world can really be the Heaven instead of Hell.

People complaining that they are already paying enough taxes and such, I understand that, but let me explain you what should happen. While giving free acess to education, the government should'nt be force to raise taxes because of this.
You know what they should do ? Just manage their priority BETTER ! You know, taxes come from alot of different things, with that in mind, They should think about putting alot of their spending on education and healthcare. While putting more money into those, they just have to put less money on the millitary and things like 'Le Plan Nord' and other bad decisions.
Why do we need to feel the urge to spend soooooo much money on millitary if we are looking for a peaceful world.

Governments are spending money on things that will make them grow more rich. Thats the only thing we need to understand. So, my point is, STOP giving money away to the 1% and try putting everyone on the same level.

Amen.

This is from a Quebeker

edit on 24-5-2012 by InS0MnI because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by InS0MnI

I do understand that you want a peaceful world and it all begins with education. Spend less money in military? not so sure. Its not because you want a kind of peaceful heaven that everyone have the same dreams. Everyone have their own will and it is not necessarily the same as yours.

Paying for school won't ruin you. You are not alone. I'm still paying and won't be done before 2020. So what? I have a great job that I couldn't had if I didn't go to university.

So please, let us tax payer alone and bring your peaceful world ideas to your French dissertation.

Thanks

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by atomik22

Without being rude, I think you totally miss my point.
You also seem to be for the war ?
Oh well. Sorry to hear.
Not everyone want to have war. Only a tiny fraction ...

Btw, im also a tax payer. You look like someone very mad, when talking about taxes. Maybe you should analyze other people point of view. And try to learn a few things about it.

edit on 24-5-2012 by InS0MnI because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Imagine our Army already look like B.S, so I don't think we put that much money in there, we barely have submarines to protect our homeland and our F18 are from 1988.....

Asking for free education, I don't think it can happened, with all the point you bring in, for sure I agree with you that our government take bad decision, but what we would do in their position, maybe we would not do better. What happen behind close door, we don't know.

All of this for 180$ more per year......good god

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join