It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Free energy perpetual motion machine.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Oscillator

Your talking horizontal. 1+1=2 I'm going to use two 0's in a verticle possition. Look like an 8.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Okay well I highly doubt this will work but thought I'd play along anyway. You got me thinking about how this idea was derived from the natural process of evaporation. So I'm wondering why you don't use that in your plans? Like make a case out of clear plastic/glass, make the top curved into a point for the water to run off easy back into the reservoir. If the whole thing is airtight you shouldn't get much water loss. Surely the evaporation replenishment would be like a turbo boost! No? lol

Good luck anyway, it's a fun project.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by mee30

Wow that's a good idea to prevent evaporation loss at least. If it can't escape it won't be lost. Rain water could be used for top up and is also free. Thanks.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Wifibrains

You would also need to find a way to maximize the volume of water you can collect from the evaporation, perhaps something like lots of needles through the top of the dome, all pointing towards the reservoir. And perhaps a rim at the widest part of the dome, the rim could have a run off the either falls onto the wheels or into the reservoir. Though surely you want the reservoir to be as high as reasonably possible.

No problem, hopefully I've given you a couple ideas.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   
I really think that, with a few adjustments, the design I referred to in my first post on this thread would have worked. To be clearer, I mean the cleanest, most accurate drawing...the one that looks like something halfway between a rough draft and a finished product, with the wheels going in a staircase and all that.

Call me silly, but I would have liked to see that one come to life.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by mee30

Instead of needle type tubes, may stalagmite type point derecting water towards the wheels, adding like you said... Turbo.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Yes that would work too though I was really thinking of increasing the potential area for condensation. Obviously with each needle/tube you would be increasing that area. What you wouldn't want is the water evaporating and just flowing down the sides back to where it came from. You want to minimize that loss as much as possible.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Starchild23

It looks possible. But it would have been over 8ft tall To get enough power from the water. That's why I scaled it down and simplified it. The lower I have to lift the water, the easier it will be. Feel free if you want. Hehe. Anyone will be able to build one. I'm making my prototype from junk. If it works I'll invest in better parts and a fabricated frame.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by mee30

I get what you mean. Kind of like directing light through fibre optics. Directing it to where it can be utilised. Nice.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Half of your supplies will be plywood...I'm guessing 4 feet tall is a good balance of power vs convenience.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Starchild23

That's what I'm working with. I've still got two wheels, two screws, but only need to move half the water.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Well I see that most offered no real help. My suggestion, stop thinking of this as a "gravety" engine, it isn't.

Do some research on hydo-electric plants.

Your two biggest issues will be friction of the moving parts, use really god bearings. The other issue is "head".
Thats actually a semi-technical ter that describes your waterfall. You are going to need feet of "head". Do your research to find out how to compute it, and make it according to your design parameters.

You might also try not using a bicycle generator. They typically have large turning resistance, and you won't be able to fix that. Instead, use a small DC electric motor, say in the 6 - 12 volt range. for a load, use an LED and resistor. Doing this will enable you to evaluate the performance of a small model, and help in the decision to scale it up.

Stay away from gears and pullys as much as ossible. Balance will not have any effect on your system, so that is a design consideration you don't need. Again, your biggest issues are "turning resistance" and "head".

I originally thought your idea was ... well not worth much. However,since it can't achieve perpetual motion; to much energy lost in bearings, and "fuel loss" (water evaporation). But, that is no reason it wont work. Water is cheap (usually) and a bit of WD-40 will keep the bearings happy. If large enough, I see no reason that it won't work and provide very cheap energy.

Good luck.

ETA. I just had a thought. for your turbine / paddle wheel, try a Tesla Turbine. They are typically more efficient and easier to build. You'll have to do your homework on that, but, I think it will be well worth it.

edit on 21-5-2012 by AnthraAndromda because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starchild23

Half of your supplies will be plywood...I'm guessing 4 feet tall is a good balance of power vs convenience.

Actually he will probably need a "Head" of greater than 10 feet to make it practical, but, 4 feet should provide a good "proof of concept".

edit on 21-5-2012 by AnthraAndromda because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   
isn't a hydro-electric damn a form of perpetual motion machine.

the water turns the turbines which create electricity which runs the plant and all the machinery.

this form of energy is free, except for the salaries of the staff that run it, maintenance and parts.

it's the greedy scum of people that turn this natural form of energy into a for profit enterprise.

if it was run for the benefit of the people, hydro ceos wouldn't be making 7 figures a year and hydro bills would be a couple of hundred bucks a year.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   
I know i am jumping in a little late but why use a water screw?

Try a solar powered water pump to pull the water that spins the wheel. Couple this idea with a Shifting Mass Overbalanced Wheel, you could theoretically produce enough energy to power a small home!

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by AnthraAndromda

Thanks for the imput. I'm positive the screw being on top as appose to the side will be an advantage, it will not put strain either side and I can slightly raise it off the wheels to reduce load. Just enough to make it turn. Like I said water is extremely placid and will just slide up the screw into the header tank and out onto the wheels.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by randomname

From these small dams they power whole cities. We want to power our own home. Scale it down, it makes scence.
edit on 21-5-2012 by Wifibrains because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   
i have a question. y do you all think that a free energy machine is what the world needs right now? do u really think the world is ready to play with such toys?

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Perpetual Motion of this particular nature will not work.

The only machine that will is the magnetized oscillator where to harness magnetic power and convert it into free energy.

You may be able to incorporate a friction based generator powered by the magnetized plate.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Did you do any math to design your machine?
You know, to prove it works or will work.

I looked through your pictures and they seemed to just be drawings.
Not trying to be overly critical. You may have it all worked out, but putting it out for review would be constructive.

Unless you're thinking about hanging on to the secrets so you can make a buck.
Just like all the rest...

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join