It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Truth About the Garden of Eden Story

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by LilDudeissocool

Originally posted by SilentKoala

Originally posted by anoncoholic
God doesn't lie.

Yes, but who is God? Is it your belief that "God" is the same being as the "Elohim" of the Genesis creation account? Did you know the word "Elohim" translated as "God" in the book of Genesis actually means "gods" ore more accurately, "mighty ones"?

Oh goody another opinionated interpretation turned into an absolute out of thin air. Just say, "Abracadabra" and it shall become fact just like the word of God.

It's not out of thin air. It's a known Hebrew word with a known meaning. Look at all the other uses of the same word in the bible, and in contemporaneous Hebrew sources, in context. It's not an opinion, it's a fact.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by windword

The REAL question you should be asking is if this is a STORY or is this a REALITY? EVERTHING...Logic, Science, Genetics, Basic Human compassion as well as the questions you just posted...point to this being written by a MAN...because if there truly is a GOD...that GOD would not do what is described...if you of course believe in a GOD that loves you. There is an EXACT EQUAL PROBABILITY based on the Math that determines there is a 50/50% chance that GOD COULD HATE YOU! This is just the Math.

So...keep asking questions. The deeper you look...the more the facts point toward RELIGION BEING A CREATION OF MAN. This does not mean that there may not exist a GOD. But as example....in the Bible...it is written that Moses Parted the Red Sea. THIS IS FALSE AND A MISTRANSLATION. If you don't believe me...check out the Vatican Website.

MOSES crossed the REED SEA...a marshy tidal area that had much vegitation...ie...REEDS! Moses and his followers crossed at low tide...when the Egyptians finally caught up and began to cross....this area near the connection to the Med and Red seas...RAPIDLY began to fill with water and the Egyptians chariots got swamped. DIGS have found Egyptian Chariots under silt and the Egyptian Soldiers did not die in great numbers...just a few who could not swim.

When the Vatican was asked about this MISTRANSLATION...they admitted it and said the reason they have not changed it back to the original text that was improperly translated is that this story has been going on for so long that a change now may confuse some of the Faithful. This is but ONE MISTRANSLATION. There are many more that Christian Leaders are well aware of but do nothing as this would bring doubt into their ability to collect dues.

Also...for those who do not know...left out of the Bible are the Gospels of Peter, Mary and Judas....link
www.gospel-mysteries.net... The more you know...the better off for it you will be!
Split Infinity

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

There is an EXACT EQUAL PROBABILITY based on the Math that determines there is a 50/50% chance that GOD COULD HATE YOU! This is just the Math.

LOL . Sometimes I think that's the case.

I think the story in Genesis is a misinterpreted allegory. I don't think it's a literal story. I am not surprised that some people do take it literally, but I am surprised that so many believe that the serpent was Cain's father.

I think present day human DNA has been tampered with. We have anti-nature, self destructive tendencies that I can't explain otherwise.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 12:59 AM
link   

If you look at how things were before the rule of law and the whole Feudal System. Human Beings are better off now than they have ever been. They just BITCH MORE! LOL! Split Infinity

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 02:54 AM
link   
but there's something about the tree. the bodhgaya tree in sidharta's story, the sidratul muntaha in islamic theology/mythology. the tree of life to be cut with the axe of liberation, in the bhagavad gita.

is there some connection in this? something is fishy about the symbolism of the tree..... but what?

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 03:13 AM
link   
reply to post by EnochWasRight

Oh man, thank you so much, somebody actually knows the truth.
Stick to what you believe in. Stand up for the Lord.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 03:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by SplitInfinity

So...keep asking questions. The deeper you look...the more the facts point toward RELIGION BEING A CREATION OF MAN. This does not mean that there may not exist a GOD. But as example....in the Bible...it is written that Moses Parted the Red Sea. THIS IS FALSE AND A MISTRANSLATION. If you don't believe me...check out the Vatican Website.

MOSES crossed the REED SEA...a marshy tidal area that had much vegitation...ie...REEDS! Moses and his followers crossed at low tide...when the Egyptians finally caught up and began to cross....this area near the connection to the Med and Red seas...RAPIDLY began to fill with water and the Egyptians chariots got swamped. DIGS have found Egyptian Chariots under silt and the Egyptian Soldiers did not die in great numbers...just a few who could not swim.

