It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Odd light in the sky... Need help identifying it...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 01:46 AM
link   
Okay, so I live in Atlantic Canada, Prince Edward Island to be exact, and a little over half an hour ago (3:00 am) I was outside having a cigarette when I noticed a light flash in the North East. This light was somewhat like the nav lights on a plane with the exception that this light was much brighter and only flashed every 5 seconds. There is an airport not far from where I am, and you can hear planes coming and going... Prop planes as well as jets. It was moving fast and vanished after just 3 flashes. It didn't land at the airport and didn't disappear over the horizon...

Do any of you folks have any idea what kind of plane has nav lights with a delayed flash of 5 seconds... It was bright and like I said, it only flashed a total of 3 times... I should mention that the light reminded me of a halogen light... Came on very bright then faded out...

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 01:49 AM
link   
No clue ... wish I could help but i'll give the thread a bump so it doesn't get buried too quick.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 02:40 AM
link   
I also can't think of a delayed light like that but I will too bump the thread. I like your objectiveness.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 02:49 AM
link   
reply to post by 001ggg100

I experienced the same thing about 10 years ago in Australia. It was night time and the sky was clear. Bright flashes, HUGE bright flashes erupted from the ground up. Like a football stadium with all the lights on.
No noises whatsoever.
There a few flashes and they were hundreds of miles apart. Still have no idea as to what on earth they were. I've only seen it again 2 times in the last couple of years. Always at night time, always silent.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 03:36 AM
link   
reply to post by 001ggg100

I think its possible that you saw an Iridium Satellite flare .

The number of failed iridium satellites is now significant. They are characterized by a rotation period of seconds. When near a point in their pass where flaring would occur they CAN give a set of very short (less than 0.25 second) flashes to negative magnitudes.
www.assa.org.au...

Here are a couple of examples of double flash iridium satellites

Wide angle Meteor video patrol system detected two flashes in the sky. It was from the tumbling iridium satellite IR#24 or 97-082B

edit on 21-5-2012 by gortex because: edit to add videos

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 03:45 AM
link   

There is an airport not far from where I am, and you can hear planes coming and going... Prop planes as well as jets.

There you have it.That you dont understand what it was dosent mean its a ufo.

And without photos all we can do is speculate and chat.

Having an airport near you tends to raise your hopes only to smash them down when you understand what really happened

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 04:15 AM
link   
Chinese lanterns =D?

Nah but seriously No idea maybe clouds blocking you're view of the other flashes?
I've seen slow flashes but if you're directing special attention to it then it sounds a lot longer then usual.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by gortex

Thanks gortex, that seems to be the most likely suspect. Satellite did cross my mind, but I couldn't think of any Satellite that flashed like that... I've never seen one before... Until last night.

Thanks everyone for your input.. It is much appreciated.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Hi, If a video of the sighting turns up, post the video here.

Thanks

new topics

top topics

join