When the Vatican was asked about this MISTRANSLATION...they admitted it and said the reason they have not changed it back to the original text that was improperly translated is that this story has been going on for so long that a change now may confuse some of the Faithful. This is but ONE MISTRANSLATION. There are many more that Christian Leaders are well aware of but do nothing as this would bring doubt into their ability to collect dues.

Also...for those who do not know...left out of the Bible are the Gospels of Peter, Mary and Judas....link
www.gospel-mysteries.net... The more you know...the better off for it you will be!
Split Infinity

In other biblical references, the Hebrew phrase "yam suph" means Red Sea or its other parts like the Gulf of Suez and Gulf of Aqaba. 1 Kings 9:26 "King Solomon also built a fleet of ships at Ezion Geber, which is near Elath on the shore of the Red Sea [yam suph], in the land of Edom." If this were a marshy lake full of reads close to Egypt, this would certainly be a strange place for Solomon to build his great fleet of ships. But geographers know Elath is a PORT at the northernmost end of the Gulf of Aqaba. One simple example in scripture that completely nulls and voids your belief given to you by those who's sole purpose is to give you 'reasons' for rejecting God.

It's tragic that the reason "the Bible was written by MAN" is used as justification for people to reject His message in Holy Scripture, yet the same people believe everything else today that is truly WRITTEN BY MAN. Break out of your indoctrination and brainwashing and hypocrisy to discover that your reality has been given to you by people who are thieves and liars and deceivers.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by anoncoholic
Death threats from God who created man to live?

Don't put your hand on the stove or you will get burned so the devil says look, the stove won't burn you (until it gets turned on) and as foolish as man (and your interpretation) is oh, lookie, no burn.

You then proceed to blame God for all the ills of the world by claiming it is God who is the liar?

... not even worth correcting your flavor of what you deem is truth... like you were even there... surprise, The Holy Ghost was there and is still here... until man reaches that point of falling away as your thread tries to draw all into the snare.

Yes, the devil is a crafty one and uses tools like yourself to convince man that it is God who is evil because you know what? The devil is god on earth for a reason... man since Adam and Eve were left alone to grow up as God decided back then that since our Faith in Him was dead (by eating and not listening) we needed to learn by example and all the woes of man and the tree of knowledge have borne its fruit.

The understanding of God in some will never happen for God Himself blinds those minds... simply separating the wheat from the chaff.

God left us to grow without His guidance and all we had were the fallen angels influence.

People like yourself who are so full of ego as to blame God for your void never comprehended just which direction we took... nor how the direction of following the Lord in His path would have led our evolving as a society.

It will be only through experiencing the forthcoming death as told of by God and our original sin will you finally (and too late) come to realize that the battleground has always been in the mind and you surrendered the day you quit believing in God.

WIN!
thank... you.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 03:46 AM
link   
Satan is Saturn , and upon the death of the human / animal body , the human spirit is then guided by none other than lucifer through the seven spheres of the afterlife to purify the soul from human animal desires .
Then guided back again into rebirth and reincarnation !

Forget the christian interpretation of God , look to the old world gods for our history and how humans came to be from consciousness !

christianity is based on all of the old religions and gods , they just streamlined it into monotheistic belief to make it more palatable to new societies
edit on 23-5-2012 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 07:09 AM
link   
reply to post by FRATERPERDURABO

Originally posted by FRATERPERDURABO
not bad.

a coupla things tho:

serpent = transformation (skin shedding). The presence of the snake tells us that this is a story about change and transformation. Death also is a symbol (word) for change. Taro major #13.

Eve may have picked the fruit, but Adam ate first.

and no analysis of the creation myth is valid without also considering the role Lilith played.
Lilith = Adam's first wife: made of the same stuff he was made of.

Eve was fashioned from Adam's rib: the chaste part of the body, apparently.... are you sure it was God who made Eve?

It is not necessary to understand; it is enough to
adore.
The god may be of clay: adore him; he becomes
GOD.
We ignore what created us; we adore what we create.
Let us create nothing but GOD!
That which causes us to create is our true father and
mother; we create in our own image, which is theirs.
Let us create therefore without fear; for we can
create nothing that is not GOD.

hermetic.com...
I figured since you wouldn't credit your source for the passage you quoted, I would do it for you.

edit on 5/23/2012 by Chamberf=6 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Chamberf=6

Adam who was a proto human , was part human/animal part vegetable ! plant life !

he created eve through parthenogenesis without the need for a partner

we have plant parts in us all , look at our nervous systems and the mitochondria in our cells !

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by coyote66

The "tree" is the "serpent".
Or, simply put, the god of the tree of knowledge and the god of serpents is one and the same.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by SilentKoala

Yep, that's because it is a polytheistic story, retold in a monotheistic fashion.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by SplitInfinity

The REAL question you should be asking is if this is a STORY or is this a REALITY? EVERTHING...Logic, Science, Genetics, Basic Human compassion as well as the questions you just posted...point to this being written by a MAN...because if there truly is a GOD...that GOD would not do what is described...if you of course believe in a GOD that loves you. There is an EXACT EQUAL PROBABILITY based on the Math that determines there is a 50/50% chance that GOD COULD HATE YOU! This is just the Math.

Split Infinity

You make a very good point ! When I was an active mormon, I really and truly thought that "the book of mormon" was the true word of God in every sense of the word. Then when I wanted to study the roots of the whole thing, I started to read books by scholars. I started reading Grant Palmer's "Insider View of Mormonism" Simon Southerton's "In Search of a Lost Tribe" (DNA and Indians do not equal hebrews etc. )

I started to wake up to the fact, when you are in a belief system you can get practically hypnotized to a "flock' mentality! That is when the lead bird flies in a different direction you follow the herd. Even if your headed toward a lethal storm.

It is truly amazing how when you are in a group setting you can believe that Eve truly came from Adams rib. And not think wow, could that be a bone marrow transplant ? etc.

I think there desperately needs to be more translators of the sumerian tablets that have a 20th century view of sumerian tablets (there are thousands not translated). Not based on translators that started translating when there were no rockets or high technology, so they very well could of left out precious (high - tech words). Because it could be that cultures on other worlds could indeed be much more culturally sophisticated 10,500 years ago than we are today. Just look at the megalithic stones in Baalbek, Lebanon. Our advanced technologies have no crane that can lift those! What a smoking gun that is plus all the other thousands of razor blade jointed stones in other parts of the world.

Just look at the varying races and think that we all came from Eve! HELLO! !

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by sapien82

You are responding to someone else's post, not mine.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by stupid girl
I don't really have a definitive answer for that, Sugar.
You make me blush.

I don't think it was something physiologically poisonous, no.
I've heard several theological postulations on why it was there in the first place. One of them being the correct postulation that in order for us to truly have free will, we had to be given the option to exercise it.
I think they showed their free will plenty while in the garden before they ate the fruit. Everytime god asked them to do something, they chose to do it, they could have said "no". Yet, this ONE time where Eve is convinced to eat the fruit by one of the most subtle creatures in the garden, she does it, while not having the knowledge of good and evil. It's like god set up a trap and his accomplice was the serpent.

Then I concluded that:
That's what God wanted too.
That's what His intention was, and still is.
Is there anything your children can do, or you neighbor's children, that would make you want to torture them FOREVER in fire?

I don't think death was an invention, I believe that death was a result.
How did it get here?

Did it exist before our fall? I reckon it did, but I do not believe that the original creation of man was intended to ever experience it.
Is god all-knowing? If so, how could it not be intended? Like you said, he had a plan of "redemption" before he created everything. It had to be intended for us to die.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by guitarplayer
The killing of those in the promised land was due to the fact that they had fallen angle blood in them and that was an abomination to God.
So you're one of those who thinks that fallen angels and humans could mate with each other? I've asked this before, can angels mate with each other? If so, can they produce offspring with each other? If not, why do they have reproductive organs that are compatible with humans? Why does their dna work with ours?

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by xstealth
You clearly don't comprehend, or don't read at all.
Cane and Able were twins, from two different seeds.
You believe that Satan 1. Has a penis and testicles (reproductive organs). 2. Has compatible dna with humans.? Can fallen angels mate with each other and produce offspring amongst themselves? If not, why do they have reproductive capabilities? What was god thinking when he made them?
edit on 23-5-2012 by Hydroman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by guitarplayer
No the flood did not take care of all the giants it did kill all the half breeds so to say.

Poor planning on the all-knowing god's part.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Hydroman

Is god all-knowing? If so, how could it not be intended? Like you said, he had a plan of "redemption" before he created everything. It had to be intended for us to die.

I agree!

And God must have put his plan into play pretty early. Between the time God created Eve, and told Adam and Eve to get busy replenishing the Earth and the time that the serpent tempted them had to be less than 9 months. If Eve was a human woman, she should have given birth to Adam's first offspring in the garden. Apparently, that wasn't God's plan after all, as Cain wasn't born until after their expulsion.

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join